Journey into the unknown.......

Tigerangel

I've started this thread mainly as a sort of communal blog for anyone who wishes to share their experiences or advice of the journey into healing there soul either through energy,colour, aromatherapy, shamanic and reiki healings etc.

Hopefully this can be a place that either current or future members can gain some insight and knowledge into how they can go about healing there soul from the core, as we all have some type of traumatic experiences that we may experience at some point in our lives, the severity of that experience will differ from person to person and when traumatic experiences manifests in our lives it can affect us deep within our Souls core which can then manifest itself in our daily lives as physical or mental illness, which then needs to be treated by doctors and physiotherapists, but if we heal our soul aswell along with any other help that is needed, the chances of a complete recovery without any relapses we have a better chance of changing our lives for the better and leading our lives the way our spirit wants us too.

To start off I'll be sharing my experiences of my interest into shamanic healing that has become an interest from me over the last year and half.

I have always been able to have meditation experiences that connect me with animals, after experiencing my first group shamanic journey, I've released that I have always for a great many years been able to journey to the lower world for help and advice from animal guides and animal messengers.

However my experience of an upperworld journey was indeed a new experience and one that had instant effects in my life.

I attended my first group shamanic journeying class last week, and in my lower world journey nothing major happened in this journey, my Raven power animal came to me and took me for a fly over a green forest, when we reached the middle of the forest he left and all I experienced from that was seeing green and purple colours, which I do do see with short silent mediations, however in my own meditations the colours always spiral in and out of each other, but at the group class the pattern was erratic and spiking all over the place, after we where called back and given thanks to our power animal, I realised that I didn't gain much info from this lower world journey as I've always been able to access this world for many years without evening realising it, and what my Raven did was a sharing of energies for group healing.

My upperworld journey was a completely different story, here I gained alot of insight into what I need to do to heal my soul.

In the upperworld we go to meet either spiritual guides, ancestors or religious beings (gods/goddesses etc)
My experience was of meeting with Quan Yin, which to be honest was something I really did not expect as I have never really had and any connection to this goddess before now and she gave me a pink lotus flower took me to her pond which was very beautiful and told me when I need to release negative emotions or resentment from things from my past that I've to take a petal and and put these emotions into the petal then drop into her pond, during this experience I could feel myself waiting to start crying but I didn't.

After we gave thanks and returned from the journey my shamanic teacher said that I should also do this in the physical world aswell as in my meditations, so I plan on buying my favourite pink flowers and once the petals fall off I will place them in box along with a raw rose quartz crystal I have, then anytime I wish to physically release the negative emotions I can take a petal to the park that is close to me and drop into one of the 3 ponds that is in it.
Since the class I did do a return meditation to Quan Yins pond and took the petal full of my negative emotions and resentments and as I dropped into the pond a carp koi came up and grabbed the petal and took it under the water, the next day I felt alot more happier and more emotionally connected to my partner than I have done in a very long time.

So since my group journeying experience from last week I have felt a more positive attitude about myself and my future and what I need to do to really heal myself.

I have also since the class did a solo shamanic journey where I wanted to know what steps I need to take now, and what is my lineage of Ancestral descendents.

In the lowerworld journey I meet a stag who had 3 young deer (fawns), who keep looking to him for attention and the message I received was it's time to look after yourself, your children can look after themselves now.
I do indeed have 3 children, and that following day I was taking a letter up to daughter aswell as doing a few other bits n bobs that day, but the interesting part is how many times I seen an image of a stag that day, while I was walking with my partner into town to get a bite to eat a man past me wearing a shirt that was completely covered with images of stags, then on our why back home I seen at least 4 pictures of stags in shop windows.
(ETA) I've just seen a programme today that had a large willow weaved stag, I'm really starting to feel stag wants it's presence to be strongly felt.

When I did this journey I used my pair of moqui marbles the smooth one represent female energies and the rough stone the male energies, so I'm also taking this as a sign of me needing to acknowledge my masculine energies within myself as the stag had shown up and not a female deer.

With my upperworld journey to find my lineage I seen a Spanish dancer (female) and an eastern solider, he had a metal helmet on with a long red tassle going out the top (male), I'm not sure if he was Japanese or Chinese though my instincts are saying Japanese, as I have always had an interest so much so that a few years back I took up practicing kendo and reading about the ways of the samurai.
I also have two kanji tattoos on my shoulder blades representing my Tiger and Raven power animal, my Tiger has been my lifelong companion, Raven came to me after I left my physically abusive relationship of 17 year's.

I then found an article that states that it is very possible for alot of Celtic/Scottish bloodlines to have been descended from Spanish and eastern bloodlines.

So that has been some of my experiences into the unknown journey of my healing of my soul.
I will come back when I have anything new to add about my soul healing journey.

Please feel free to share your experiences also of how you have started to heal your own soul and also if your wanting to start along that soul healing path.

celticnoodle

T.A., what a LOVELY post and a wonderful idea! I loved reading through your experiences here and find it encouraging for myself too. I've been so busy with outside things lately and finding it increasingly difficult for some reason to meditate like I use to. Its very frustrating to me as well--and interestingly enough, when I've had psychic readings and card readings both here on A.T. and outside of A.T. I am told it is because I am finding myself at a crossroads and about to walk through a new door - but trying to decide WHICH door.

