New and need a bit of advice

Sulis

Hi
My husband bought me `The Witches Tarot` by Ellen Cannon Reed. I`m new to tarot and although I love this deck I soon realised that it`s not a beginners deck. I`m a witch and so decided that I`d quite like a deck with a pagan feel to it. I bought the `Robin Wood Tarot` after seeing a few images on the net and after reading loads of good reviews. The thing is I just can`t get on with it; I think that it`s quite childishly drawn and is very `Ken and Barbie` like. I`ve seen some images of the `Morgan Greer ` cards and wondered what people thought of this deck. I also quite like the look of the Spiral tarot but don`t know if this one is suitable for beginners. Is it based on the Rider-Waite deck or not.
Blessings of light and laughter
Crystalmynx

Liliana

The Spiral is based on rider waite, its the deck i bought a couple years ago to learn with. The major and minor arcana are very different in style, but very readable. The Princess' are adorable, i prefer them over pages. I think you'll like t deck

Scorpion

Hi, Crystalminx!

I can't comment on the Morgan Greer as I don't own it, but I agree with Liliana that the Spiral would be a good one to go for. The artwork in the Major Arcana is very different and more complex from that in the Minor but it doesn't put me off using it. It's very clear and if you can get hold of the accompanying book (I really had to hunt it down - I was told there wasn't one!) it will explain the myths behind the Majors which I think goes into more depth than the RW, which helps me remember more about them - it seems more "rounded" somehow.

Sulis

Thanks for the replies, I think I`ve fallen in love with another deck though. I was reading through the posts last night and decided to check out all of the cards mentioned and I love the New Palladini. Judging by the images of the cards I`ve seen I reckon that it`s definately the deck for me, I can`t understand why I haven`t looked at this deck before. I thought I`d been really thorough. Just got to find it now.
Blessings of love and light
Crystalmynx