My First Cartomancy Reading :)

TinySpark

This is my first cartomancy reading with regular playing cards. I've read several books (Julian Moore's & Jonathan Dee's) and I found the card meanings a bit disjointed, but after reading the Hedgewytch's version of the card meanings, I "think" that I understand cartomancy better.

So let a gal know whether my reading rings true? I used the old
me-- dynamic -- him-- potential outcome spread for this one.

My focus was on what was the potential for romance with G this summer...

8 of Diamonds -- 7 of Hearts -- Queen of Clubs -- Jack of Hearts

The eight of diamonds represents me in the spread, this card tells me that I will my intellect will be greatly stimulated this summer and I will be provided with much energy and success in academic endeavors.

G, is represented by the Queen of Clubs so perhaps my interactions with G will remain socially about work and study, but productive. not sure about this one since G is male, but...

7 of hearts as the dynamic between me and G tells me that there will be romantic blocks in this area.

While the Jack of Hearts, conversely tells me that the potential outcome is news of love.

not sure what to think... I know that I mainly rely on card meanings and less intuition but I am not sure if regular "spreads" work with this kind of playing card cartomancy or if more free flowing laying down the cards and seeing the message works better here.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

OnOrionsBelt

This is my first cartomancy reading with regular playing cards. I've read several books (Julian Moore's & Jonathan Dee's) and I found the card meanings a bit disjointed, but after reading the Hedgewytch's version of the card meanings, I "think" that I understand cartomancy better.

So let a gal know whether my reading rings true? I used the old
me-- dynamic -- him-- potential outcome spread for this one.

My focus was on what was the potential for romance with G this summer...

8 of Diamonds -- 7 of Hearts -- Queen of Clubs -- Jack of Hearts

The eight of diamonds represents me in the spread, this card tells me that I will my intellect will be greatly stimulated this summer and I will be provided with much energy and success in academic endeavors.

G, is represented by the Queen of Clubs so perhaps my interactions with G will remain socially about work and study, but productive. not sure about this one since G is male, but...

7 of hearts as the dynamic between me and G tells me that there will be romantic blocks in this area.

While the Jack of Hearts, conversely tells me that the potential outcome is news of love.

not sure what to think... I know that I mainly rely on card meanings and less intuition but I am not sure if regular "spreads" work with this kind of playing card cartomancy or if more free flowing laying down the cards and seeing the message works better here.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Hi TinySpark, I believe Zhadee can help you. She did an excellent cartomancy reading for me. I'll quote her below to see if we can grab her attention.

MissNine

Hi there!
I'm a newbie with playing cards as well. Just learning for a couple months. I usually pull 3 or 5 cards, but here's my take:

More reds than black is a good sign.

8 of diamonds is about ebb and flow. Someone unsure of feelings.

Queen of clubs: this would be you if you're female.

I would also note which way the courts are looking.
- Which card is the Queen looking at?
- Is the Jack is looking at the Queen?