When I do find the time to meditate, I sometimes feel like my guides have abandoned me, because I don't really connect with them like I had been. But, I know this isn't so--as your guides will not abandon you ever. I will see them, but they seem so far off from me as compared to before. I think a lot of it is that this is something I have to do. They've led me this far and now I have to make a decision that only I can make. But, I'm not sure what that *decision* even is. You know? I have some ideas--but I'm not sure really. Its all rather confusing.

At any rate, reading of your experiences here, is encouraging to me. I will do my best to continue meditations and do my best to not get frustrated before, during and after. I feel this is a BIG deal for me--and that door will really open me up to wonderful blessings for my future.

Your experience with Quan Yin was specifically interesting to me, because years ago, I had a wonderful and enlightening shaman working with me, who saw Kuan Yin (this is how the Shaman spelled her name for me) around me. I honestly had never heard of Kuan Yin before this shaman told me about her. The shaman later gave me a beautiful little card with a drawing of Kuan Yin on the front and a description of her on the back as a gift to keep. I've always kept it on my bed table along with a few crystals and my rosary too. The shaman also told me she was like the Blessed Mother--whom I really connect to-so I have since been able to feel a sort of kin ship to Kuan Yin too.

Perhaps reading your post here is something I was definitely meant to do--and I was lead to this for a reason. I am going to do a meditation later today to Kuan Yin myself I think. I know she, like the B.M. is a goddess with incredible compassion for others and spreads love to all. I think I need to do this meditation.

I have also since the class did a solo shamanic journey where I wanted to know what steps I need to take now, and what is my lineage of Ancestral descendents.
Now THIS! really intrigues me. I loved how you met a stag and 3 young fawns and how in life you have 3 children. Your full experiences with the stag are very interesting. I do believe the stag must be with you and is there to give you strength and also the ability to be compassionate and loving to your family. Did you look up the gifts that stags often offer? I am sure strength must be one of them, as this is how I see them symbolically and feel they are often portrayed. They are also very compassionate animals, specifically with their young.

I do hope you are able to confirm somehow your image of the Spanish dancer and eastern soldier. That would really be wonderful!

I look forward to reading more of your experiences here and I will definitely come back to share anything I have to share. Thank you for the invite and I hope others will also share their experiences. Its very helpful and motivating to read of others experiences. It certainly has me ready to go again. Thank you!

Tigerangel

@CN

Thanks for your reply and sharing your experiences, I think we all have times when we drift away from the spiritual side of ourselves, and I'm sure it is all part of a greater plan to give us more strength.

When I'm not feeling up to long meditations I always try to at least doing a 5 or 10 minute mediation just repeating an affirmation or mantra for the 5 or 10 mins just to keep my mind connected to some form of meditive state, I've actually got quite used to doing it on the bus to work now.

I found of these key associations for stag

Nobility, Pride, Dignity, Royalty, Moon Magic, Faerie Realm, Alternate Dimensions, Fantasy, Dreams, Grounding, Journeying, Beginnings, Transitions, Fertility, Sexual Vitality.

They may be helpful for anyone else who is looking for stags meanings

Stag is a yang/masculine energy, where as deer is the Yin/female energy and deals more with the love and compassion, nurturing meanings.
I just remembered that I have had deer show up for me in the past, so it does feel like I have to much female energy and stag has shown up because I need to have more masculine energy so I can have a proper balance between the male/female energies.

I did find a a picture online of an imperial Korean guard that looked similar to my vision, but other than that I can't really find anything solid out about it.

With the dancer, I'm thinking it may be more a gypsy dancer, but the dress was similar to Spanish dancers, as I do know for a fact that I'm related to the Boswell Gypsy line as my uncle did some research into our family tree before he passed away but he never got to finish his research.

I don't why I keep spelling Kuan Yin with a Q, as the goddess card I have for her is with a K and when I read anything online it's normally with K, think my mind goes into sound spelling mode lol.

I got my flowers today and set up my jar with a charged and programmed rose quartz to Kuan Yins energy, so once I've filled it with some petals I can take them to the pond to let go of my negative emotions.

Just a little suggestion for you about the decision/choices you feel you need to make, as your feeling abit disconnected from meditive state of mind, when you feel you have 15 or 20 mins spare.
Try an upperworld journey and ask for advice on what is the most beneficial choices or decisions you can make for your higerself and family.

Don't force anything if you don't feel you received anything useful, just try again the next time you feel in the mood and have spare time for a mediation.

And hopefully it can help build your connection back with your guides so you feel closer to them again.

celticnoodle

Just a little suggestion for you about the decision/choices you feel you need to make, as your feeling abit disconnected from meditive state of mind, when you feel you have 15 or 20 mins spare.
Try an upperworld journey and ask for advice on what is the most beneficial choices or decisions you can make for your higerself and family.
oh, good idea, thank you!

Don't force anything if you don't feel you received anything useful, just try again the next time you feel in the mood and have spare time for a mediation.

And hopefully it can help build your connection back with your guides so you feel closer to them again.

