How do you know if you're astral travelling when you are asleep & how do you stop it?

WolfSwan

How do you know if you're astral travelling when you are asleep & how do you stop it?

Have any of you woken up feeling like you haven't slept a wink? I've heard from a few people this could be because I'm leaving my body during sleep and going off and doing "spiritual" and "other work" energetically, and so when I wake up, I'm exhausted.

Assuming all health issues are clear (healthy diet, exercise, meditation and proper bedtimes) and there are no external factors (snoring, sleep apnea, bedroom is decently ventilated and climatised)...what would you do to stop this?

I meditate before bed and ground myself, I also sleep with black tourmaline for grounding, and I've taken to asking my guides to allow me to sleep through the night so that I can awake refreshed in the morning. It works some times, but other times, like last night it didn't, and I feel like I can barely function.

Have any of you had this experience? What do you do to stop it? I do have vivid lucid dreams that I remember on some nights, like last night too.

Saskia

Have any of you woken up feeling like you haven't slept a wink? I've heard from a few people this could be because I'm leaving my body during sleep and going off and doing "spiritual" and "other work" energetically, and so when I wake up, I'm exhausted.

Yes, this happens to me too: I feel I've been "working hard" on something throughout the night, usually it happens when I'm enthusiastic and excited about something (like learning tarot better) and it clearly puts my mind/soul on overdrive. It's hugely annoying though because I feel like I never rest during these periods!

I manage it by doing yoga 2-3 times per week as it allows me to unwind, and also by focusing on something completely different than the topic that makes me excited. Try to read something fictional but light, or watch light-hearted tv shows that are not too heavy, just to give your mind a rest before bed. Walking in nature helps too, if you can do that regularly to unwind. I think that being anxious and/or excited is the most likely reason, so whatever can calm your emotions would be great.

WolfSwan

Yes, this happens to me too: I feel I've been "working hard" on something throughout the night, usually it happens when I'm enthusiastic and excited about something (like learning tarot better) and it clearly puts my mind/soul on overdrive. It's hugely annoying though because I feel like I never rest during these periods!

I manage it by doing yoga 2-3 times per week as it allows me to unwind, and also by focusing on something completely different than the topic that makes me excited. Try to read something fictional but light, or watch light-hearted tv shows that are not too heavy, just to give your mind a rest before bed. Walking in nature helps too, if you can do that regularly to unwind. I think that being anxious and/or excited is the most likely reason, so whatever can calm your emotions would be great.

Yeah, I run three times a week and do yoga three times a week, alternating days! I also meditate before bed to ground myself. Even so, I feel like I'm off doing other things when I should be resting.

Glad to see someone else experiences this though!