Law of Attraction - Lack

G6

I do believe that positivity will attract more positivity; however, positivity is not the same thing as success, or even happiness. I think of it more as being about hope: When you choose to see the good in an otherwise hard life, that's being positive, and in so doing you also acknowledge that more good is yet to come; you know this because there's already plenty right here, right now, if you look for it. Positivity is a candle that doesn't dispel the darkness, but gives you a little extra light by which to navigate it--and it's a promise that you can always light that candle whenever you want.

So to me, being positive isn't about attracting good things, and I don't think positivity is even capable of that. As you point out, plenty of positive people are suffering and plenty of negative people are living it up. However, it can make your world a little brighter, and hopefully enable you to help light other people's candles. In return, they light yours again, and it keeps going round. In that way, I do think that being positive will attract both a more positive (or accepting, even if not happy) outlook and more positive people.

I guess in terms of prosperity the idea of positivity comes down to self-worth. To use the same example the good person that is broke doesn't believe they deserve wealth. The bad person that is rich believes they deserve wealth. Again, I don't know that I buy a lot of these prosperity principles. I just don't think you can attribute low self-esteem to why things don't work out as one would like.

Falcor

I guess in terms of prosperity the idea of positivity comes down to self-worth. To use the same example the good person that is broke doesn't believe they deserve wealth. The bad person that is rich believes they deserve wealth. Again, I don't know that I buy a lot of these prosperity principles. I just don't think you can attribute low self-esteem to why things don't work out as one would like.

Actually it does.

Self esteem level=self program.

Imagine our mind as a computer. It works with the programs we download on it. If there is a program saying A, all i will do will be A. It won't be able to do G, for example.

So the same with our self esteem, if it's low it most probably will narrow our vision of options and possible reactions to life situations.

Moonpaw

I don't agree that being positive is about self-worth. I'm more inclined to see it as finding the worth in the environment, people, and circumstances around you, although self-worth could be incorporated into that worldview, certainly.

While I believe that a person's self-esteem can have an effect on whether or not that person ends up being successful, I definitely don't think it's the only or even the most important factor. Lots of people believe that they deserve success and don't get it anyway--there are too many other factors weighing against them. Positivity in this situation to me would be more about redefining one's definition of success or accepting that meeting the standard of success isn't required to live a full, happy life. When you choose that outlook, you don't attract more prosperity, but you do learn to be more content with what you have--and that will lead to more contentment and positive life experiences overall, I believe.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't believe in the Law of Attraction if it means you get to manifest literally whatever you want just by wanting it hard enough. But I do think that "like attracts like" is generally true: If you already have something, you are likely to generate more. Success creates more success, and positivity creates more positivity. I just don't think that positivty will somehow create more success, or that success will somehow create more positivity; the two are inherently different.

GotH

Seems most agree the law of attraction works in tandem with action whether it's direct action like applying for jobs or more of what you are talking about, which is self work that needs to be done. Can you talk more about self work or reprogramming actions?
I believe you can manifest material things or experiences through the LoA.

Yes, a lot of people say you must do your part which is true but the cool thing about the law is that even if you don't do your part, it's still the law to bring something to you as close to what it is you are desiring.

For example, say I wanted to go on a summer vacation to Alaska but I don't have a dime in the budget for it and I'm not doing anything to make it happen. There are things I could be doing to help manifest my desire along like doing my best to save up money, looking up travel sites or even talking to my friend that has been there for advice on inexpensive places to stay at. But if I do nothing but just send out the intention things will begin to come to me like travel brochures to Alaska in the mail or I'll see commercials of a cruise ship on the Pacific. These are confirmations that source is trying to help me achieve a desire. If I do nothing to help it along, I'll eventually end up with a book about someone's vacation memoires of Alaska in my hands that I never expected and source will consider it delivered.

We also need to keep in mind that source will only send out to you what is best for the good of all so sometimes we don't get exactly what we want. When I first began practicing the law, I sent out an intention for more romance in my life. I was at a point where I had no energy to go out and meet people and I never wanted to leave my home so I was doing nothing to help the process along. Then one day a family member who had no idea what I was hoping for gave me some perfume as a gift. It was a bottle of ROMANCE by Ralph Lauren. :| Source delivered and that was the end of it. :laugh:

Now as far as self work goes. I think a big step in the right direction is based on gratitude. Appreciating the good things in your life and not focusing on those that are not so good will help you align your vibrations to your desires.

"Why gratitude? Nothing raises your vibration faster than the energy of gratitude. As you find things in your experience to appreciate, you discover more things to appreciate and it continues to snowball. The more you’re thankful, the more you feel good." ................ "We consistently beat the drum of the things we don’t like and don’t want in our lives and all we’re doing is holding the negative in our vibration, to which the Law of Attraction obediently reacts and draws to us more negative…whether we want it or not."

This is the key but like I said, it can be rather tricky..

Quoted text came from link below.

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/how-to-align-your-vibration-to-your-desires

DDwarks

The Law of attraction isn't about positive thoughts. It's about like attracting like.
You can be positive and positively want X but what you'll get is more of wanting X.

Like attracting like. Ask for a "want" you'll get a "want".

If you're trying to attract something into your life using LoA you need to feel like you already have it and be grateful that it's already with you or on its way for sure.

G6

I believe you can manifest material things or experiences through the LoA.

