Justice + Death + Seven of Wands: Work

TarotNewbie1

So, I will be starting a new job soon. I asked the cards how will my work environment be like? I used the RW deck and I don't read with reversals and received: Justice + Death + Seven of Wands. This doesn't seem like a friendly work environment. Is this saying that my work environment will not (death) be fair (justice) and I will have to fight to keep my job (seven of wands)? Seeing the Death card scared me. So, I asked how long will I stay at this new job and received Seven of Wands again. As timing Seven of Wands could be 7 days, 7 weeks, or until Mid August. But my first instinctual reaction was I could stay as long as I want as long as I stand my ground. Sounds like a competitive environment. What do you guys think?

azucena.alev

The Justice (11), Death (13), and Seven of Wands.

I'd read that as the environment is going to be difficult for you, but not that it's bad. The Justice card first suggests unbiased opinions, but it appears that it's going to force you to have to work really hard, because you won't be able to make a good impression with charm alone. This relates to the Seven of Wands, which is the feeling that you've got to fight to keep your place.

All of this together seems like a message that the way you need to view this job is from the perspective of "get the best work possible" and make sure that it's known that you are working hard. But don't over-complicate things by misinterpreting a coworker (or even boss) as being "against you" (even if they aren't so great at sending signals). And the time indicator I see as less of a number and more of a reiteration that you'll have the job as long as you work hard, but don't pursue a heavily competitive mindset.

(And the Death card is more of a "nudge nudge" that you may have a bad few days due to getting used to how things operate at the job, but take each interaction as a valuable lesson.)

What are your thoughts? I'd be interested in seeing how the job turns out :)

@rtemouri

So, I will be starting a new job soon. I asked the cards how will my work environment be like? I used the RW deck and I don't read with reversals and received: Justice + Death + Seven of Wands. This doesn't seem like a friendly work environment. Is this saying that my work environment will not (death) be fair (justice) and I will have to fight to keep my job (seven of wands)? Seeing the Death card scared me. So, I asked how long will I stay at this new job and received Seven of Wands again. As timing Seven of Wands could be 7 days, 7 weeks, or until Mid August. But my first instinctual reaction was I could stay as long as I want as long as I stand my ground. Sounds like a competitive environment. What do you guys think?
It might be a balanced environment (justice).the death can indicate the end of this phase in your life,the transition (its a new job) and this transition might be challenging(7 of wands).

TarotNewbie1

I'd read that as the environment is going to be difficult for you, but not that it's bad. The Justice card first suggests unbiased opinions, but it appears that it's going to force you to have to work really hard, because you won't be able to make a good impression with charm alone. This relates to the Seven of Wands, which is the feeling that you've got to fight to keep your place.

All of this together seems like a message that the way you need to view this job is from the perspective of "get the best work possible" and make sure that it's known that you are working hard. But don't over-complicate things by misinterpreting a coworker (or even boss) as being "against you" (even if they aren't so great at sending signals). And the time indicator I see as less of a number and more of a reiteration that you'll have the job as long as you work hard, but don't pursue a heavily competitive mindset.

(And the Death card is more of a "nudge nudge" that you may have a bad few days due to getting used to how things operate at the job, but take each interaction as a valuable lesson.)

Absolutely, the environment will be difficult for sure bc the job has a high level of responsibility and I was offered the job even though I don't have that much experience in the area compared to everyone else. So, it's only natural that I will have to work harder bc I have a lot to learn and I'm new. And there isn't job training so I'd have to learn things on the fly and just go out there and do it. It certainly makes me anxious but it's a great opportunity. Given that I'd be anxious I can totally see what you mean by advising me not to misinterprete my coworkers or boss. And yes, I agree no level of charm alone is going to make this a lasting position. Such great tips and advice for this specific situation. Thank you so much. I'll def update this thread and let you all know how the environment pans out.

TarotNewbie1

It might be a balanced environment (justice).the death can indicate the end of this phase in your life,the transition (its a new job) and this transition might be challenging(7 of wands).

Definitely, I agree. Change is never easy. But I'd have to really embrace it. If I can handle the challenge the reward will be that I will develop a very important skill that will be useful and valuable in my career. And this job will be a game changer. This work experience will enhance my career opportunities. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Artemis8

justice, death, 7oW

I see Justice as you need to make a "big" decision, one with aspects of, "is it right? Is it fair?" (Possibly, keeping your old job vs. new). Alternatively, someone will be fair to "you"...it's a good card with the implied admonishment to "do the right thing".

Death, something's going to come to a (necessary, rightful) end. Your old job??

I have personally found the 7oW in practice to mean "standing on higher ground". That can be moral, or the higher ground of success. It can also refer to competition...you're a head above, but others are ready to push you off the pinnacle if you don't stay sharp.

I'd say cautiously that this is a positive for the change, but there is some kind of implied "stay on higher ground" thing going on here, however it applies. Seven of Wands implies to me you do. Just watch the competition and challengers.

azucena.alev

Absolutely, the environment will be difficult for sure bc the job has a high level of responsibility and I was offered the job even though I don't have that much experience in the area compared to everyone else. So, it's only natural that I will have to work harder bc I have a lot to learn and I'm new. And there isn't job training so I'd have to learn things on the fly and just go out there and do it. It certainly makes me anxious but it's a great opportunity. Given that I'd be anxious I can totally see what you mean by advising me not to misinterprete my coworkers or boss. And yes, I agree no level of charm alone is going to make this a lasting position. Such great tips and advice for this specific situation. Thank you so much. I'll def update this thread and let you all know how the environment pans out.

No problem! I'm glad it made sense and I'm happy to have helped :) It'll be super neat to see how it ends up, so I look forward to your update.

(Oh, and Good Luck!!!)

TarotNewbie1

I see Justice as you need to make a "big" decision, one with aspects of, "is it right? Is it fair?" (Possibly, keeping your old job vs. new). Alternatively, someone will be fair to "you"...it's a good card with the implied admonishment to "do the right thing".

Death, something's going to come to a (necessary, rightful) end. Your old job??

I have personally found the 7oW in practice to mean "standing on higher ground". That can be moral, or the higher ground of success. It can also refer to competition...you're a head above, but others are ready to push you off the pinnacle if you don't stay sharp.

I'd say cautiously that this is a positive for the change, but there is some kind of implied "stay on higher ground" thing going on here, however it applies. Seven of Wands implies to me you do. Just watch the competition and challengers.

The position does require following laws and making serious decisions and arguments for my clients.

Hmm someone will be fair to me, I like the sound of that šŸ˜Š.

Regarding my old job vs new job, the decision has already been made. I already resigned and I have accepted this new position. But def at the time of making the decision I was confused which work option would be right for me.

Yes, I see competition as well. Come to think of it...it's the nature of the job requirement bc I'm defending my clients. So, it's adversarial and there certainly will be challengers. I just hope my office environment isn't that way. I hope it's more like a team. Thanks for your input.

TarotNewbie1

No problem! I'm glad it made sense and I'm happy to have helped :) It'll be super neat to see how it ends up, so I look forward to your update.

(Oh, and Good Luck!!!)

Thank you! šŸ˜Š

TarotNewbie1

So as an update I just wanted to say you reading ended up being so accurate, especially this statement "But don't over-complicate things by misinterpreting a coworker (or even boss) as being "against you" (even if they aren't so great at sending signals)." Overall I can say the environment is very difficult and challenging.