People and time in readings?

Wizardcub

Hello All,

I am new to this site and must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the insightful posts here. I thought I would take at shot at opening a discussion about something that has given me difficulty for quite some time.

I am curious to find out how some of you indentify other people related to the querant in a reading and answer questions related to time frames. I have searched several books for the basic instructions on this, but I have found that with most things tarot some other readers may have developed a new/different approach that is more helpful.

I have been studying tarot for several years and have recently begun giving very spiritually satisfying readings. This is the one aspect I'd like to develop more fully.

Thank you in advance for you assistance.

Eric :)

"I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues." - Duke Ellington

Thirteen

Hey Wizard,

Let's start with timeframes. Personally, I've not found that I can read much farther ahead (or behind for that matter) than 30-60 days. So events in the past are fairly recent or ongoing (or resurfacing--like a bad childhood experience), and events to come are fairly soon.

And 12 card year spreads are fairly general--one card giving an overview of the month.

R.T. Kaser in the book _Tarot in Ten Minutes_ (which I really can't recommend as a good book--but this one part is interesting), argues that if you want a time frame, use only the first ten cards when you ask the question. The answers, depending on what you turn up, are:

Magician: by the New Moon
HP: " Crescent Moon
Empress: " Full Moon
Emperor: " Quarter Moon
Hierophant: By Winter Solsitice
Lovers: By Spring Equinox
Chariot: By Summer Solstice
Strength/Justice: By the fall Equinox
Hermit: in a few days
Wheel of Fortune: within a year

As for recognizing people in spreads related to the querent, I usually interpet court cards that way, according to Zodiac sign--position also matters. In the spread I usually do, there's a position for "Home or mother" and if I get the Empress or a Queen in that position, well, it's probably mom. But if I get the Empress in a different position, say "creativity and children" then I'd interepet our Empress as signaling production and patience.

xeper

Quote:Wizardcub (06 Feb, 2002 03:07):
Hello All,

I am new to this site and must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the insightful posts here. I thought I would take at shot at opening a discussion about something that has given me difficulty for quite some time.

I am curious to find out how some of you indentify other people related to the querant in a reading and answer questions related to time frames. I have searched several books for the basic instructions on this, but I have found that with most things tarot some other readers may have developed a new/different approach that is more helpful.

I am no expert to be sure, but here is my take on what you've said. I don't usually see the actual people as related to the querent in the cards so much as I see the situation that person is too the querent; the aspect of themselves as reflected in the other person. "This is what they are too you, in the context of the situation about which you are asking".

For me the tarot is very much about how an individual evolves through a situation and not nescessarily just the objective hard and fast facts. I see things more in terms of the being of the querent and the general situation rather than "fine point" specifics.

Concerning timeframes, maybe its just my own veiw of time, but timeframes seem to involve a kind of linear process which I am not very interested in and so do not give readings based on such questions. I tend to think more in terms of cyclic time, all time is the present and exists as aspects of the present. Through such readings, elements can be identified which are most likely to be made manifest in the moment as it becomes but this isn't a certain thing. I think that there is no "predicting the future", reality is far to complex and chaotic. One can, however, get an intuitive, a priori sense of the development of a situation and in that way have a kind of foreknowledge, and that is what it is about for me.

The best I personaly can do as far as timeframes are concerned is identify those elements which have the best chance of becoming manifest in the situation, and those that are weakest and from there infer a rough timeframe.

To be really simplistic if you get a spread that shows, say, an ace at the begining and then a low card in the same suit and then suddenly at the end a face-card of the same suit, that would seem to indicate that the element of the situation represented by that suit is unfolding/manifesting very rapidly.

I hope my long rant helped in some way
:p