Yes, a lot of people say you must do your part which is true but the cool thing about the law is that even if you don't do your part, it's still the law to bring something to you as close to what it is you are desiring.

For example, say I wanted to go on a summer vacation to Alaska but I don't have a dime in the budget for it and I'm not doing anything to make it happen. There are things I could be doing to help manifest my desire along like doing my best to save up money, looking up travel sites or even talking to my friend that has been there for advice on inexpensive places to stay at. But if I do nothing but just send out the intention things will begin to come to me like travel brochures to Alaska in the mail or I'll see commercials of a cruise ship on the Pacific. These are confirmations that source is trying to help me achieve a desire. If I do nothing to help it along, I'll eventually end up with a book about someone's vacation memoires of Alaska in my hands that I never expected and source will consider it delivered.

We also need to keep in mind that source will only send out to you what is best for the good of all so sometimes we don't get exactly what we want. When I first began practicing the law, I sent out an intention for more romance in my life. I was at a point where I had no energy to go out and meet people and I never wanted to leave my home so I was doing nothing to help the process along. Then one day a family member who had no idea what I was hoping for gave me some perfume as a gift. It was a bottle of ROMANCE by Ralph Lauren. :| Source delivered and that was the end of it. :laugh:

Now as far as self work goes. I think a big step in the right direction is based on gratitude. Appreciating the good things in your life and not focusing on those that are not so good will help you align your vibrations to your desires.

"Why gratitude? Nothing raises your vibration faster than the energy of gratitude. As you find things in your experience to appreciate, you discover more things to appreciate and it continues to snowball. The more you’re thankful, the more you feel good." ................ "We consistently beat the drum of the things we don’t like and don’t want in our lives and all we’re doing is holding the negative in our vibration, to which the Law of Attraction obediently reacts and draws to us more negative…whether we want it or not."

This is the key but like I said, it can be rather tricky..

Quoted text came from link below.

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/how-to-align-your-vibration-to-your-desires

So in your experience if you take no action a desire will manifest in a minimal way. Interesting.

Also, a friend explained it like this that the universe looks down at So and so and says, "So and so seems so unhappy all the time. Guess we'll send So and so more unhappiness."

G6

The Law of attraction isn't about positive thoughts. It's about like attracting like.
You can be positive and positively want X but what you'll get is more of wanting X.

Like attracting like. Ask for a "want" you'll get a "want".

If you're trying to attract something into your life using LoA you need to feel like you already have it and be grateful that it's already with you or on its way for sure.

Have you used this technique of visualizing you already have what you want?

G6

I don't agree that being positive is about self-worth. I'm more inclined to see it as finding the worth in the environment, people, and circumstances around you, although self-worth could be incorporated into that worldview, certainly.

While I believe that a person's self-esteem can have an effect on whether or not that person ends up being successful, I definitely don't think it's the only or even the most important factor. Lots of people believe that they deserve success and don't get it anyway--there are too many other factors weighing against them. Positivity in this situation to me would be more about redefining one's definition of success or accepting that meeting the standard of success isn't required to live a full, happy life. When you choose that outlook, you don't attract more prosperity, but you do learn to be more content with what you have--and that will lead to more contentment and positive life experiences overall, I believe.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't believe in the Law of Attraction if it means you get to manifest literally whatever you want just by wanting it hard enough. But I do think that "like attracts like" is generally true: If you already have something, you are likely to generate more. Success creates more success, and positivity creates more positivity. I just don't think that positivty will somehow create more success, or that success will somehow create more positivity; the two are inherently different.

The success of "failure" or being happy with what you have is another way around this; change your perspective instead of the circumstances. I agree on your other points that people in "lack" (without the prosperity they desire) are not there because they are pessimistic or suffer from low self-esteem necessarily. There are many variables involved that would be difficult for anyone to control. I guess that's another interesting angle of this whether or not you believe people are fully in control of their destiny?

G6

I absolutely don't believe in the Law of Attraction. Not even a teeny bit.

I think positivity is good for you. That's as far as I go.

Cut and dry. Good. 👍🏻

RiverRunsDeep

Also, a friend explained it like this that the universe looks down at So and so and says, "So and so seems so unhappy all the time. Guess we'll send So and so more unhappiness."

When you put it this way, it does sound kind of ridiculous, doesn't it? :D IMHO, it is not the universe which is providing the happiness or unhappiness. Rather, it is our own perception of what the universe is providing based on our own positive or negative mindset. When we have a positive state of mind, we are more likely to see the gifts, options, and opportunities that surround us. When we are in a negative mindset, we tend to be blind to all the good stuff.

I just don't think you can attribute low self-esteem to why things don't work out as one would like.

I don't believe self-esteem is the only reason, but I do think it is a major player. It goes back to what Falcor mentioned, about needing action in addition to thought. I think people with low self-esteem are less likely to take the necessary actions to get themselves out of whatever rut they are in.

Have you used this technique of visualizing you already have what you want?

I am guilty of reading "The Secret", so I have tried this technique. Specifically, I was looking for a new rental property for my massage business, and there was a particular office in town that always attracted me. It was the perfect location, perfect size, perfect everything, and I began visualizing myself as the renter of that property. Random coincidence? Not sure. I will say that I did take the necessary actions in addition to the thoughts, checking often with realtors/websites/rental listings. In any case, I am now the proud renter of that lovely office. :)