Ongoing situation, humbly asking for opinion which spread to do next

jason.lee83

Hi all,

I've been doing a reading for a friend a.k.a my guinea pig (LOL) for how I might be interpreting the cards based on his current situation.

I did a cc spread with link here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=236389
for a different question around his love life. If you could shed some light on that, I'd be more than happy. :)

In the cc spread, they lost touch and apparently ended in what could've been described on a bitter note, but the girl contacted him again today so I did a 3-card spread regarding her intentions for him(the querent) and interestingly, the page of pentacles (which was a clarifier for the outcome in the cc spread) popped up again.

This time it is (girl's intention for him) = from left to right 8 of swords + page of pentacles + two of cups (clarified by the star) I understand for both pp and two of cups might indicate wanting to see him in person or come to an agreement, but the 8 of swords left me stumped (yet again) but I think it means she wants him to feel bound to him? I find it at odds since the next three cards were positive...

What is page of pentacles trying to convey here? And Which spread do you recommend I use to further clarify this situation, especially with the pp and 8 of swords? Thank you all! :D

AnemoneRosie

What about using the general-purpose three-card relationship spread?
Mine goes:

Querent / Their Significant Other or Love Interest / Direction of Relationship.

Hard to get more clear than that! Generally speaking I'm pretty anti-CC. There's just too much going on, especially for beginners.

jason.lee83

What about using the general-purpose three-card relationship spread?
Mine goes:

Querent / Their Significant Other or Love Interest / Direction of Relationship.

Hard to get more clear than that! Generally speaking I'm pretty anti-CC. There's just too much going on, especially for beginners.

Thank you, AnemoneRosie. I agree, (cc)it does tend to get confusing, but there are times I can completely connect, but the last time was an overkill since I had trouble with the outcome. I wanna find out more about the page of pentacles though as well as the 8 of swords. Again thanks.. I will give that a try and see what I can come up with.

Nemia

Why not design a specific spread for the situation? As few cards as possible, as many as necessary. That's much easier than looking for a ready made one, especially if the situation is complex.

Write it down before so you know what every position means. And thus deepen your relationship to the tarot :) at the same time. (It worked for me...)

jason.lee83

Why not design a specific spread for the situation? As few cards as possible, as many as necessary. That's much easier than looking for a ready made one, especially if the situation is complex.

Write it down before so you know what every position means. And thus deepen your relationship to the tarot :) at the same time. (It worked for me...)

Thank you. I didn't know I could do that. haha anyway yes that's what I did...tried a four-card spread and the result was pretty good. Specifically on what will be the outcome if he pursue and what will be the outcome if he proceeds. I'm still not confident enough to read it though... ah the joy of learning tarot! hehe