My Altar

Tanga

These altars are all so gorgeous and unique! I love threads like this. It is always inspiring to see what people bring to their altars, or what finds their way to one's altar and how they evolve as we do...

...Recently I got back into gaming and have been doing a fun study into Pop Culture Witchcraft, so created a Gaming Altar in our den. I collect dice, so a nice place to charge up or display special dice. It actually is 4 levels, but you can see some of it in the photo below.

Fab Gaming Altar! :thumbsup: - plus Baba studios deck bag :) (*nods to Pop Culture Witchcraft - I'm heavily influenced by the fantasy that I read).

Sci Fi Altar: (Oops - sorry it's sideways :joke: )

Attachments

• AltarSciFi.jpg
    AltarSciFi.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 173

Luna's Crone

I brought home mom's marble and cast iron table and made it a small altar space and I'm still working on the shelf, but these two are in our bedroom. :)

Loved your pictures which does lead me to a question, I had never seen someone using their salt lamp before. Does it have an odor? I am wondering if, when on, it help ionize the air. I have asthma and respiratory issues, odor can be bad, but ionizing is out of the question, although i don't expect you to know if it does or not. LOL But the heat has to be doing something to all those electrons................

Luna's Crone

Fab Gaming Altar! :thumbsup: - plus Baba studios deck bag :) (*nods to Pop Culture Witchcraft - I'm heavily influenced by the fantasy that I read).

OMG that's so cute!

Luna's Crone

These altars are all so gorgeous and unique! I love threads like this. It is always inspiring to see what people bring to their altars, or what finds their way to one's altar and how they evolve as we do.

I have several "altars" or "sacred spaces" around my house. The living room is where I have the seasonal one which gets changed up for each sabbat. Most of the time it is located on a round table right next to the hearth, which is where much of my magical work is done. The rest, if inside, is in the dining room. That is where we move the table in November-January to make room for our huge fake Christmas tree. So the Yule Altar is usually in the dining room. Right now it is decorated for Litha/Summer Solstice!

Also in our dining room is a multi-cultural altar with heavy emphasis on Christianity. Icons, statues, icons above it on the wall, but you cannot see them in this photo. Statues get moved around a lot here in my home depending on mood or season!

I also have a personal altar upstairs in the bedroom. It is on top of a bureau I bought years ago to store my tarot collection, so a very appropriate and meaningful place to put it.

Recently I got back into gaming and have been doing a fun study into Pop Culture Witchcraft, so created a Gaming Altar in our den. I collect dice, so a nice place to charge up or display special dice. It actually is 4 levels, but you can see some of it in the photo below.

I loved all those altars, although never thought of a gaming one.

HearthCricket

Tanga....love your SciFi altar! :D

Tanga

Loved your pictures which does lead me to a question, I had never seen someone using their salt lamp before. Does it have an odor? I am wondering if, when on, it help ionize the air. I have asthma and respiratory issues, odor can be bad, but ionizing is out of the question, although i don't expect you to know if it does or not. LOL But the heat has to be doing something to all those electrons................

Salt lamp has no odour and is supposed to ionize.
Do not keep in damp environment - the salt begins to melt, so little wet drops appear at the base of the lamp.
Beautiful soft light glow. :)

celticnoodle

Oh LOVE the little red creature with the fangs. :laugh: looks a bit like the Sesame Street Character - Elmo? or who is it that is all red? :D

I was about to say the same thing as Tanga--that the salt lamp will ionize the room--clearing it out and no odor. You are suppose to leave it running 24/07--but I admit I turn it off when we leave the house. I also have asthma, but I think it works great for me! Plus it gives a beautiful soft glow as was mentioned too. I love them!

Morwenna

HC, your altars are wonderful! Who'd have thought of a gaming altar?? And having several different altars around the house sounds like a wonderful idea.

I'm always crying "not enough space," but you folks keep giving my ideas on how to make the most use of a very little space! I'm thinking I might make use of the fronts of bookshelves, i.e. in front of the books, the way I do holiday decorations... Anyone would think it was just 'Wenna going overboard decorating again! :D

sweetcherise13

Just catching up on all the gorgeous and inspiring sacred spaces/alters everyone has shared.

I love the diversity and unique quality's in all of them. :love:

CN, the green stone you mentioned is a beautiful piece of green calcite. The energy is amazing!
https://www.healingcrystals.com/Green_Calcite_Articles_125.html

I noticed the salt lamp question was already answered :), and I have them in every room. My hubby has respiratory issues and I use many methods to help ease his discomfort. I've found the lamps help especially in our bedroom. :thumbsup:

celticnoodle

thanks for the link. I'll be reading it in a bit. I agree about placement in the bedrooms. I have one in our bedrooms. I'll be buying a few more, and scattering them throughout the house. I'm especially anxious to start using the ones that hold votive candles.

great crystal, that green crystal/calcite! :) I see its good for the immune system and for bones and joints. Sounds like the crystal that I truly need! thanks again. :)