NEW MOON - AUGUST 2, 2016

G6

New Moon TOMORROW!!!

Who can share some new moon intention setting and/or manifestation rituals?

What works for you?

G6

My Usual...

I'm planning to do roughly this...

1. Set intentions in writing. Something along the lines of "I am ready to accept into my life __________________________________ or something even better that is for my highest purpose and the greatest good of all. I am open to receive these blessings into my life with complete harmony, grace, ease, and gratitude.

2. Burn incense and/or sage, light a candle, and zen out.

3. Recite what I have written.

4. Burn the paper with intentions in my Abalone shell.

5. Give gratitude.

CosmicBeing

I did a Moon phase reading for the month. So predictive. It is not anything spiritual. But be interesting to see if the moon cycle does align with what is going on.

I have to look at my birth chart and transits to see where the moon will be cycling.

I do feel more energetic and organized.

Calcifer

When the mood and needs strike me, I too do some work with the Moon, though not in an astrological sense - and I see nothing at all wrong or lacking in your plan. However, here is some food for thought:

I am pretty set in my ways and I feel it is important to actually know precisely when to do my workings... and to do it while the moon is physically in the sky. For instance, I'm in the western tip of North Carolina.
**Today: the Moon RISES at 6:26am (at 70deg from North)
**It SETS at 8:23pm (at 288deg from North)
**The moment the Moon actually becomes "New", and the New Cycle starts is at 4:45pm.
I plan to do a month's tarot reading for this Moon Cycle, so I'll be doing it between 4:45pm and 8:23pm (from the moment of New until Moon-Set). Follow me ? The Moon will in fact be "New", and it will still be in the sky - in my humble opinion these are both important factors; so important that I actually bought a very cool program for my PC that will tell me anything and everything about what the Moon is doing any time and anywhere... and for Moon work, I cannot function without it any more...lol.
In the past, my intentions were kind of hit and miss, and I attribute that to doing "Moon" things simply by calendar date and not paying attention to what was really going on....
Of course this is just a suggestion :)
Michael

Oh...if you'd like, I can get this same information for your location - but you'll have to tell me just where you are so I can look up longitude & latitude (or I can direct you to the website where you can buy/download the program I mentioned).

Disa

No specific plans for it tonight. I have set these types of intentions in the past. I was more focused on Aug 1 instead of the moon.

I, like Michael had not been paying attention to what's REALLY going on...I'm getting there. Seems like a fascinating and useful program, Michael. I might like the link, to have a look at it, if you don't mind. I am in Atlanta, GA.

Calcifer

Hi Disa...
You're only a couple of hours away from me, so the times for today's new moon won't very by more than a tiny fraction (seconds, or a minute).. so you can use those times tonight.
Hope I'm not breaking any rules, but this is the program I've used for years now...just love it. It is called QuickPhase Pro, and you get it here.

Michael

G6

Moon Times PST?

When the mood and needs strike me, I too do some work with the Moon, though not in an astrological sense - and I see nothing at all wrong or lacking in your plan. However, here is some food for thought:

I am pretty set in my ways and I feel it is important to actually know precisely when to do my workings... and to do it while the moon is physically in the sky. For instance, I'm in the western tip of North Carolina.
**Today: the Moon RISES at 6:26am (at 70deg from North)
**It SETS at 8:23pm (at 288deg from North)
**The moment the Moon actually becomes "New", and the New Cycle starts is at 4:45pm.
I plan to do a month's tarot reading for this Moon Cycle, so I'll be doing it between 4:45pm and 8:23pm (from the moment of New until Moon-Set). Follow me ? The Moon will in fact be "New", and it will still be in the sky - in my humble opinion these are both important factors; so important that I actually bought a very cool program for my PC that will tell me anything and everything about what the Moon is doing any time and anywhere... and for Moon work, I cannot function without it any more...lol.
In the past, my intentions were kind of hit and miss, and I attribute that to doing "Moon" things simply by calendar date and not paying attention to what was really going on....
Of course this is just a suggestion :)
Michael

Oh...if you'd like, I can get this same information for your location - but you'll have to tell me just where you are so I can look up longitude & latitude (or I can direct you to the website where you can buy/download the program I mentioned).

Thanks for the info! Was wondering PST? If you're on the other coast you might not read this until tomorrow though.

Calcifer

I think it is fair to say that at this point I can't help you with August's New Moon - but I can help you for the next cycle. I will however need the city and state you live in so I can get your latitude and longitude (I really do need that for accuracy). The program corrects automatically for time zones - not an issue...
Michael