My first two readings, hopefully I'm in the right place.

teejo

Hi all!
I currently use the Wild Wisdom of Faery deck (it's the only one I have). i just started out, and I believe that learning to read the oracle is something my guides have encouraged me to do – i am more familiar with Asian divination so this is very new (and interesting!) to me.

Anyway how I ended up with this deck – I bought a RW deck to start with from my local bookshop. When I was browsing I was drawn to the oracle decks and the Animal Wisdom Tarot deck, but they cost a lot more than the RW deck so I went with it because I was just starting out. So anyway after reading the guide book and looking at the cards, I went to bed. The next morning I want to sort out the major/minor arcanas, and I realize that i am missing 2 cards from the major arcana: death and justice. I looked everywhere and they were no where to be found, and I didn't move the box about at all (kept it by my bedside). The set was shrinkwrapped as well when I bought it so there was no way someone could have removed it. So I went back to the shop, returned it and got the oracle deck I felt most comfortable with (this time I didn't look at the price tags, ha! ) and ended up with this deck. I spent a long time touching and "feeling" the decks and this was the one I felt the most comfortable with, so I truly believe that I have affinity with it and it's a great deck for me to learn with.

Yesterday's reading (first reading) – reverse card.
Card name: #22, Snails Pace, message: "slow down, grounding, listen for the heartbeat of the earth, subtle energies.”
I had actually gone to see an intuitive reader the day before and she pulled a card from her deck which also told me to slow down. I've been very, very busy lately, and also very worried about the future because I know that I can expect a lot of changes... and I'm starting to forget what really matters and seeking things that don't matter as much as they should. The fact that I got this card reversed on my very first reading with this deck makes me feel good about the deck, as one of the reasons why I decided to try reading tarot/oracle cards was because I wanted to communicate with my guiding energies. I think it's telling me that everything will be okay. I don't have to "get there" immediately, because i'll end up where i'm supposed to be eventually.

Today I did my daily card reading and I got:
Card 23: "Follow Me". Message: Come! This is your invitation to enter the realm of the Faery.
I was told by the intuitive reader to start trusting myself and listen to my spirit guides more, and I've been talking out loud the past two days in an effort to speak to the guides. So this one i feel like it tells me that i'm going on the right path, and that i have a lot to learn and benefit from this.

So far I feel like everything has been going great, I'm trying to read up on everything as much as I can! Like I said, I'm very new to this so any interpretation or advice is very helpful and appreciated :)

OnOrionsBelt

Hi all!
I currently use the Wild Wisdom of Faery deck (it's the only one I have). i just started out, and I believe that learning to read the oracle is something my guides have encouraged me to do – i am more familiar with Asian divination so this is very new (and interesting!) to me.

Anyway how I ended up with this deck – I bought a RW deck to start with from my local bookshop. When I was browsing I was drawn to the oracle decks and the Animal Wisdom Tarot deck, but they cost a lot more than the RW deck so I went with it because I was just starting out. So anyway after reading the guide book and looking at the cards, I went to bed. The next morning I want to sort out the major/minor arcanas, and I realize that i am missing 2 cards from the major arcana: death and justice. I looked everywhere and they were no where to be found, and I didn't move the box about at all (kept it by my bedside). The set was shrinkwrapped as well when I bought it so there was no way someone could have removed it. So I went back to the shop, returned it and got the oracle deck I felt most comfortable with (this time I didn't look at the price tags, ha! ) and ended up with this deck. I spent a long time touching and "feeling" the decks and this was the one I felt the most comfortable with, so I truly believe that I have affinity with it and it's a great deck for me to learn with.

Yesterday's reading (first reading) – reverse card.
Card name: #22, Snails Pace, message: "slow down, grounding, listen for the heartbeat of the earth, subtle energies.”
I had actually gone to see an intuitive reader the day before and she pulled a card from her deck which also told me to slow down. I've been very, very busy lately, and also very worried about the future because I know that I can expect a lot of changes... and I'm starting to forget what really matters and seeking things that don't matter as much as they should. The fact that I got this card reversed on my very first reading with this deck makes me feel good about the deck, as one of the reasons why I decided to try reading tarot/oracle cards was because I wanted to communicate with my guiding energies. I think it's telling me that everything will be okay. I don't have to "get there" immediately, because i'll end up where i'm supposed to be eventually.

Today I did my daily card reading and I got:
Card 23: "Follow Me". Message: Come! This is your invitation to enter the realm of the Faery.
I was told by the intuitive reader to start trusting myself and listen to my spirit guides more, and I've been talking out loud the past two days in an effort to speak to the guides. So this one i feel like it tells me that i'm going on the right path, and that i have a lot to learn and benefit from this.

So far I feel like everything has been going great, I'm trying to read up on everything as much as I can! Like I said, I'm very new to this so any interpretation or advice is very helpful and appreciated :)

I feel you did a great job on your reading. There is nothing that I would add/subtract or alter.

It's lovely that the spirits are guiding you so well. Pushing you to get the deck you need and not worry so much about price. I do also think being cautious of cost is wise! The decks will come to you. I was urged to go to a used bookstore by my guides. One I had just gone to the day before. And someone had donated about 15 different oracle decks all brand new. I got them all for about 45 USD. That's all Ive needed!! Also my guides said these decks would be used mostly for others, not myself. Haha...So keep your senses open for that, the decks pick you. Otherwise you'll end up with a bunch, thrown away in draws unused and forgotten.

I feel the reason you have decided to use tarot is very humble. I hope and feel you can open and flourish the communication relationship you're seeking.

Lastly, that faery deck sounds amazing! Oracles can be so much more precise and clear.