online readings

Lilliana

Since most of my friends are indifferent to the tarot, I have a shortage of people to read for. Anyways, I would love to gain more experience in reading for other people and was wondering if there's a website where people can contact others to exchange readings? (If not, I might have to start one :)

Lilli

scorpio

sounds like a plan!!!! another way is to take your deck with you places. last time me and a coworker went to a restaurant i was reading her and her boyfriend. the waitress asked me to read her and another waitress asked and then a customer asked. it was hard getting out of there!!! i take my deck to play with anywhere that i have to sit so i wont be bored. happy hunting!!!

cj

scorpio (01 Dec, 2001 03:29):
sounds like a plan!!!! another way is to take your deck with you places.

When I went to the fabric store to buy material for a Tarot Bag, I was showing the saleswoman the bag and she asked me to do a short reading for her.

Why not try asking people here to lay the cards out and tell you the cards and positions and deck (hopefully the same one you have) and see what happens. ( I would love it)

By the way, I'm in the same boat..most of my friends don't want readings.

cj

PS if you do start a website, let me know if you want me to make a link from my company-Magick Cottage Creations- page (should be up and running in about a month).

destinyawaitsme

I occasionally read on askme.com

It's rewarding to read for people...it's a great way to make friends too. :)

numbrel

There is a forum on Yahoo Groups, called TarotTrade that matches people up weekly to do readings for each other. It's a nice little group of people from all around the world.

numbrel

Lilliana

thanx for your suggestions, I'll have to remember to take my cards with me when I go out. I'm going to check those websites out for sure, hmmm...I'd still like to start my own. If I do, I'd love to have a link on your website CJ.

Your company sounds interesting, is it a shop?

Lilli

raistlynne

Hey, count me in. I'd love to swap readings with everyone.

cj

Quote:Lilliana (02 Dec, 2001 00:11):

Your company sounds interesting, is it a shop?

Lilli

Lilli,

I am going to be selling the Drawstring bags I make. Larger for Tarot decks and smaller for oils, pentulums, whatever. I am going to try spreadcloths and bag sets also. anything I can sew.....I am on the hunt for material by the bolt now and then comes pix, then comes build site...so I am hoping to be up and running in at about 1 month. I have an email already though "magickcottagecreations@yahoo.com"

If you have suggestions, colors, sizes, other things sewn that are used, let me know.

Thanks

Cj

Osher

Hi CJ,

For my tiny 1 inch Tarot I use a silk pouch. Something like that, but bigger, would be great. Drawstring is good for the runes, but for the cards, I would prefer a pouch, if one was available. Many cards, are non-standard sizes thoughs, usually bigger rather than smaller.

Happiness

Lilliana

CJ, that's great you're doing that. I'm sure it will be a success. Let us know when you've got it up and running!

I've decided to make a small website for reading exchange, nothing too complex.

Also joined TarotTrade in yahoo groups.

Lilli