Meditation check-in?

PAMUYA

I did not attend the 24 hour meditation retreat, but I did get my regular morning and evening 1/2 our meditations in. Still working on standing up to my desire of pushing away emotions instead of facing them head on. by pushing them away I turn to turning on the TV, which is not good, with the TV comes the habit of overeating. Making progress ;)

Carla

Mon 9 Jul -- 20 min. One mala 'om gum ganapatayei namaha', the rest of the time, cycling energy. (Visualise on the deep inhale, energy coming up through the chakras, then on the exhale, visualise it showering down all around you from above the crown of your head, settling back into the ground, to be taken up again on the next inhale.)

Milfoil

Sitting and listening . . . . early morning, sun still on the rise. Everywhere wet but still warm and comfortable. Birdsong, clouds, hearing, sensing, feeling, seeing things beyond things.

vee

It's been forever since I meditated, so I did 5 minutes last night. It was pretty difficult but I felt good afterwards. Thanks, thread! I'll be working my way up. :)

Carla

Lovely practice, Milfoil. And well done, Vee!

Wed 11 Jul -- chakra opening kundalini yoga set, 30 minutes. From a DVD by Ravi Singh and Ana Brett called 'Dance the Chakras'. The set is the warm up before the dance segment. It works the chakras methodically from the root upward and is quite good. :)

PAMUYA

Did empty body meditation last night, really enjoyed it:

"Suppose your passive form to be an empty room with walls of skin…but inside, everything empty. This is one of the most beautiful techniques. Just sit in a meditative posture, relaxed, alone, your backbone straight and the whole body relaxed ? as if the whole body is hanging on the backbone. Then close your eyes. For a few moments go on feeling relaxed, more relaxed, becoming calmer and calmer and calmer. Do this for a few moments, just to be in tune. And then suddenly start feeling your body is just walls of skin and there is nothing inside, there is no one inside, the house is vacant. Sometimes you will feel thoughts passing, clouds of thoughts moving, but don’t think that they belong to you. You are not. Just think that they are roaming in a vacant sky ? they don’t belong to anyone, they don’t have any roots."

Carla

Thu 12 Jul - no sitting meditation

Fri 13 Jul - One mala 'om shanti om', then I got distracted by my altar and found myself tidying it for the rest of the 15 minutes. Doh.

Milfoil

Fell sort of (almost) asleep last night in meditation. Was just sat there, eyes closed, looking into the colours and then it is 55 mins later but I don't remember 'waking up', just that it was sort of without time. shrug.

Flaxen

Contemplation on 'dying' - rather intense but very interesting.