My Altar

celticnoodle

For quite sometime now, I've been promising to post a picture or pictures of "my altar". Well, I finally took a few pictures though not all of my things are here in this particular home. This is what I have set up at our River House. It will still be moved around as we bring the rest of our things and I also set up a special table in this room. But for now, this is how it looks.

Anyone else want to share their altar?

Attachments

• 20170408_141216 (1).jpg
    20170408_141216 (1).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 310
  • 20170409_103053 (1).jpg
    20170409_103053 (1).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 301

GotH

Thanks for sharing pics of your altar with us. :) Can you tell me more about the box at the bottom left of the table? Are those runes?

I personally do not have an altar but I do have a "shelf" with a large mirror that holds things that are special to me. I usually set a bouquet of flowers in front of the mirror and will have a certain amount of money I set under the vase. With each holiday, I'll remove the flowers to set up something festive for the mirror to reflect more of. This shelf is at the center of my home which can accumulate everyday things so I have to be sure to keep it clear of clutter. My shelf is like a constant center piece. :)

celticnoodle

yes, and also want to apologize for it being sideways too. I tried to get it upright--to no avail!

Anyway, the bottom left of the table is a small box of crystals that I received as a Christmas gift from my sister in law many years ago. It has about 16 various crystals in it. :)

Your "special shelf" sounds lovely, GotH. Perhaps its really what I should say too about this. A "special table". The table was made by our daughter when she was in 7th grade and was in a shop class at school. They learned various things to do--including making simple pieces of furniture and she made this table. :)

danieljuk

a really lovely altar CN!
I used to have a special area years ago set aside but don't really anymore. I hope to make one in future :)

celticnoodle

a really lovely altar CN!
I used to have a special area years ago set aside but don't really anymore. I hope to make one in future :)

T.Y. Daniel. Once we get really settled in ONE house (we finally move for good in August), I hope to spend time making it all on ONE table and getting things set up properly. But for now, this works and I love that room a lot. It also serves as a guest room when company comes to visit--but I think it has such good energy with all *my spiritual* things in it, and the guests visiting just also add to the energy of it.

Debra

I like it all, especially knowing your child made the table! The origami crane caught my eye.

I've got a shelf, and there's a narrow ledge for narrow things. I'll post pictures when the camera lens cover replacement arrives :rolleyes:

celticnoodle

I like it all, especially knowing your child made the table! The origami crane caught my eye.

I've got a shelf, and there's a narrow ledge for narrow things. I'll post pictures when the camera lens cover replacement arrives :rolleyes:
Thank you, Debra. :)

There is a funny story about that paper crane. I use to work in the office at my Catholic Church as the Director of Religious Education and part time secretary. One day while at work, our Priest noticed these 4 women coming to the rectory and they were Jehovah's Witnesses and would drive Father nuts trying to "convert" him. :laugh: They really were obnoxious and came once a month to "talk" to him and they'd sit in his office and argue with him about their faith vs. Catholicism. Father was such a gentle soul and he just couldn't take them anymore.

So, he asked me to lie to them (yeah, the Priest ASKED me to lie! :laugh:) and send those women away. Well trying to even tell them that took 20 minutes, becuase they'd put foot in the door and would just be bullies about it and not take a "No" for an answer. I did finally get rid of them, but the one lady handed me the above paper crane and told me she made it for me.

I've had it ever since then as my momento for the day I "saved" our Priest. :laugh: Everyone in the office were at the office door listening to me as I stood in the hallway trying to push them out and away and Father was "hiding" upstairs also listening. After they were LONG gone down the walkway and out of earshot everyone came out laughing and congratulating me for getting rid of the most obnoxious and ignorant people we were forced to deal with on a regular basis. I sort of see that paper crane as my "Prize". I know it is symbolic of good fortune, and it certainly DID bring us that and some peace for a few days w/those people. :D

Looking forward to your pictures too!

celticnoodle

and, thank you for your comment on my altar.

:laugh: I made a post on your altar thread, meaning to put it here! I can be SUCH an airhead! lol.

I LOVE the malachite cat wearing a necklace! :D are they actually prayer beads or a necklace? Malachite is one of my fave crystals.

I also enjoyed seeing your hanging wall altar. Very creative way of having an altar! gives me some ideas.

thank you for sharing, your pictures & altars are beautiful!

Tanga

and, thank you for your comment on my altar.

:laugh: I made a post on your altar thread, meaning to put it here! I can be SUCH an airhead! lol.

I LOVE the malachite cat wearing a necklace! :D are they actually prayer beads or a necklace? Malachite is one of my fave crystals.

I also enjoyed seeing your hanging wall altar. Very creative way of having an altar! gives me some ideas.

thank you for sharing, your pictures & altars are beautiful!

It's a necklace that was given to my Mum originally.
I love malachite too. :heart: