perfume smell

celticnoodle

Sitting here exploring A.T.s threads and enjoying myself and when I went to read a thread where I had posted a pic asking our dear GotH to try and read for me--an overwhelming smell of flowers--I think particularly a heavy smell of some flower I can't really identify but know I've smelled before--came over me.

Now, we have only arrived here in the home at noon today--having been gone since the 21st of Dec. I have not lit any candle or anything, and so this smell is definitely spiritual. It has gone away after I finished posting on GotH's thread--and then came back again briefly. I haven't any idea of whom this aroma (if perfume) would relate to in spirits that I knew alive, but can't discount that either. So, I am hoping to figure out whom it could belong to and what their message is for me by coming my way.

I love it when things like this occur, but wondered if anyone else here has this same sort of experience, smelling things--whether perfume or foods or whatever that you can associate with as a spiritual happening.

:bugeyed: OMG! just as I was typing this--in the middle of typing, my page turned to something else entirely--and it was a census record I had a copy of in my computer of my husband's ancestors! :laugh: I wonder if it was a message saying it was them???

Don't you just love this sort of thing? :D

Please share your stories too. I love to read things like this!

eta: I tried to copy the pic of the document that had appeared. It wasn't a copy of the census after all, but a copy of marriages from 1870. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to copy. I've tried everything I could think of--and mind, I'm not very computer literate--but I did think about copying it and pasting the info here. hopefully THIS will work! :laugh:

Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

1870 Russell County Virginia Marriages

Date

Groom
First Name

Groom
Last Name

Bride
First Name

Bride
Last Name

Grm
Brd
Groom
Marital
Status

Bride
Marital
Status

Groom
POB

Bride
POB

Groom
Parents Names

Bride
Parents Names

Minister

27/Oct/1870 P. P. (Patton) H. S. V. (Salina) H. 19 18 S S Russell Co. Russell Co. John & Sally H. William & Polly H. William H

31/Oct/1870 Charles Peck Elizabeth H. 21 17 S S Russell Co. Russell Co. William & Elizabeth Peck John & Sallie H. William H.

These two are the siblings of ancestors to my hubby. The picture I submitted are only related by marriage--but it could still be a message, I think. I just don't know how?. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Sorry its a bit of a mess to read--the titles above go with each portion of the information below it. I erased the rest of our surname. But, suffice it to say hub is a direct descendant of John & Sally "H". William H was the minister-and he was also a relative--I think brother to John, if I can remember correctly.

Thanks in advance!

Starri Knytes

Cigarette Smoke! OMG! I was working online with a young woman over a 10 period, who's deceased step-father was a smoker. It was so annoying! My office reeked the entire time!!
There have been others but none that lasted as long or were as pervasive.

You should post the census page and see if anyone here can pull something off of it.

Belinda2

My niece and I once smell beer like we were in the room with a dunk person, the beer smelled like a cheap beer, the smell was quite strong and lasted quite a while, we never found out what that was about

The Universe Knows

On occasion there's been sudden, unusual scents. Faint, and not ever an aroma I've ever had in the house. Then WHOOSH!--gone. Other oddities, though, happen more frequently. Much more frequently.

As for the computer, if your computer's like mine, it has PITA curmudgeons living inside, and they aren't always so playfully mischievous....lol.

But I like Starri's idea of posting it to see if someone can get a read/do a read on it.

celticnoodle

Cigarette Smoke! OMG! I was working online with a young woman over a 10 period, who's deceased step-father was a smoker. It was so annoying! My office reeked the entire time!!
There have been others but none that lasted as long or were as pervasive.

You should post the census page and see if anyone here can pull something off of it.

oh yes! My dad was a terrible smoker--6 packs a day!!! :bugeyed: I smell it often when he is around and I know its him, as it smells like his 'brand'. Also, generally if I smell it--its because its significant in some way to family happenings--or he ends up coming to me in my dreams within a few days too. :laugh:

Good idea, Starri about posting that census! I'll do that soon. thanks!

and thank you also for sharing your experience.

celticnoodle

My niece and I once smell beer like we were in the room with a dunk person, the beer smelled like a cheap beer, the smell was quite strong and lasted quite a while, we never found out what that was about

:eek: that is as bad, if not worse then smelling stale cigarette smoke!

When I have this happen and can't place it (like this one), I will ask my guides and ancestors to come to me and help me with the message it could mean. It may just be an ancestor in spirit, or more likely--its related to the picture I posted in GotH's thread. I am hopeful that I will get the answer soon.

thanks for sharing your experience.

GotH

You people have all had a bit of clairalience going. I've never really experienced this that I can recall off the top of my head. If something comes back to my memory, I'll be sure to share. :)

celticnoodle

On occasion there's been sudden, unusual scents. Faint, and not ever an aroma I've ever had in the house. Then WHOOSH!--gone. Other oddities, though, happen more frequently. Much more frequently.

As for the computer, if your computer's like mine, it has PITA curmudgeons living inside, and they aren't always so playfully mischievous....lol.

But I like Starri's idea of posting it to see if someone can get a read/do a read on it.

cool! Yes, I have all kinds of oddities happen too. Always did. I have a strange energy about me. I'm one that sometimes make light bulbs pop and cease to work. Computers often go bonky around me. When I go to my doctor--everything there is done by computer. But when I get into the office, 9 times out of 10, their computer in that office will die. all the others will work. just not the one in the office where I'm sitting. My doctor and the nurses and all are now use to it. so the dr will use 2 offices for my visit. One I sit in, and then she runs back and forth to another office next door to use the computer. :laugh:

Yes, my computer(s) and my tv is much like your computer--
PITA curmudgeons living inside
:laugh:

thanks for sharing.

starchaser1277

Cinnamon was a smell that filled my bedroom in November (I do not have anything that smells like cinnamon anything in my house) I looked up the spiritual meaning of cinnamon and one of its uses is for intuition and protection. I took it as a suggestion from my guides that I should be using this scent in my home, and bought cinnamon sticks and scented pine cones and placed them all over my house. Later in the month I began to devote a lot of my time into studying Reiki and chakras. Cinnamon is used to help strengthen the Solar plexus (an area i had decided that needed some help to remove blockages)

Many years ago I did also smell a very oldish smelling cologne while driving in my car. I had called my husband at the time convinced that my father had died. I tried to reach my father via phone to no avail. I remember being hysterical thinking that something had happened to my father. My ex had thought I was crazy to associate a smell to mean anything at all and hung up the phone. Then his Aunt called him to tell him that his grandfather had passed. I don't know why I knew that the cologne had meant someone had passed away.

celticnoodle

You people have all had a bit of clairalience going. I've never really experienced this that I can recall off the top of my head. If something comes back to my memory, I'll be sure to share. :)

oh, I hope you do. I love this sort of thing.

I have a lot of the 'clair' abilities. clairvoyance, clairsentience, clairaudience, clairalience, claircognizance, clairgustance. It gets pretty interesting at times when I'm reading people. I can't make any of these occur, really--except possibly clairsentience (feeling). Sometimes when I travel astrally to others homes, I can feel things in their home. Especially the type of flooring--or if I am walking outside in their yard, I know if I am on a sidewalk, asphalt or grass or walking in dirt or on the beach, etc. Oh, and I can usually smell things in my customers homes if I am reading for them over the phone or via computer. I recall once really shocking my customer, because I could smell chicken noodle soup--and could sort of taste it too, I think. While she was talking (or rather, listening to me), with me, I told her this and she was excited, as she was making chicken noodle soup for her children at that same moment. :laugh:

needless to say--this doesn't happen all the time--wish it did! but when it does, it is cool. :)