Meditation check-in?

PAMUYA

So excited tomorrow I am going to a healing the pain meditation workshop at our local Buddhist Temple. Will fill you in later.

Today I have done my daily morning and evening meditations

MsRubyRain

The Chopra Center started it's 21 day meditation today. It's free and I signed up. I figured it was a good way to get myself back into the practice of meditating.

I followed the first guided meditation today and it was wonderful!

PAMUYA

On Saturday I went to a wonderful workshop on Meditation, how to deal with pain. This was at a Buddhist center. We did work on different kinds of meditations and how to see and deal with the root causes of pain.

I continue to meditate daily, 15 minutes to 1/2 hour in the morning and 15 minutes to 1/2 an hour in the evenings. No chanting or mantras, I do mindful meditations, sometimes listening to music, sometimes in silence.

vee

I was going to go to a guided meditation at the UU church nearby, but went on a bike ride instead, so I did 10 minutes of mindful meditation by myself. It was nice, but next week I think I'll go to the meeting!

PAMUYA

I had a very strange meditation today. During the meditation I felt as if the right side of my brain was closed off to me. I spent the entire meditation trying to access it. Slowy I felt it open up. Real or not it was a strange meditation. Has anyone else every experienced anything similar?

MsRubyRain

I did day three of the Chopra Center 21 day meditation challenge and it was lovely. I have really enjoyed them all!

Milfoil

Every attempt at mediation for 3 days has been thwarted . . . grump.

Carla

Every attempt at mediation for 3 days has been thwarted . . . grump.

LOL And me. I did do some chanting in my head on the walk to work Tue and Wed.

Tue 17th Jul - Gayatri mantra

Wed 18th Jul - Om gum ganapatayei namaha

Carla

I had a very strange meditation today. During the meditation I felt as if the right side of my brain was closed off to me. I spent the entire meditation trying to access it. Slowy I felt it open up. Real or not it was a strange meditation. Has anyone else every experienced anything similar?

I have felt my throat chakra tightly closed and refusing to open. Working my way up the spine, I had a very dim root chakra, feeble sacral chakra, bright solar plexis, my heart chakra shone out like Iron Man, then my throat was like a little rock. All my concentration there only made my actual throat tighten up like it does when you start to cry. I was going through a bad time then. Feeling powerless. So it makes sense.

Actually, I do still have trouble with the throat chakra. It is associated with hearing, the ears, listening, speaking, communication, creativity and self-expression.

What do you think might be the significance of feeling like the right side of your brain is closed off? What does it represent to you? The right side of the brain is associated with creativity and non-verbal thinking.