Is this person lying about their feelings?

Stu123

Hello,

So I've recently did a reading for someone. Their question was whether personA is lyong about their feelings for me.

Person A said they don't love person B, but perhaps B thinks it's an excuse.

I don't know all background to their story, but got these cards:

Is Person A lying about not loving person B?
8 of Swords, 5 of Wands, Page of Wands

My impression was that person A was going through a lot of tension and inner conflict. Both 8 of Swordd and 5 of Wands show this. So this is either because they really don't have the feelings, or because they are oppressing them. I feel like the Page of Wands is not a very mature one and tends to walk away from issues...so perhaps it really was an excuse in order not to have to deal with the relationship that wasn't working out?

Is it true person A doesn't and never has loved person B?
Queen of Cups, 6 of Wands, 9 of Pent

I know these questions are very similar, but I wanted to see things from different perspectives by asking 2 different questions and my querent was quite persistent. (i do have their permission to post it here though as they want more clear answers).

By this I feel like there was a lot of respect before. The Queen of Cups is admired, but seeing the 9 of Pent perhaps one of them was too independent. The 6 of Wands I often see as a work-orientated person who focused on their life and noone else. I'm confused by these cards because they look too positive. Maybe there was affection at the beginning, but it simply faded?

Stu123

From what I am getting from the cards and the person's behaviour, I sense a lot of withdrawaland stubborness - I think this is confirmed by the 8 of Swords. Maybe their jead is just programmed not to have feelings because that was the plan and there is a refusal for anything else. Alternatively, having feelings would make them feel pushed so they withdraw even more now.

DDwarks

Is A lying about not loving B?
8 Swords. 5 Wands. Page of Wands

It looks as if your friend is doing A's head in to me.
The Page of Wands at the end is him wanting to get on with things/ life/ projects but your friend is causing him a 8 of Swords type of situation. Like he doesn't know what to say or do to make it go away and therefore its creating conflict (5 Wands).
I don't think he's lying though. The quint is 13 Death. He's being harsh to make her stop doing whatever she's doing. That's not loving behaviour from him but self protection. He wants her to go away basically.

Is it true A doesn't and never has loved B?
Queen of Cups. 6 Wands. 9 Pentacles

I think it's true I'm sorry to say.
The Queen of Cups (him) has strong emotional needs and with the 6 of Wands looks like he got those granted. But ultimately, he's a 9 of Pentacles. He flies solo!
I think he loved the intimacy because he needed intimacy but it could have been with anybody else. Your friend just happened to be there and willing.

Harsh situation for your friend but yes, he's telling the truth.

headincloud

Well there's definitely conflict, petty arguments and frustration in the relationship or was at least, rather than trying to beg a yes or no answer why don't you simply ask what does he see in her then your answer won't be restricted to a yes or no and you'll be able to get an idea.

Stu123

Is A lying about not loving B?
8 Swords. 5 Wands. Page of Wands

It looks as if your friend is doing A's head in to me.
The Page of Wands at the end is him wanting to get on with things/ life/ projects but your friend is causing him a 8 of Swords type of situation. Like he doesn't know what to say or do to make it go away and therefore its creating conflict (5 Wands).
I don't think he's lying though. The quint is 13 Death. He's being harsh to make her stop doing whatever she's doing. That's not loving behaviour from him but self protection. He wants her to go away basically.

Is it true A doesn't and never has loved B?
Queen of Cups. 6 Wands. 9 Pentacles

I think it's true I'm sorry to say.
The Queen of Cups (him) has strong emotional needs and with the 6 of Wands looks like he got those granted. But ultimately, he's a 9 of Pentacles. He flies solo!
I think he loved the intimacy because he needed intimacy but it could have been with anybody else. Your friend just happened to be there and willing.

Harsh situation for your friend but yes, he's telling the truth.

Thanks for the input! I think this sounds accurate - perhaps she's understood his need for intimacy as a genuine interest. If you saw them being together though, I felt like he was interested before though...but now I understand that he's withdrawing to give her a harsh, but clear message.

He is definitely someone who likes to ride solo though, that's a spot on! What I don't understand is that the Queen of Cups is so emotional, so I'm struggling to see how there isn't love as I would always see her as that sort of card. Maybe this is more about the attention and the feeling or being admired than giving out love?

Stu123

Well there's definitely conflict, petty arguments and frustration in the relationship or was at least, rather than trying to beg a yes or no answer why don't you simply ask what does he see in her then your answer won't be restricted to a yes or no and you'll be able to get an idea.

Thanks for the tip! Yes there are arguments - she wanted to end it because she thought he was unhappy, bit he refused to communicate and at the end be exploded and now they have decided it's all over.

I'll do another reading soon for her then.

DDwarks

Thanks for the input! I think this sounds accurate - perhaps she's understood his need for intimacy as a genuine interest. If you saw them being together though, I felt like he was interested before though...but now I understand that he's withdrawing to give her a harsh, but clear message.

He is definitely someone who likes to ride solo though, that's a spot on! What I don't understand is that the Queen of Cups is so emotional, so I'm struggling to see how there isn't love as I would always see her as that sort of card. Maybe this is more about the attention and the feeling or being admired than giving out love?

The Queen of Cups is ill dignified against the 6 of Wands. Its Water/fire.
Its not love but need.

Stu123

The Queen of Cups is ill dignified against the 6 of Wands. Its Water/fire.
Its not love but need.

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you!