Lenormand/Titania Draw 12

katie_here

Got an interesting group of 7 cards during my practice sessions and thought it would be a good one for us all to have a go at interpreting

Heart : Garden : Anchor : Road : Tree : Tower : Scythe

Night Owl

Ok, here is my first go at it

Well, I guess I give it a start. When I was looking at the meaning for the Titania cards, I noticed that the meaning I know for the cards may not be exactly the same. Therefore, my reading may turn out differently than others.

This person enjoys his/her work environment. The work would involve a lot of contact with the public, for example - customer service.

A decision at work is due, but is delayed. This change could be an unpopular decision made by the boss or supervisor, such as cutting jobs.

Now I am curious to see what everybody else sees here.

Night Owl

purple_scorp

katie_here said:
Hello Night Owl, welcome aboard.

Hmm, I see this reading as a love interest (heart/garden)from the past (tower) returning. There is confusion about what to do, however. A struggle for the querent as to which of the crossroads to take. The anchor represents security, yet it is right next to the road (with the scythe at the end) that indicates there is a change or a sharp decision to be made. There are no negative cards in this reading, so everything looks good. The tree is strong, healthy, vital, and growing.

Ah, yes....what's that saying....can't see the forest for the trees! Just thought I'd throw that in for good measure.

purple_scorp

Moonbow

I think the Scythe could almost be ignored in this spread as the rest of the cards are very positive and this influences the only one that is negative but...

I think the crux here is that there is decision to be made:

On one hand there is a stable, long lasting relationship, nice and settled, successful and solid, then again...... there's the partying side, this person wants to be with friends and be more sociable too. Perhaps the scythe indicates a little resentment at being so tied down.

katie_here

me said:

The way I see these cards is there is a new relationship with someone you meet socially, you are not sure whether to embark on this relationship or not, but whatever decision you make you can be sure destiny is guiding you for the better and you will see a change in your life.

purple_scorp

Moonbow* said:
I think the Scythe could almost be ignored in this spread as the rest of the cards are very positive and this influences the only one that is negative but...
Hmm, I don't see the Scythe as negative. It is dramatic but it is about change and change can be good.

purple_scorp

Moonbow

I think this is one of the differences between the Titania and Lenormand. I have noticed a few recently. In Lenormand the Scythe is only thought of as a good card if others around it influence it. Mostly it is considered a card of danger or warning.

purple_scorp

I wonder if you also need to look at which way the scythe is pointing???

Moonbow

Hi purple_scorp

I'm not aware that the way the Scythe is pointing has been mentioned in anything I have read about Lenormand, although the deck does seem to play on the fact that some cards influence others. Like the clouds for example, and particularly whether surrounding cards are generally positive or negative. Then there are those readers that would also consider the suit and number as in cartomancy.

This is all definately something I am considering when coming up with my own meanings, but it takes alot of practice readings to be able to do this. Until then, I use the book meanings combined with my own.

tarotlova

katie_here said:
Got an interesting group of 7 cards during my practice sessions and thought it would be a good one for us all to have a go at interpreting

I think the heart and garden followed by the anchor point to a new love that will be secure. You may meet this person on a trip the road and tree, and the tower and scythe suggest to me to have the courage to break with the past. You could also meet this person some where you used to frequent alot the tower, like where you grew up or even a park you used to go to, from this new things will happen.

Ahhhh could some one delete my mistakes on the next page! Thanks!