Paranoia club anyone?

Emma313

Or is it a mindset and behaviours learnt?

Sometmes things happen and you are sensitive or on a guilt trip and an overwhelming fear engulfs you,..its paranoia

Today whilst driving this carwith a camera was behind me, it was blaring out music like ive never heard, not loud but louder than loudh, i mean insanely loud and its bumper was on my tail, ok there was a traffic jam and everythhg bkockedg ahead as well with roadworks and buses broken down and spook looking people all around

That car with the music sounded like a bunch of violent right wing punks, gosh when i turned into my road i was glad they drove on and they werent fillowing me, took me all day to get over it...:(

In my rational head i kept saying errr you werent the only person on the road, err, no one is following you, err its impossible anyone could know where you were to start followng you etc take it easy etc etc

I really fkn HATE it it screws me right up

I put it down to guilt gult tripping, sorry not sure why i put this n spirituality, maybe cos i think i have to learn a lesson? Me thinking i was being lynched is cos in doing it to someone else?. But Im not! Although some people say i am (not personally but by association) they are full of shit anyway

RiverRunsDeep

Sorry to hear about your creepy experience. I'm glad it turned out to be nothing!
Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with being a little paranoid. After practicing martial arts for several years, I am in the habit of paying close attention to who is around me, how they are behaving, and how it might affect me. Sometimes, your safety depends on your awareness of your surroundings. Better safe than sorry!!

Calayvie

Maybe a lesson for you might be about judgement.
Maybe, they were very nice kind people just looking the part of gangsters or whatever. Enjoying their music.

Like some people that look as tough as nails bikie looking etc but are really fluffy kittens inside.

How do you think they may have judged you? Do you appear to be something you aren't inside authentically?

People can be so quick to judge, and that's good for your safety in a way, I agree about avoiding danger and being cautious. But then again a lot of serial killers and psychopaths look as normal as anything, some even with the whole wife and 2 kids, work at the police station stuff.
And then, I think statistically you're more likely to be hurt by someone you know, but that may depend on your country/area.

So maybe its about thinking about how you judge people. But stay safe as well :)

I can imagine your paranoia too, I've felt similar. Its not nice on a lonely country road at night when someone's up your butt for no good reason. The mind starts to panic!

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

celticnoodle

Both posts above me offer great thoughts to the paranoia you felt, Emma and I agree with both of their thoughts on this issue too.

However, it also irritates me to be put in similar situations. It drives me nuts when a car has its music booming so loud that it shakes their car and they are parked on the highway next to me or sitting outside at the stop sign in front of my home.

That said, I do have a family member who is often judged by the way he looks. To be quite honest, if I didn't know him, and came up on him while alone on the sidewalk or street, he'd scare the hello out of me too. He is big and muscular and has tattoos everywhere and shaves his head. Talk about scary! But, he is also a very gentle soul. A loving man. But I only know this because he's a family member.

I also have another family member who has long hair, dresses somewhat sloppily and has been a hippy since the 1960s. :laugh: he always looks stoned, (who knows-probably is) and he's so layed back that if you didn't know him (or even do know him), you'd question whether or not he was stoned out of his mind. *shrugs*

The thing is--its hard when you come upon anyone who is forcing you out of your comfort zone. So, it is always best to be very aware of what and whom is around you, as Riverrunsdeep mentions. Do all you can to keep yourself safe. In that same predictament, I'd have been scared myself, and would've most likely ended up with a major migraine too.

(((Emma)))

DDwarks

Isn't it anxiety more than paranoia???

Emma313

Sorry to hear about your creepy experience. I'm glad it turned out to be nothing!
Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with being a little paranoid. After practicing martial arts for several years, I am in the habit of paying close attention to who is around me, how they are behaving, and how it might affect me. Sometimes, your safety depends on your awareness of your surroundings. Better safe than sorry!!

Hey you, makes sense to me too!
Thank you Riveruns deep, sometimes we do see thngs and they have nothing todo with us but better to know than not know x

Emma313

Maybe a lesson for you might be about judgement.
Maybe, they were very nice kind people just looking the part of gangsters or whatever. Enjoying their music.

