My Altar

celticnoodle

ah! All the more special then! :D

sweetcherise13

I love your altar CN. :)
Your large sphere is absolutely gorgeous and I adore the origami crane story. The priest asking you to lie cracked me up. :p
Thank you for sharing your beautiful space. I've broken mine down and I'm in the process of resetting it up (My main sacred space) so I came here for extra inspiration. :thumbsup:

Luna's Crone

I love your alter CN!!!! I love Gaia rocks, gems, crystal that I even have water colors I bought made from amethyst i forgot the other two. But i am gonna get more. Because they are gonna figure prominently in some pix i hope to paint.

If I loaded up a pix of my kitchen altar, the united gasps from yinz all would be heard around the world. Its very messy and always is. Love it

sweetcherise13

I brought home mom's marble and cast iron table and made it a small altar space and I'm still working on the shelf, but these two are in our bedroom. :)

Attachments

• WP_20170623_17_14_54_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20170623_17_14_54_Pro (2).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 167
  • WP_20170623_17_14_06_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20170623_17_14_06_Pro (2).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 171

celticnoodle

I love your altar CN. :)
Your large sphere is absolutely gorgeous and I adore the origami crane story. The priest asking you to lie cracked me up. :p
Thank you for sharing your beautiful space. I've broken mine down and I'm in the process of resetting it up (My main sacred space) so I came here for extra inspiration. :thumbsup:

:) T.Y. Sweetcherise! Once we get settled in this river house for good, it'll be rearranged and MIGHT have a bigger table. Not sure where I'll put the one the kid made for us--as we won't get rid of it, but I want to put ALL my things together.

You know, I don't think I ever got anything in that crystal ball! not that I can recall. I'm not a great scryer anyway--but esp. with that one. I think also that was my first crystal ball. I do love it--find it beautiful to look at, but I keep it pretty much for show.

:laugh: yeah, that Priest was something else! :laugh:

I love your alter CN!!!!
T.Y. Luna. I am thinking about perhaps using the dresser for all of my *stuff* and even the drawers to hold things, too. Not sure yet what I'll do to change it.
I love Gaia rocks, gems, crystal that I even have water colors I bought made from amethyst i forgot the other two. But i am gonna get more. Because they are gonna figure prominently in some pix i hope to paint.

If I loaded up a pix of my kitchen altar, the united gasps from yinz all would be heard around the world. Its very messy and always is. Love it
I have always loved rocks. I always tend to pick them up where ever we go. I sometimes feel like rocks call out to me and ask me to bring them to my home. :D

I brought home mom's marble and cast iron table and made it a small altar space and I'm still working on the shelf, but these two are in our bedroom. :)
OOOH! very pretty table and I love your bookcase too! I have a few of those himalayan salt lamps too--and I have ones that you can put a votive candle in--have you seen those? Haven't used them yet, but I may put them on my "altar".

What is that greenish item in the left corner? a crystal? It looks HUGE!! AND! I love the raven--is that part of the candle holder!? I love ravens/crows. all is very nice looking! thank you for sharing. :)

Someone here sent this link to me to see a table decorated with tarot cards that are decopuaged (I think) on the table. so cute! take a peek!

http://www.trystancraft.com/martha/projects/decoupage.html

HearthCricket

These altars are all so gorgeous and unique! I love threads like this. It is always inspiring to see what people bring to their altars, or what finds their way to one's altar and how they evolve as we do.

I have several "altars" or "sacred spaces" around my house. The living room is where I have the seasonal one which gets changed up for each sabbat. Most of the time it is located on a round table right next to the hearth, which is where much of my magical work is done. The rest, if inside, is in the dining room. That is where we move the table in November-January to make room for our huge fake Christmas tree. So the Yule Altar is usually in the dining room. Right now it is decorated for Litha/Summer Solstice!

Also in our dining room is a multi-cultural altar with heavy emphasis on Christianity. Icons, statues, icons above it on the wall, but you cannot see them in this photo. Statues get moved around a lot here in my home depending on mood or season!

