Objects: Consecrating/Blessing...?

Malachite

I bought a bind-rune pendant this morning, as something between jewellry and a good luck charm, but I'd like to make it more than a simple mass-produced thingy...sort of make it part of my spiritual baggage...
Can anyone recommend a consecration ritual for personal effects?

Kiama

I know this is cliched, but the best ritual or blessing is always one you've written yourself... You can borrow bits of others that you like of course, but what you do has to come from your heart, not from a computer screen which you decided to print out a read coldly from, thinking that it is what you say and do that makes the difference. My opinion is that with ritual, it is why you say it as you do, and that yoyu are aware of what you are saying and why, and how, etc....

So, here's a quick guideline, cuz I remember how difficult it is writing your own rituals when you first start out.

-You may want to state the object's use, and what you hope it will do for you
-You may pray, meditate, or whatever is your equivalent of that, asking whatever you are praying to, to bless the object.
-You may want to use all 4 elements and 'dip' the object in that (I use sea salt, spring water, incense, and candle flame for this.)
-You may want to visualise something to do with the object
-You may want to put your energies into the object, making it personal to you and driving out all other negative, or 'stray' energies.
-Try to spend some time with the object, maybe sleeping with it under your pillow, carrying it close to you at all times, etc....

And that is where I run out of ideas. I'm sure the others will come along later and help me out here though! (Or totally discredit my answers. Nah, only kidding!)

Does this help?

Kiama

Malachite

But, being perfectionist, I'd like to know more about 'official' rituals, and suchforth before i try and do my own...i tend to forget important things...

Malachite

Lit a white candle and a blue candle, set out a circle of rune-stones, with a quick word to each one, asked my spirits, my spirit Guide, and the deities of the world, the moon and the universe to help me, then addressed the pendant itself, asked it to help, told it what i wanted it to do, asked Loki not to look unfavourable upon me, placed some of my own energy within the pendant, and linked it to a rough white-quartz crystal i have...that crystal is now the energy for the pendant,(with the permission of the universe...)...thanked the spirits &c., blew out the candles, and asked the universe to replace the candlelight with its own illumination...

do you think that might have worked?

Kiama

Yep. That was rather beautiful. In reality though, any ritual you do 'works'. It just depends whether it works for YOU.

Kiama

Malachite

Thankyou for being so instructional Kiama...
I would never have realised otherwise!..
;-)

Kiama

That's quite alright Malachite. Glad to be of help.

Kiama