Interesting 'random' reading today

Deanne

I had an unusual experience while walking home from work today; wanted to share, and see if anyone else here has experienced anything similar.

There's a woman who's a cashier at a store I shop at often. She always seems quite friendly and happy, and I enjoy our brief interactions. But I have never thought of her outside of that store.

Today I saw her while walking home. We were walking in opposite directions, and I noticed her maybe 20 seconds before our paths crossed. At that moment I wondered to myself what she was like outside of work (which is odd, I don't usually ponder things like that). As we passed each other I noticed that she had stepped on a playing card - the queen of diamonds.

There were no other cards around and I've never seen a lone card on the ground like that - seemed like it was answering my question! So, with nothing else to go by I figure she is a hard-working and determined lady who keeps a tight, tidy household (and probably a beautiful garden too!).

Any thoughts on that? Or any similar experiences to share?
Deanne

**ps - not sure if this is in the right section. If not, mods feel free to move it :)

violetdaisy

So..is diamonds swords (air) or Pentacles (earth) in your experience? I tend to relate diamonds to swords in my dynamics...which would be a different take than yours. I have a bit of difficulty relating playing cards to tarot though. For me a q of d would be someone who knows her mind and Has a very intellectual concept on how to get from a to b.

starchaser1277

I have no thoughts about the card meaning. But I just wanted to say that I really love when things like this happen, I see it as a sign for people of our mindset to gain answers and clarity. Very cool experience for you!

Deanne

So..is diamonds swords (air) or Pentacles (earth) in your experience? I tend to relate diamonds to swords in my dynamics...which would be a different take than yours. I have a bit of difficulty relating playing cards to tarot though. For me a q of d would be someone who knows her mind and Has a very intellectual concept on how to get from a to b.

I relate diamonds to earth/Pentacles; to me spades is air/Swords. I'm totally open to other associations, but since I was thinking Pents when I saw the card that's how I'd interpret it.

I have no thoughts about the card meaning. But I just wanted to say that I really love when things like this happen, I see it as a sign for people of our mindset to gain answers and clarity. Very cool experience for you!

I thought it was really neat - I've never had something like that happen :) Hoping this wasn't my first and last experience of the sort!

SweetSiren

That's funny, I was listening to Desperado today and these lyrics really stood out to me for no apparent reason:
"Don't you draw the Queen of Diamonds, boy
She'll beat you if she's able
You know the Queen of Hearts is always your best bet"

The song is ultimately about not living life for cheap pleasures but for real experiences, to not be too proud to be vulnerable and to love. There's a line at the end that goes "You better let somebody love you before it's too late." Maybe it's something that she needs to hear... Or perhaps you. It's such a wonderful song, one of my favorites.