I also have a personal altar upstairs in the bedroom. It is on top of a bureau I bought years ago to store my tarot collection, so a very appropriate and meaningful place to put it.

Recently I got back into gaming and have been doing a fun study into Pop Culture Witchcraft, so created a Gaming Altar in our den. I collect dice, so a nice place to charge up or display special dice. It actually is 4 levels, but you can see some of it in the photo below.

Elven

CN - I love your alter! Just beautiful!
and your Crane story was fantastic - cracked me up!
What a special prize your Crane is - God's Security Company :D

Thanks for the share!

celticnoodle

Hearthcricket, thank you for sharing your GORGEOUS pictures! Pics of your home are always so beautiful! and I love your altars! I love that purple/blue/green dragon! So cool! and I also love how you have the BM and the other Goddesses around her - (who are they if you know?). I also love the St. Nick statue! Who doesn't like good ol' St. Nick?! :D I remember you are Catholic, like me--and love how you have your wedding pictures on the altar too. I was just thinking last night how I should have an altar dedicated to the ancestors w/their pics, and another one to the family still living, including our wedding pics. But, we tend to hang our family pics on the wall here. So our living room wall on one side has ALL the ancestors and tends to be a "wall altar" I guess. We talk to them all the time there. :laugh: But, I do love that table w/your wedding pic and the BM and the picture of Mary with the rosary. Just beautiful!

Gives me many ideas on how to change my altar around a bit too. :) T.Y. for sharing!

CN - I love your alter! Just beautiful!
and your Crane story was fantastic - cracked me up!
What a special prize your Crane is - God's Security Company :D

Thanks for the share!
:) T.Y. Elven.

Yeah, I will never forget about that "visit" and receiving the crane while Fr. was hiding upstairs! :D

HearthCricket

Hearthcricket, thank you for sharing your GORGEOUS pictures! Pics of your home are always so beautiful! and I love your altars! I love that purple/blue/green dragon! So cool! and I also love how you have the BM and the other Goddesses around her - (who are they if you know?). I also love the St. Nick statue! Who doesn't like good ol' St. Nick?! :D I remember you are Catholic, like me--and love how you have your wedding pictures on the altar too. I was just thinking last night how I should have an altar dedicated to the ancestors w/their pics, and another one to the family still living, including our wedding pics. But, we tend to hang our family pics on the wall here. So our living room wall on one side has ALL the ancestors and tends to be a "wall altar" I guess. We talk to them all the time there. :laugh: But, I do love that table w/your wedding pic and the BM and the picture of Mary with the rosary. Just beautiful!

Gives me many ideas on how to change my altar around a bit too. :) T.Y. for sharing!

Thank you! The other statues are Kwan Yin, Demeter (she will get moved to the Lammas altar shortly and Elen of the Ways and Herne will get moved over here!), Maiden, Mother, Crone statues and Olive Wood carvings of Mary with rosary beads, and the Holy Family. Actually I am no longer a practicing Catholic, but prefer to acknowledge my past rather than toss it away or smother it. Each step in my life has been special to me!

celticnoodle

Thank you! The other statues are Kwan Yin, Demeter (she will get moved to the Lammas altar shortly and Elen of the Ways and Herne will get moved over here!), Maiden, Mother, Crone statues and Olive Wood carvings of Mary with rosary beads, and the Holy Family. Actually I am no longer a practicing Catholic, but prefer to acknowledge my past rather than toss it away or smother it. Each step in my life has been special to me!

I thought it was Kwan Yin! I have a nice picture of her that a shaman teacher I use to take courses from, gave to me. She told me she felt her around me and thought she was guiding me. It was a nice thought to me! :D I'm also not a practicing Catholic anymore, but I love the Blessed Mother and the rosary. I collect rosaries--and have at least 50. Quite a few from my deceased aunts and uncles and grandparents. Yes, I hear you. I still pray the rosary and I love my holy medals, but I also follow a different spiritual path--but still keep the BM and Jesus in it. :)