learning to read clairvoyantly...

spinnachie

Hello everyone

I have recently been hankering to try clairvoyant readings, however I've never done any before and was wondering if anyone could offer some tips or perhaps maybe point me in the right direction...

I know meditation is a big part of it, but how do you actually do it? ;)

Any help would be really appreciated...

WolfSwan

I normally make sure I am very well grounded, before doing a white light protection. Then I call my guides and the guides of the person I'm wading. Because I do Reiki I use one of the symbols to connect with the person, then I just clear my mind and see what comes up. In the case of a medical intuitive read, I scan the body from top to bottom at the front and then the back. If it's a chakra reading, I will either work Foot to Crown or the other way around. If it's a spiritual read, or for advice I see what comes up and I politely ask the persons guides some questions. I write everything down, even the things that feel weird and send it to the person. You never know what will resonate with someone even if it feels weird to you.

If you want I'm happy to exchange a couple of practice rounds with you? Also, go with the first thing that comes to you, when you second guess that's your intellect interfering with intuition. Allow colours, images, voices/words, sounds whatever is coming. Don't question anything but if the message isn't clear you can also ask the guides to clarify?

Saskia

I have recently been hankering to try clairvoyant readings, however I've never done any before and was wondering if anyone could offer some tips or perhaps maybe point me in the right direction...

I know meditation is a big part of it, but how do you actually do it? ;)

Any help would be really appreciated...

I've recently discovered this too. My main tips are:

Find a quiet spot in your house and preferably try this in the morning before all the hassle of the day. I've found that when you've woken up, your mind is still closer to the dreaming state and more receptive to images, and you're not overburdened by the mundane chores etc. of the day.

Sit down, close your eyes and try to not think anything. Just let your mind be. Whatever thought or image, no matter how faint, appears - let it come and "watch" it.

I don't see as clear images as in a dream, but I do get hunches, physical sensations (warmth, sounds, smells) and "see" a "video" with my minds eye. It's difficult to explain because it's not as clear as a full-on (lucid) dream but it's clear enough to pick the message.

The main thing is to trust what comes and simply observe. Don't try to guess whether the image is relevant, or whether it's "correct". And try not to direct the images, just sit and watch. Don't try to guess where the story will go! ;)

I usually watch for maybe 30 -60 seconds, after which I write it down. I find this method to work because it allows me to just sit and observe without thinking or trying to memorise or analyse, and I can still remember the images to write them down and start analysing.

Don't be put off if you don't get anything sensible. I get symbolical stuff 99% of the times - people in historical dresses and in all sorts of landscapes, and I interpret it later. It does't have to be photography quality accuracy to be meaningful, so even if you read about contemporary matters and see dragons, take it, it's a symbolical message :D

It helps to be acquainted with symbols, folklore and legends in general to fine tune your intuition and "vocabulary". I'm an art historian and it helps me a lot with seeing and understanding messages. But you can build your own meanings, too.

If you find clairvoyancy difficult to start with, try cloud scrying. Just let your mind see patterns, images and symbols to get into the practice of letting your intuition direct your mind rather than the other way around. Don't disregard anything as silly, just keep watching and imagining!

Saskia

I forgot to add that to read for others, I first ask myself: what is going on with person X (or whatever question they asked) to direct my thoughts to the person and the question. If I read for myself, I say something like "show me what's going on / what I need to know" and then just sit and watch quietly. Note, at first it will feel that nothing will happen, so don't fret, just sit, even if it takes up to 10 minutes to quieten your rational mind and your own "why's nothing coming" questions ;) !

Saskia

Sorry I'm flooding your spread but I'm just so excited about this topic!

One more thing, just like WolfSwan said: don't try to guess whether something is relevant, just see or sense it and write it down. The person you're reading for might see the meaning even if you don't. And you might figure it later, if it's for you.

I did a reading this morning for myself and saw an object I can't recognise (sort of a bracelet-sized bronze ring with a bronze flower on it, very heavy and sturdy) and it was important in the vision - I was cradling or nurturing it - but I don't have a clue what it means. I'll just sit on that and will (hopefully) figure it later. So the things you see might not be clear or ordinary objects or items, but observe and write them down anyway.

EvMaeve

This is something I'm interested in, too. I've been reading tarot for years, but rely heavily on the cards. While I've had plenty of random intuitive hits and psychic moments in my life, I don't see myself as a psychic or clairvoyant. I'd love to try tuning in without the cards to fall back on. Would anyone like to trade brief readings for practice?

