Help with Scry Symbols

SweetSiren

I have been very emotionally lost when it comes to my boyfriend. I just feel that I'm at my wits end and I'm caught because I love him deeply, but I don't know if he is a good partner to me.

So, I went to the woods to scry. There was a tree with a lot of leaves and flowed quite a bit in the wind, so I used this. The symbols are a bit nonsensical to me, so I'd appreciate some help.

I saw, in this order:
alligator
hands clapping
S
J
W
a man writing with a quail pen

Upon some research, alligators have what is known as an alligator dance! I guess they send guttural sounds that make the water jump as a mating call. Upon watching a video of this, it looked really similar to what I saw the alligator doing. But, I really haven't the slightest idea what an alligator mating ritual has to do with my issues with my boyfriend.

Hands clapping would indicate a job well done. Again, not sure how this connects.

The only letter of any significance is "J". That is the first letter of my boyfriend's name.

Quails and alligators are both associated with protecting oneself. Thinking linearly, I might be advised to protect myself through words, a breakup letter? But I also see that the quail was a symbol of endearment, as it was once a gift lovers would give to each other. The guy writing with the pen did remind me of Shakespeare writing love sonnets.

So, these symbols may have nothing to do with my issues with my boyfriend and talking about some other things that I should think about. But my abilities certainly are not there yet. That trance in itself took a lot out of me. I have no idea how to connect these symbols, if they can be connected at all. If you guys have anything to say, do tell!!

Apollonia

Just to address the alligator, perhaps the facts that the male alligator's penis is always in a state of "readiness" so to speak, and that alligator couples are not monogamous might shed some light? (Given that, it is interesting that you saw three initials and while one was his, neither of the other two related to you.)

Hands clapping implies to me a show before an audience. Do you feel that any part of your relationship is "just for show" or insincere on the part of you or your boyfriend?

Do you mean a quill type pen that is made of quail feathers? Quill type pens are generally made from the bigger feathers of large birds such as geese, so I'm not sure where the quail comes in. At any rate, writing a letter with a quill pen is a slow, old fashioned way to communicate, so to me it could mean that it is important to engage in the more "archaic" forms of courting, such as spending more time face to face rather than communicating electronically. Or it may mean that on some level, you feel that he is not willing to spend time and effort courting you in the way you would like.

YMMV of course.

SweetSiren

Just to address the alligator, perhaps the facts that the male alligator's penis is always in a state of "readiness" so to speak, and that alligator couples are not monogamous might shed some light? (Given that, it is interesting that you saw three initials and while one was his, neither of the other two related to you.)

Hands clapping implies to me a show before an audience. Do you feel that any part of your relationship is "just for show" or insincere on the part of you or your boyfriend?

Do you mean a quill type pen that is made of quail feathers? Quill type pens are generally made from the bigger feathers of large birds such as geese, so I'm not sure where the quail comes in. At any rate, writing a letter with a quill pen is a slow, old fashioned way to communicate, so to me it could mean that it is important to engage in the more "archaic" forms of courting, such as spending more time face to face rather than communicating electronically. Or it may mean that on some level, you feel that he is not willing to spend time and effort courting you in the way you would like.

YMMV of course.

I just realized he lives in a town that begins with the letter "s". Even still, I don't know what that would have to do with anything or what the W stands for.

And no, I don't really feel that anything is for show.

"Alligators/crocs come together only to reproduce and have distinct individual personalities. Those with this power animal are generally loners and only come together in groups if they absolutely have to" This basically describes our relationship. We are a bit long distance, and I've been feeling really hurt at how separate our lives feel. And when we do actually see each other, and this might be TMI, but all we have time for is sex. Perhaps this is a sign to me that we aren't actually in a relationship. I guess a sentient being on the outside looking in would think we act just like alligators lol We haven't integrated our lives at all, and I feel pretty alone in my feelings. We're still the champions of our lives and can't work together.

That still leaves me feeling really clueless about the other symbols, but at least I have a better understanding. Thank you.

Apollonia

I just realized he lives in a town that begins with the letter "s". Even still, I don't know what that would have to do with anything or what the W stands for.

And no, I don't really feel that anything is for show.

"Alligators/crocs come together only to reproduce and have distinct individual personalities. Those with this power animal are generally loners and only come together in groups if they absolutely have to" This basically describes our relationship. We are a bit long distance, and I've been feeling really hurt at how separate our lives feel. And when we do actually see each other, and this might be TMI, but all we have time for is sex. Perhaps this is a sign to me that we aren't actually in a relationship. I guess a sentient being on the outside looking in would think we act just like alligators lol We haven't integrated our lives at all, and I feel pretty alone in my feelings. We're still the champions of our lives and can't work together.

That still leaves me feeling really clueless about the other symbols, but at least I have a better understanding. Thank you.
Makes sense, and the feeling that you don't have the time for courtship works with the person writing with a quill pen--that was a slow and courtly way to communicate.

danieljuk

symbol suggestions from me....

an alligator is hard to approach, I believe they tell people in the areas they live to avoid them and never approach face on! You thought he might be doing a mating dance and we move to the hands clapping, somehow you made a connection with someone difficult to approach and win over! I am not sure many people are able to do that with him.

You thought the letters might be his initial and town, another idea from me is Social Justice Warrior, that is an internet invented term (I think) for someone who fights or has progressive causes that they care about / fight for. SJW is a pejorative term because someone else might disapprove of their causes or perhaps they fight for them when locally many people would disagree with them. Perhaps also in the terms of this reading they have causes they really care about and fight for and write about with the last symbol the quill pen!

