Mayan Prophecy Calendar - what's your take?

Debra

Apart from everything else, it seems to me that this is the crux of the issue:

The completion of 13 b'ak'tuns (August 11, 3114 BCE) marks the Creation of the world of human beings according to the Maya.

That's not actually when human beings emerged on earth. So I'm not worrying.

On the other hand, I have a vague sense that we're heading toward a collective spiritual um change. I don't know what. All I can say is that a lot of people seem to be having weird energy experiences and when someone so determinedly mundane as myself has such experiences I suspect there's an environmental factor at play.

The crowned one

On the other hand, I have a vague sense that we're heading toward a collective spiritual um change. I don't know what. All I can say is that a lot of people seem to be having weird energy experiences and when someone so determinedly mundane as myself has such experiences I suspect there's an environmental factor at play.

I blame these "dark" feelings mostly on media and government.

Simsy

Already today the airwaves are filled with this being the one-year countdown to doom, as predicted by the Mayan Calendar 3,400 years ago.

Personally - looking at the changes in weather, the planet, destructive storms and tsunami - I would almost say the Mayans are pretty spot-on. However, since the dawn of man someone has been shouting that the world is going to end next Saturday at 1:22 p.m. - and we're still here. How do we know that scientists have even deciphered the calendar correctly?

So, should we all be partying like it's 1999 :party:, or should we just assume that everything is going to be 'business as usual'?

I believe that the end of the mayan calendar isn't about doomsday. to me personally it's about shifting energies, getting rid of what is old stagnant energy and transforming into something that shapes our world in a better way, things that where hidden become in view etc and how we can transform ourselves for the better.

Simsy

VGimlet

Me, I think it will be business as usual.

But hopefully things will start turning toward the positive, instead of the downward spiral they seem to have been on the past few years.

I always think it's a good idea to party like it's 1999.

Milfoil

I wonder if there were dinosaurs who predicted that massive asteroid hit?

Briar Rose

I've read that certain events, including certain structures that have been erected have in common alignments with the stars. In that being said, there has to be something important about the alignment of Ophiuchus, and the eight spoke wheel alignment happening at the same time. I am trying to study it and understand it. I think the last time this happened, the earth went through something of importance geographically.

And of course, with reading tarot cards and symbols in the mix, the definitions of Ophiuchus is depicted with a serpent around his waist signifying the universal archetype snake/serpent/ that refers to DNA and the human biogenetic experiments

And well, every time scientist mess with Mother Nature we get horrible and disastrous outcomes!

So for sure, I am aware of 2012. And this brings me closer to living an authentic life. That is not easy to do. Awareness and presence in the moment, and thinking about probable outcomes are important.

raeanne

And well, every time scientist mess with Mother Nature we get horrible and disastrous outcomes!
I disagree with this comment. Smallpox, polio, etc are very good examples of where scientists have prevented Mother Nature from killing and maming hundreds of thousands of children. Hopefully scientists will "mess" with nature enough to find a cure for cancer someday soon.

The crowned one

And here is NASA's take

To me the fact is either way I am just choosing based on preference as I have no equipment to test these "facts" from either side, and until the day comes, I will just wait, live as I always do and see what happens :). What I do know is the alignment plus or minus by everyone's account happens every 26000 years and the world has been here for 4000000000 years so we should be just fine.

All information that I can see says " business as usual"