Like some people that look as tough as nails bikie looking etc but are really fluffy kittens inside.

How do you think they may have judged you? Do you appear to be something you aren't inside authentically?

People can be so quick to judge, and that's good for your safety in a way, I agree about avoiding danger and being cautious. But then again a lot of serial killers and psychopaths look as normal as anything, some even with the whole wife and 2 kids, work at the police station stuff.
And then, I think statistically you're more likely to be hurt by someone you know, but that may depend on your country/area.

So maybe its about thinking about how you judge people. But stay safe as well :)

I can imagine your paranoia too, I've felt similar. Its not nice on a lonely country road at night when someone's up your butt for no good reason. The mind starts to panic!

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

LOL calayvie you made laugh here about the guys mght be nice
but maybe theyre serial killers too xxx thank you so much for your post
It wasnt me judgng them cos i coulnt see them they were behnd me and i darent look back anyway i was frozen with fear anyway was more of a personal psychological thng ie i thought it was a cosmic warning/lesson to not x y or z but ive never done anythng that bad to b reflected to me like that but then maybe i have and dont realise it..,maybe its someone making me thnk ive done somethng bad, dunno

Emma313

Both posts above me offer great thoughts to the paranoia you felt, Emma and I agree with both of their thoughts on this issue too.

However, it also irritates me to be put in similar situations. It drives me nuts when a car has its music booming so loud that it shakes their car and they are parked on the highway next to me or sitting outside at the stop sign in front of my home.

That said, I do have a family member who is often judged by the way he looks. To be quite honest, if I didn't know him, and came up on him while alone on the sidewalk or street, he'd scare the hello out of me too. He is big and muscular and has tattoos everywhere and shaves his head. Talk about scary! But, he is also a very gentle soul. A loving man. But I only know this because he's a family member.

I also have another family member who has long hair, dresses somewhat sloppily and has been a hippy since the 1960s. :laugh: he always looks stoned, (who knows-probably is) and he's so layed back that if you didn't know him (or even do know him), you'd question whether or not he was stoned out of his mind. *shrugs*

The thing is--its hard when you come upon anyone who is forcing you out of your comfort zone. So, it is always best to be very aware of what and whom is around you, as Riverrunsdeep mentions. Do all you can to keep yourself safe. In that same predictament, I'd have been scared myself, and would've most likely ended up with a major migraine too.

(((Emma)))

I know it could have been my own daughter with her radio n full blast, not my fault m closng n 60 lol, it was all a much ado about nothing, just a congestion of wrll, traffic and loud people and my own anxiety about issues, i have ths bloody horrible habit of connecting stuff b ny mind when there no connection, sad tosay it all started when i studied astrology and then read loads of philosophies and all sorts,about everything being connected kind of screwed my mind up, oh well

Emma313

Isn't it anxiety more than paranoia???

Probabky ddwarks, im an anxiouss sort of person, can never relax, always thnking the worse, but ive been working on it lately to good avail due to accepting oneself more and really mind relaxing but u get flashbacky things sometimes when pressure is around you

Anyway to all you lovely people here, thank you and you have a choice, gypsg kings stone roses or barry white

Love from me

Xxx

I
Chose1 for fun and dance and celebration of life, 2 for exorcising all stress,and a good head nodding, and general body shakng and going mad if the neighbours arent watchng, 3 for ultra romance and loevey dovey mood and dreams which at the end if the day we all need too

http://youtu.be/mifnMC_Kn1Q
http://youtu.be/S1Ke19kxGp8

http://youtu.be/Fcd3XuQwDQQ

I love the gypsy kings and that stone roses tune want it at my funeral lol played LOUD ie louder than those youngsters that spooked me in the traffic x lol how smething that reallyfreaked you out can have you laughing next day...paranoia is shit..until the next time....which is not gonna happen cos I say so lol...I remember about 2 years ago I was scared by 2 youths looking at me intently whilst my car was stationary, wtf its their problem not mine