I think this man was hard to approach but you succeeded in winning him over, but will he have anytime for you when he has so much he writes about and has interests in? How can you get attention from his causes and interests?

Anyway that is my take :)

Padma

to me the alligator is a scaly, untouchable, unhuggable, unapproachable, frightening creature, with a big, false smile. (there is also the term "crocodile tears" to suggest a false person.)

Hands clapping can also be used to wake a person up - we clap our hands to get someone's attention or to wake them from sleep.

Maybe the universe was trying to wake you to the fact that he is not good for you, is not approachable or warm (alligator).

The quill pen could easily be a "dear John" letter, breaking up with him. Alternatively, it might be you telling you to take the time to write your feelings out, perhaps keeping a journal would be helpful to you, and allow you to echo thoughts back to yourself?

I am unsure as to what the initials might mean - it seems Danieljuk had a good take there! :thumbsup:

A lot of what you saw has a lot to do with you and your deep feelings on the matter! The symbols seen during scrying often take either a very literal or very personal meaning...often, what I see makes no sense to me, but makes sense to the sitter.

Perhaps you are hiding some truth about the relationship to yourself, and your subconscious mind was trying to get you to see what you are truly feeling, deep down...?

SweetSiren

to me the alligator is a scaly, untouchable, unhuggable, unapproachable, frightening creature, with a big, false smile. (there is also the term "crocodile tears" to suggest a false person.)

Hands clapping can also be used to wake a person up - we clap our hands to get someone's attention or to wake them from sleep.

Maybe the universe was trying to wake you to the fact that he is not good for you, is not approachable or warm (alligator).

The quill pen could easily be a "dear John" letter, breaking up with him. Alternatively, it might be you telling you to take the time to write your feelings out, perhaps keeping a journal would be helpful to you, and allow you to echo thoughts back to yourself?

I am unsure as to what the initials might mean - it seems Danieljuk had a good take there! :thumbsup:

A lot of what you saw has a lot to do with you and your deep feelings on the matter! The symbols seen during scrying often take either a very literal or very personal meaning...often, what I see makes no sense to me, but makes sense to the sitter.

Perhaps you are hiding some truth about the relationship to yourself, and your subconscious mind was trying to get you to see what you are truly feeling, deep down...?

That's what I thought too, that maybe I'm taking a literal approach to symbols that might take feeling to comprehend. And... I couldn't come up with anything. But if I recall the feelings of the reading, it was light and gay. Like the alligator "dancing" .... I got more of a cartoony feel. The alligator was more of a character. I caught a bit more seriousness with the person writing. That felt the most important to me and was by far the most defined symbol. It's like it was coming out of the tree.

I'm thinking I shouldn't take things so seriously. Alligators are normally somewhat terrifying, or at least a serious matter, and I didn't get that feeling at all when I looked at the symbol. He was a caricature, so maybe I shouldn't take difference of opinions as seriously. Things might seem bad, but they aren't really aren't that bad.

At any rate, thanks for pointing me to the "feelings" of the reading. Those are just as important!

SweetSiren

symbol suggestions from me....

an alligator is hard to approach, I believe they tell people in the areas they live to avoid them and never approach face on! You thought he might be doing a mating dance and we move to the hands clapping, somehow you made a connection with someone difficult to approach and win over! I am not sure many people are able to do that with him.

You thought the letters might be his initial and town, another idea from me is Social Justice Warrior, that is an internet invented term (I think) for someone who fights or has progressive causes that they care about / fight for. SJW is a pejorative term because someone else might disapprove of their causes or perhaps they fight for them when locally many people would disagree with them. Perhaps also in the terms of this reading they have causes they really care about and fight for and write about with the last symbol the quill pen!

I think this man was hard to approach but you succeeded in winning him over, but will he have anytime for you when he has so much he writes about and has interests in? How can you get attention from his causes and interests?

Anyway that is my take :)

It's really funny what people can pick up on. We all might see something different in symbols, but they're all aspects of the truth!

My boyfriend is quite unapproachable. I think he's an affable guy, but his friends and coworkers wonder how in the world I've won him over. He has a reputation for being a really hard manager and kind of a daredevil guy. But I see something very, very different in him. He has exes that he doesn't have any soft feelings for and runs far from them. We dated years ago and got back together. It appears as though I'm the only one he has kept a torch for.

He doesn't write much, but your idea of having causes no one else agrees with, he's right there, which is why I'm drawn to him. He lives in a very, very, veerryyy Christian community, and he can buck against this at times. He can interject his opinions at times that I don't think are necessary. So maybe not true to the SJW definition, but he can be this person in real life at times.

So... maybe this reading's symbols was just a way to get me to see him in a different light and not so subjective. Because I am now able to take a step back from my feelings and see him as the whole, a separate entity from me.

GotH

alligators - have ferocious appetites and big mouths. they hide in the water (emotions) and watch their surroundings. perhaps this describes you or him regarding the emotional aspect of your relationship

hands clapping - someone felt they did a good job at something and wants recognition

The initials - ? Initials have never made sense to me. sorry.

a man writing with a quail pen - a man wants something known or set in writing

Just some possibilities...

SweetSiren

Man with quill pen- higher learning. I am presently going back to school. Although that doesn't say much about my relationship, it is something relevant to my life.

The alligator and the way the hands clapped reminds me of the clapping games I used to play as a kid. Quite a few rhymes used alligators. Also fits with the cartoony-vibe I got from the alligator.

So, I'm thinking I'm being advised to take lightly the way he is and what has transpired, and that my thoughts are better directed on school.