No wheels on RW's Chariot?

jade

you know, i've never noticed that on any decks i have.......i'll have to go fish out my decks and have a look.

in light,
jade

ps was it during a reading that you noticed this? because perhaps it was part of the reading.................lack of movement.

Pedeka

I always felt that the wheels were not really needed because the momentum and movement of the chariot were from the drivers force of will and not mechanical. I feel that the chariot itself is there basically so that we associate it with movement or progress.
Pedeka

mermaid1622

Are you looking at some version of Waite-Smith other than the original one published by Rider? The wheels (and both ends of the axle too) are clearly visible. To see what I mean, you can go to
http://www.learntarot.com/bigjpgs/maj07.jpg

mermaid1622

Talisman

'Lo all,

Ever so slightly off topic, but my favorite Chariot is in Alexandra Genetti's Wheel of Change deck.

No, I don't look at this card and think: "Chariot." I just think, what a beautiful card.

Talisman

Geenius at Wrok

Quote:Originally posted by mermaid1622
Are you looking at some version of Waite-Smith other than the original one published by Rider? The wheels (and both ends of the axle too) are clearly visible.It wouldn't be too hard for someone to misinterpret those wheels as, say, fenceposts or bollards or something, since they're shown from straight-on and you can't see the axle.

I'd be more concerned with the fact that the chariot doesn't have reins. How are those sphinxy critters supposed to pull it?