Meditation for Divination

spinnachie

Hey everyone

I have been on a Tarot/Divination hiatus. Too much has been going on and at the end of the day I become too tired to do the things that I enjoy, such as Tarot and Divination.
However, I started thinking that if something is important to me, then I should definitely make the time for it. That being said I have decided to do a 31 day challenge starting August 1st.
I am hoping to develop my intuition and psychic ability and I feel that if I can make it through the 31 days of August, I should be able to keep up with it after that as well.

I decided to make this thread for 2 reasons

Reason 1: Im looking for meditation recommendations, different ones that I could try throughout my 31 day journey. Perhaps even different techniques on meditating? if there is such a thing?

Reason 2: I'd like to post in this thread with updates just in case anyone decides to show me some support :p and perhaps it will motivate some others to do the same! :)

decan

It's a good idea, but it's not always easy to meditate every day! This asks to make some efforts (even though most of the time meditations are practices on letting go), and perseverance.
Personally I find audio guided meditations helpful.

celticnoodle

wow, spinnachie! What a great idea for you to pursue and I do hope you will find it fun, productive and rewarding.

I have to agree with decan, that meditating every day is not really easy to do--though, I do hope you are able to do so, even IF you are only to do it a few days each week and may miss a day here or there. OR, even if it is only for 10 or 15 minutes every day.

I myself find it difficult to meditate daily--but I do most days find the time to do a prayer meditation that is about 20 minutes with a rosary mediation. If I miss it during the mornings--I can at least do this at night when I'm in bed. But I prefer first thing in the morning.

Some forms of meditation I would recommend are:

1. Prayer meditations (like my rosary one, but there are many out there)
2. A walking meditation or meditating while gardening, painting, etc.
3. Tai Chi or Yoga meditation
4. A focus meditation (such as even scrying!)
5. A Zen meditation, (the one most people think of when they say meditation)
6. Chakra meditations. (you can find chakra balancing music on you tube, buy a cd or just talk yourself through the basic chakras and use your imagination on talking yourself through the chakras.
7. Mindfulness meditation

and probably many other forms.

One chakra meditation that I do often is called "Waking the Cobra" by Baird Hersey. You can find it here for sale: https://www.amazon.com/Waking-Cobra-Vocal-Meditations-Chakras/dp/B000CA8PAU

I bought it as a download and listen to it through earplugs while I'm in bed. It relaxes me immensely, to where I will promptly fall asleep - yet--a friend of mine who has it finds it very energetic, so she always does it when she needs a pick me up! :laugh:

So, maybe, to make sure you will keep with it for 31 days of August, you should incorporate doing a variety of mediations as listed in the 7 above or others.

I would advise you to set aside a specific time of the day to do your meditations every day. Generally a time when it is rare for you to have anyone call you on the phone or stop by for a visit. When you do begin the meditation, you may want to turn the ringer of your phone to off until afterwards.

Don't get discouraged if you can't stop the mind chatter. This is very common. Continue on. Allow the mind to chatter and then let it go. Don't "respond" to the chatter. Just let it happen and then let it go. Before you know it, the mind chatter will cease!

Meditation is great on SO many levels! Its great for your health--physically, mentally and emotionally. It could indeed help you with your spiritual abilities, too. And, you'll be amazed at how you feel when you get into a regular practice!

Good Luck. Do keep us posted too! Love this idea of yours! :thumbsup:

Also check out you tube for some videos on various meditation practices. they can lead you into meditation and there are also meditative music to listen to as well. One of my favorites is shamanic drumming.

bonebeach

Meditation doesn't have to be long. Much like getting into a consistent workout schedule, I think that starting small and sustainable is really important. Better to develop a habit of meditating for two minutes each day, and manage to do it and then scale up, than to set a goal of meditating for 30 minutes a day and blowing it after two days.

When I started getting into it, I found this list VERY useful:

http://liveanddare.com/types-of-meditation/

Basically, there's so many different types of meditation that you can definitely find one that works for you! I know a lot (most, I'd say) people like the guided meditations, but they drive me nuts. And then the visualization ones aren't for everyone, either, since some people don't think visually. But there is SO much out there, that if you approach it with playful flexibility, you'll find something. Good luck!

(I like metta meditation and trataka (gazing) meditation best.)

earthshine

Any form of meditation that works for you :) I sometimes sit meditation with my friends and we meditate together but using our individual forms. One friend recites a mantra in his head, another sits Zen, I do vipassana.

I only really do know vipassana: https://www.youtube.com/user/VipassanaOrg/videos

decan

Concerning Chakras Meditation you could try this: https://www.monroeinstitute.org/node/1030

For me meditation is more something in relation to buddhism and awakening, therefore not necessarily about personal development and so on, but this one with chakras is very good.

RiverRunsDeep

Reason 1: Im looking for meditation recommendations, different ones that I could try throughout my 31 day journey. Perhaps even different techniques on meditating? if there is such a thing?

Are you familiar with energy work, or are you a Reiki practitioner? While I am doing a self-Reiki session, meditation often occurs spontaneously. I also like to do Chakra meditations using various stones and crystals. Another effective approach is to use guided audio meditations, as decan mentioned.

Reason 2: I'd like to post in this thread with updates just in case anyone decides to show me some support :p and perhaps it will motivate some others to do the same! :)

I am definitely supportive, and you are certainly motivating me to get on board again with my meditation/divination/intuition practice. Good luck with your 31 day challenge!

decan

(...) I have decided to do a 31 day challenge starting August 1st. (...)

This could be a very good idea for me as well, but not especially in order to increase my spychic ability on my side.
In the past I pushed myself to meditate properly every day, but after a while, discipline becomes increasingly difficult to keep...
Ok, I'll start as from tomorrow August 1st! :)

bonebeach

Haven't watched those links yet because I'm in public without headphones, but I wanted to chime in with a big YES for yoga. The active parts themselves are wonderful (and can be very fun and challenging), but the savasana afterwards is fantastic. The most intense meditative experience of my life was actually while still in yoga class, in savasana, and not any of the times I've been tucked away in my special private home meditation corner or anything. Really amazing, vivid experience.

Particularly if you have trouble with meditation because you're physically antsy/twitchy (like me!), I think yoga is a great thing to do before/during/as meditation.