I think I need help

SkadisPhoenix

OK so first I should address the housemate - she is absolutely fine with my beliefs, she's Christian, yes, but she also uses tarot cards, she even helps me look for things to add to my altar, she actually wants to start a youth club called "Grown on Diversity", where people can explore their different beliefs, their different interests, and it would be a multi-faith run organisation, open about sexuality too.

The reason the pastor drove me was because his wife was too ill (again, she is fine with my beliefs, while she does say that God will help me, and I should pray to him, and believe in him, she accepts that I don't)

I will definitely investigate the druid sites, I am thinking more, as Daisy asked, about linking Wiccan practises with the Welsh Celtic Deities.

I shall also do what people have suggested and find a way of being closer to nature, though it will very much have to be a case of bringing it in to me, because of my disability. Thank you so much for your suggestions, and understanding, it has made me feel a lot better about everything! :)

Glass Owl

Given the fact that your housemate not only tolerate but supports your differences in religion (as well as your tarot collection) then it seems that the real issue lies between your housemate and the pastor. Perhaps he thinks that he is losing control over your housemate and he is being motivated by fear?

You mentioned that this pastor said you were "poisoning" your housemate with your beliefs. So this sounds as though he doesn't approve of some of the things your housemate is saying or doing. And since he views you as the bad influence he tried to shut you down. (Happy to see that you didn't cave in to his scare tactics.)

Since the pastor is so openly opposed to what you believe and is actively trying to convince you to become a Christian, this strongly makes me question how much he would support your housemate's plans for creating a multi-faith youth group. If she is trying to get others in the church involved, I can see the pastor really being opposed to it given his intolerant attitude towards you.

If she really wants to start up a diversity group through a religious organization, she may have more of a welcoming response from an Unitarian Universalist Church.

"Unitarian Universalism welcomes people with diverse beliefs. Individual Unitarian Universalists may identify with and draw inspiration from many different religious or philosophical traditions, which can include Atheism/Agnosticism, Buddhism, Christianity, and Paganism."

http://www.uua.org/beliefs/principles/

http://christianity.about.com/b/2010/05/14/unitarian-universalism-christian-or-not.htm

They also encourage the individual to seek their own path and are "unified by their shared search for spiritual growth." Furthermore, they "celebrate rich diversity and welcome people from all walks of life, religious backgrounds, races, and sexual orientations." (http://www.pacificunitarian.org)

Tor

I have written one thing in my BOS:

"People who have a strong faith have a tendency to doubt so much that they need to convince others"

When it comes to having faith in gods and deities, I believe in the power and creativity of yourself. It means that for me it's not so important what the name of the god(s) is - but the intention you put into it.

Be creative and practice it. Play and learn :)

Tor

Since you mentioned Christianity I wish to share something from The Bible. It's in Colossians 2:16-19

Freedom From Human Rules

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.