Moon in my personal readings - 3 days in a row!

Starfish

I am a newbie to Tarot reading and have a question about my personal readings. Over the past 3 days, the Moon shows up in my personal readings (I do a 3 card reading in the morning). It keeps showing up with the Ace, Two, Three and Page of Swords (now, I'm a Libra, but all of these swords showing up has got me wondering! :) ).

Any help is much appreciated -

Silver Starfish

Keslynn

The Moon signifies the subconscious. The times it has come up for me in readings usually means that I should follow my instincts. For some people, the Moon has a meaning of illusion as well, but I relate it mostly to intuition. The Swords seem to indicate that you're approaching things with your mind, thinking things through logically. Depending on the position the cards have appeared, the Moon could be asking you to follow your gut feeling when you really want to think things through. Or if you go for the illusion aspect of the Moon, you could be using your mind to break through a mental haze.

Pollux

Maybe you have some hidden enemy? It is a very traditinal meaning, and the Swords... For example, the eye-folded girl on the second, or the Grief of the Three.

Other meanings also include the Esoteric, Hidden capacities needing to be gained and exploited ...

I had a phase like that, and I later related it to my health problems, it was a time of strong headaches and I got that thing that I can't name in English (sorry!) but in Italian is called "tachicardia", which means that your heart gets speeded up suddenly at times, and you can't calm it no matter what you so, and you feel like fanting... It happens for sudden scares, for example...

Thirteen

Quote:Originally posted by Starfish
I am a newbie to Tarot reading and have a question about my personal readings. Over the past 3 days, the Moon shows up in my personal readings (I do a 3 card reading in the morning). It keeps showing up with the Ace, Two, Three and Page of Swords (now, I'm a Libra, but all of these swords showing up has got me wondering! :) ).

What is the focus of your readings? I'd take this, immediately, as a warning that I've over thought something. 1/s implies lots of unfocused mental activity. 2/s implies compromises--which you THINK are working, but aren't. 3/s indicates some bad thoughts, bad words exchanged, betrayals going on--maybe relating to that compromise which you *think* is working.

Page of swords I read as you--you think you've got a mental/verbal handle on the situation--but you're just a page. Guess what: Moon. You're fooling yourself. The Moon, as it pointed out, has two meanings--illusion and intuition. Given the other cards, I'd say that you're being warned that, right now, you're maintaining an illusion.

Possibly you think that you're being betrayed (3/s) when you're not--or you think all's well (2/s) when it's not (3/s). Either way, you need to reach for the Moon's other meaning--instinct, gut feeling, psychic ability. You're running around too much in the head, wondering what someone meant when they said this or that. Trying to work things out, balance them (like a good Libra) when, perhaps, they can't be balanced--at least not with words and logic.

Delve into feelings. What do you feel? Ignore the words. Ignore your head. Find the truth and cut through the illusion.

Starfish

Thirteen -

WOW! After reading your post, you've helped me figure it out! I know that I do tend to over-analyze situations (currently, a friend (that at one time was a best friend, now just a casual one) has me wondering about her sincerity). I tend to over-think problems - mentally making them out to be worse than they are in reality. (DH refers to me as his worry-wart handwringer)

I will have to meditate a bit on this...

Thank you so much!

Starfish

emily2otters

(pollux: "tachicardia" is correct english terminology also. our medical jargon is all latin and greek. :) )