CosmicBeing

This is something I'm interested in, too. I've been reading tarot for years, but rely heavily on the cards. While I've had plenty of random intuitive hits and psychic moments in my life, I don't see myself as a psychic or clairvoyant. I'd love to try tuning in without the cards to fall back on. Would anyone like to trade brief readings for practice?

I need to practice more...One way is ribbon or flowers....You sit and visualize a ribbon of a certain color or a flower of a certain color.. and that will be a way to build a clairvoyant reading up.

spinnachie

I normally make sure I am very well grounded, before doing a white light protection. Then I call my guides and the guides of the person I'm wading. Because I do Reiki I use one of the symbols to connect with the person, then I just clear my mind and see what comes up. In the case of a medical intuitive read, I scan the body from top to bottom at the front and then the back. If it's a chakra reading, I will either work Foot to Crown or the other way around. If it's a spiritual read, or for advice I see what comes up and I politely ask the persons guides some questions. I write everything down, even the things that feel weird and send it to the person. You never know what will resonate with someone even if it feels weird to you.

If you want I'm happy to exchange a couple of practice rounds with you? Also, go with the first thing that comes to you, when you second guess that's your intellect interfering with intuition. Allow colours, images, voices/words, sounds whatever is coming. Don't question anything but if the message isn't clear you can also ask the guides to clarify?

yeah I know being well grounded is a big part of it, I think that's one of the many issues I have lol
That would be wonderful wolfswan I would love to be able to do some exchanges with you :)
I am going to find a little more information, just so I know exactly what to do and then we can go for it :p

spinnachie

I've recently discovered this too. My main tips are:

Find a quiet spot in your house and preferably try this in the morning before all the hassle of the day. I've found that when you've woken up, your mind is still closer to the dreaming state and more receptive to images, and you're not overburdened by the mundane chores etc. of the day.

Sit down, close your eyes and try to not think anything. Just let your mind be. Whatever thought or image, no matter how faint, appears - let it come and "watch" it.

I don't see as clear images as in a dream, but I do get hunches, physical sensations (warmth, sounds, smells) and "see" a "video" with my minds eye. It's difficult to explain because it's not as clear as a full-on (lucid) dream but it's clear enough to pick the message.

The main thing is to trust what comes and simply observe. Don't try to guess whether the image is relevant, or whether it's "correct". And try not to direct the images, just sit and watch. Don't try to guess where the story will go! ;)

I usually watch for maybe 30 -60 seconds, after which I write it down. I find this method to work because it allows me to just sit and observe without thinking or trying to memorise or analyse, and I can still remember the images to write them down and start analysing.

Don't be put off if you don't get anything sensible. I get symbolical stuff 99% of the times - people in historical dresses and in all sorts of landscapes, and I interpret it later. It does't have to be photography quality accuracy to be meaningful, so even if you read about contemporary matters and see dragons, take it, it's a symbolical message :D

It helps to be acquainted with symbols, folklore and legends in general to fine tune your intuition and "vocabulary". I'm an art historian and it helps me a lot with seeing and understanding messages. But you can build your own meanings, too.

If you find clairvoyancy difficult to start with, try cloud scrying. Just let your mind see patterns, images and symbols to get into the practice of letting your intuition direct your mind rather than the other way around. Don't disregard anything as silly, just keep watching and imagining!

Should I meditate first? or is sitting down quietly sort of like a meditation in itself?
The main issue I have is trusting what I see or hear ;) Even when I read for others sometimes I find myself second guessing things because I don't know if they are right...a lot of the times I wont say something because I think "that sounds silly" and then later find out it was something I should have mentioned lol...I have been working on that and have noticed that when I just say what I feel im usually right but sometimes I over think it too much.

I have a crystal ball that my boyfriend bought me for Christmas one year...I haven't ever used it though because im not sure how ;)

spinnachie

I forgot to add that to read for others, I first ask myself: what is going on with person X (or whatever question they asked) to direct my thoughts to the person and the question. If I read for myself, I say something like "show me what's going on / what I need to know" and then just sit and watch quietly. Note, at first it will feel that nothing will happen, so don't fret, just sit, even if it takes up to 10 minutes to quieten your rational mind and your own "why's nothing coming" questions ;) !

I suppose this is where meditating and getting used to sitting in silence comes in handy ;)