Oracle de Belline: Index

RavenDarkWind

This is my first time starting a study group, so sorry if anything doesn't seem to make sense.

The Oracle de Belline was created sometime between 1845 and 1865 by the Magus Edmond. The cards were rediscovered in the 1950s by Marcel Belline, who made the oracle famous under his own name.

The deck has 53 cards: 7 cards for each of the 7 astrological planets, 3 significators, and an extra card used as a talisman.

The artwork is kind of simple, and I have some trouble with the symbols at times, but I'll try to share whatever knowledge I have.

Translation from French to English of the original Belline Oracle LWB

No Planet:
Card 1: Destiny
Card 2: The Man's Star
Card 3: The Woman's Star
Sun:
Card 4: Nativity
Card 5: Success
Card 6: Elevation
Card 7: Honors
Card 8: Thought/Friendship
Card 9: Countryside/Health
Card 10: Presents
Moon:
Card 11: Betrayal
Card 12: Departure
Card 13: Inconstancy
Card 14: Discovery
Card 15: The Water
Card 16: The Home
Card 17: Sickness
Mercury:
Card 18: Change
Card 19: Money
Card 20: Intelligence
Card 21: Theft/Loss
Card 22: Projects
Card 23: Trade
Card 24: News
Venus:
Card 25: Pleasure
Card 26: Peace
Card 27: Union
Card 28: Family
Card 29: Love
Card 30: The Table
Card 31: Passions
Mars:
Card 32: Wickedness
Card 33: Trial
Card 34: Despotism
Card 35: Enemies
Card 36: Negotiations
Card 37: Fire
Card 38: Accident
Jupiter:
Card 39: Support
Card 40: Beauty
Card 41: Heritage
Card 42: Wisdom
Card 43: Renown
Card 44: Chance
Card 45: Happiness
Saturn:
Card 46: Misfortune
Card 47: Sterility
Card 48: Fate
Card 49: Grace
Card 50: Ruin
Card 51: Delay
Card 52: Cloister

RavenDarkWind

Finally, all 52 of the cards have been posted. There's also a blue card, which is seen as a talisman, but it's kind of like a Happy Squirrel. It adds a positive meaning to the reading, basically.

Chiska

Translation of LWB (French to English)

Please visit this thread to view a translation of the Oracle de Belline LWB from the Original French to English.

Padma

Finally, all 52 of the cards have been posted. There's also a blue card, which is seen as a talisman, but it's kind of like a Happy Squirrel. It adds a positive meaning to the reading, basically.

Interestingly, in the original LWB written by Belline, the blue card was intended merely as a replacement for any missing card.

decan

I like very much this little oracle, quite unconventional with its curious imagery.
Nevertheless it seems a bit difficult to tame it at times, or we need patience or to be in the right energy, I don't know.

Actually in french language we have several books concerning this oracle, but the majority of them are uninteresting and even if one or two are a little bit better it's really difficult to recommand one...
The LWB (which actually is a little red book in 3 languages is short).

On the web I had found something interesting, on a blog, therefore, free access!!
There are some explanations for each of the 52 cards + the blue card, it isn't too long but interesting.
I think there is a copyright with regard to these texts so I can't translate without permission from the blog's author (and it would be as well too long for me, even with an appropriated permission).
However I think that you can easily translate the texts with an online machine translation.

I give you below the links concerning 3 cards (chosen at random), but if you search in the blog you will find the text corresponding to each of the 52 cards.

Card 0: Blue

Torann

I like very much this little oracle, quite unconventional with its curious imagery.
Nevertheless it seems a bit difficult to tame it at times, or we need patience or to be in the right energy, I don't know.

Actually in french language we have several books concerning this oracle, but the majority of them are uninteresting and even if one or two are a little bit better it's really difficult to recommand one...
The LWB (which actually is a little red book in 3 languages is short).

On the web I had found something interesting, on a blog, therefore, free access!!
There are some explanations for each of the 52 cards + the blue card, it isn't too long but interesting.
I think there is a copyright with regard to these texts so I can't translate without permission from the blog's author (and it would be as well too long for me, even with an appropriated permission).
However I think that you can easily translate the texts with an online machine translation.

I give you below the links concerning 3 cards (chosen at random), but if you search in the blog you will find the text corresponding to each of the 52 cards.

Card 0: Blue

There is one book that i find quite good. It's called L'oracle de Belline Les dessous de votre avenir by Colette Silvestre. I use that book all the time.

Vanchica

Requsting Permission to offer soon-to-be-released Belline deck to stufy group members

Raven, there is a new version of the Oracle Belline coming out shortly- I'd like permission to offer up to 10 decks of cards for free (free shipping worldwide) to the members of the study group. Please let me know if you don't object, people can PM me an address. Mailings are going out this week and next.

Sample image attached

Attachments

• 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 867

decan

It is a nice owl, but is this a final version of the card or a sketch?

danieljuk

decan enabled me seeing it in a reading and I am now interested in this oracle. I just wondered if people thought it gave good readings and if you can read the curious (that is the perfect word decan) artwork intuitively?

Is there one deck better or different of the oracle? I have been searching for it on ebay and other places.

well done RavenDarkWind for all the work you put in to the study group! It's going to be so useful if I do buy it and thanks to Padma for translating the French on that thread :thumbsup: