Mary El Tarot - Eight of Disks

Bat Chicken

http://www.mary-el.com/disks2.html

The 8 pointed star returns in this card with the presence of two lions I am inclined to say are alchemical - One looks up and one looks down. There is a distinct balance in the powers of the lions and very yin yang – each lion bears the colour of the other in its eyes. Each lion wears a crown and the lamb lies between them.

And the lion lays down with he lamb – not an exact quote from the Bible – but the general idea is that the lamb will lie in peace with its enemies.

The 8 of disks is traditionally about skill and creativity, the end of a conflict through the balancing of energy. I think the elements of creation and balance in this card are clear. There is something achieved here – the lions meaning gold – are balance, the conflict is balanced and something is being created. I feel the build to something here – a transformation is not just in the making, but in progress.

One last thought – the structure of the card feels like pillars – the lamb is the middle pillar, the crowns are on the emanations of Kether in the two other pillars.

Thoughts?

Terrapin

This is one of my favorite Mary-el cards. Notice the small space between the two pillars where the lamb sits. I think this conveys the idea of honing your skills from the traditional RWS card. It takes skill and practice to land yourself in that middle (small) space. Prudence and care are important in accomplishing something worthwhile and balanced.

Debra

8 and 11. The right lion has 8 white yods; the left has three. Their colored "eyes" are 4 + 4. I think she considers 8 and 11 as interchangeable or along those lines.

It feels like Temperance.

Bat Chicken

This is one of my favorite Mary-el cards. Notice the small space between the two pillars where the lamb sits. I think this conveys the idea of honing your skills from the traditional RWS card. It takes skill and practice to land yourself in that middle (small) space. Prudence and care are important in accomplishing something worthwhile and balanced.
Yes! The idea of focus...

8 and 11. The right lion has 8 white yods; the left has three. Their colored "eyes" are 4 + 4. I think she considers 8 and 11 as interchangeable or along those lines.

It feels like Temperance.
I did see the Yods and I wondered about that... Very cool idea. I want to look further into that on my second run through... I need more education on Qabalah and alchemy...