I did meditate today--(besides my rosary meditation. I also did a 'quiet' meditation) but I ended up falling asleep! :laugh: that sometimes happens, but I surely didn't expect it to. The phone woke me up. I don't really recall anything coming to me at all though-so perhaps I fell asleep really quickly into the meditation. I'll try again maybe tomorrow.

Tigerangel

oh, good idea, thank you!

I did meditate today--(besides my rosary meditation. I also did a 'quiet' meditation) but I ended up falling asleep! :laugh: that sometimes happens, but I surely didn't expect it to. The phone woke me up. I don't really recall anything coming to me at all though-so perhaps I fell asleep really quickly into the meditation. I'll try again maybe tomorrow.

I tend to always sit up in a mediation so I don't fall asleep, I never remember if I fall asleep lol.

Got another class on Wednesday when we will mainly be working on our Chakras, also found out they do reiki level 1 courses, so once I can afford that I'm going book the course.

Hope your having more success with your mediations today and your feeling ok.

Emma313

Some Wow posts here
I just wanted to say in every day life when yu get frazzled or stressed ive learnt to nip it in the bud and return to a peace centre within, not always instant,but its half hatched enough to work when I decide is not worth it

Just my small 2 cents

celticnoodle

Some Wow posts here
I just wanted to say in every day life when yu get frazzled or stressed ive learnt to nip it in the bud and return to a peace centre within, not always instant,but its half hatched enough to work when I decide is not worth it

Just my small 2 cents

Emma your "small 2 cents" is actually more like a million dollar/or priceless good advice! This is very, very true!

I am currently reading a book titled "Full Living Catastrophe" by Jon Kabat-Zinn. This book is actually all about doing just as you say above. It gives specific meditations to do to help train yourself into doing just this too. It was done as a study at a major hospital in MA in the USA--to see if and how its effects would work on people with major medical issues. The results were astounding!

So, anyway, I'm reading this book myself and was told by a member here in A.T. that there is a free course on this also available online. I haven't yet begun the free course, as I've been so busy--but I do hope to start it in July--once all my classes are done for the summer.

If you are interested in this book yourself--I have since also found where you can download it for free onto your computer. Of course--I didn't know this till long after I already bought it! :laugh: But, thats okay too--as it was well worth its money to me! :D

Tigerangel

Some Wow posts here

Just my small 2 cents

Thanks for your reply Emma, everyones advice is of a value to someone somewhere and although you think it's just your 2 cents it's someone else's priceless little gem of information.

I know what you mean, I just recently started not to let things get me all in a tizzy, especially when everything is going all wrong all around me, I walk away and just do some breathing exercises...count to 10 and go back and handle what ever the stressful situation is.

Decided getting stressed and frazzled really doesn't help sort anything, tends just to escalate any stressful situations.

Tigerangel

When things just seem to fall into place

This post is about my negative view I have with money, since childhood we where never rolling in it, my mum and dad had some hard times just to make the rent and put food on the table.

I've found throughout my life I seem to have given myself a dislike to money, because when I do have spare cash it never lasts long then I'm back in that mode of scraping the bottom of the barrell to pay the rent and food on the table, almost like the past is repeating itself.

So it's time to change that and improve my attitude towards money, I did some soul searching and mediation and yesterday on my way to work a crows feather was in my walking path, this will be my second feather I have found this way, I always feel it's my spirit animals way of telling me their listening.

In one of my meditations I kept seeing a cross shaped crystal grid and circular pulses keep pulsating outwards from the centre, I know about crystal grids but I have never used one, so I did some online research to see how they work, and I came upon this story online where this person painted a picture of a flower layout that was to be used for the crystals to be placed on, she started with writing words for what the grid was for and wrote them in the colour that was most relevant to what the grids intention was, she then picked some more paint colours and the end result was a lovely painting with a petal layout for the crystal positions.
I thought this is a great idea and something I think I would like to do with a crystal grid.

my shamanic teacher has also let me have a discounted rate for the classes so I can attend every week as she knows about my financial situation, so although I'm not quite there yet, I'm feeling I'm being led into the right direction to help me start to work on my negative view I have with money.

I really feel all these things are the result of a greater divine plan synching together.

If anyone wants to post anything specifically about crystals and grids you can post on this thread http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=234922 as this thread is more for people's personal experiences and results on their spiritual and healing paths.

celticnoodle

T.A. it does indeed sound like you have met the right teacher for yourself and that you are also learning about how to understand and not be so negative with the dollar.

I also grew up in a poor family as did my husband. We both can understand where you are coming from and when our daughter was born and for years afterwards, life was really rough and very little money was to be had. So, I so understand what you experienced. However, growing up that way also made us strong (and, I suspect you too!). My husband had a boss that once told us, "That which does not kill you makes you stronger" and that is so true!

So, kudos to you for recognizing you need to get past being negative about money.
Kudos to you for seeing the signs your guides and power animals are bring your way.
and Kudos to you for taking these classes and sharing your experiences /us here. I am sure it is helping many of us here who read through it.
And, Kudos to your shaman teacher. A very lovely person to reach out and help you the way she/he is.