key word tarot card grid

nexyjo

while i don't encourage the use of "keywords" for tarot cards as a general rule, i do find them to be helpful on occasion. a while back, i put together a grid which i posted on my website. i didn't link to it though, because some of the publishers of the individual decks could see it as copyright infringement - hardly likely, but never the less possible. anyway, i added the lwb meanings from the tarot of the cloisters because i thought some were quite different from the traditional meanings, and offered a new perspective on a few of the cards. for those that are interested, here's the link:

http://hometown.aol.com/nexyjo/spirit/tarotgrd.htm

i keep a printout of this in my tarot journal for a quick reference, and if you'd like, you may certainly do the same. you didn't get it from me though...
luv and light,
nexy

truthsayer

thanks, nexy. i think that's a great idea and printed it out. it sounds like a good idea to do to really get definitions narrowed down in your mind. then you can add whatever comes up during the reading.

Apona

Keyword grids can be useful to glance at if you draw a blank on what a card means. It refreshs your memory.

tarotbear

A woman named Denelder has a website that moved to GeoCities under 'Church of Tarot'. She had a excellent 'grid' of keywords there.

There is a book on Tarot Keywords in Llewellyn; however, I have it's companion book on spreads, and it is the most boring, dry book! I would only recommend it to insomniacs! I never bothered to explore her concept of keywords due to that fact.

EveAnna

Thanks for posting this nexyjo,

I've just printed it out to be added to my growing pile of 'Tarot Tips' :)

Satori

Quote:nexyjo (20 Aug, 2001 00:23):
while i don't encourage the use of "keywords" for tarot cards as a general rule, i do find them to be helpful on occasion. a while back, i put together a grid
luv and light,
nexy

Hi Nexy Thanks for the grid. I'm studying online with Joan Bunning and love finding stuff like this for my tarot notebook.
Appreciate the work!

MeeWah

Nexy: A superb contribution! Bless you & thank you for sharing :)

bonadea

Nexyjo,
You're a genius. Thank you so much for sharing. Like others, I'm taking the BNU course and need all the help I can get. :)

nexyjo

you're quite welcome.
actually, i found putting the grid together more of a help that actually using it. i guess it forces me to concentrate on the meanings because i have to type them. but as i said, i do occasionally refer to them, especially when i draw a blank.
luv and light,
nexy

Jimilyn

Thanks for sharing, Nexy. :) I've printed out a copy, but I didn't get it from you. ;)

Hi, elf!!! Whazzup? Catcha later!

Jimilyn