Please help.

niah

Everyone's always dissing my deck. I got it at Barnes & Noble. It's called the Art of Tarot. It comes in a box with a small book and all 78 cards. The pictures aren't fancy or anything, so everyone says my deck stinks. Can someone cheer me up? My mom bought those cards for me and I like them.
:TEMPS

niah

http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=18215EBLEH&mscssid=41CSMCLDPR0E8MSE2WCX8BQNRVSJFFJ4&isbn=0760727112

You can't really see the cards though.

Liliana

Tell them where to shove it ;) If you like the deck and it works for you, use it. I actually hear is kind of cute, and it has an interesting Devil card. I wish there was someplace online to see some of the deck, why dont you describe it to us :) Might make some of us avid collectors run out and buy it. Better would be if you have acess to a scanner to scan some of the cards for us

lunalafey

I have not seen this deck, but I can relate to how you feel.
My first deck was the Native American Tarot. It is nothing fancy, the drawings are simple sketches with colored pencils. Most people don't really care for it because of the art work. I had a choice between several decks that day, some very pretty. But I went with the NA deck, I was drawn to it, and later became very VERY connected with it. I love my NA deck. I have had some very awsome moments with my deck.
Don't let others opinions get you down, you like your deck and that is all that matters. You have a special tie to your deck and that is meaningful.
I'm wondering WHY, What is the reason your friends give
as to why your deck stinks ?

Rhiannon

Have to agree with everyone else here. It's yours, and you like it. And that's all that matters. I have decks in my collection that others don't like and I'm sure some others here could say the same. Certain decks we're drawn to and some we're not.

Your deck looks like an excellent way to begin learning about Tarot. It has nice pictures, an informative book and it was inexpensive! That's terrific for a beginner! Some of the other decks out there are so pricey! I'd hate for you to have bought a really expensive deck and then found out it doesn't work for you, or that you (heaven forbid ;) ) aren't interested in learning more about the tarot.

What decks are your friends using that they think are so far superior to yours? One wonders....

Rhiannon :)

RedWood

Tell them to Piss off! Then tell them to feel free to buy you a "prettier" deck..You never know might be getting some new decks that way.

Lion-O

Quote:Originally posted by niah
Everyone's always dissing my deck. I got it at Barnes & Noble. It's called the Art of Tarot. It comes in a box with a small book and all 78 cards. The pictures aren't fancy or anything, so everyone says my deck stinks. Can someone cheer me up?
Sure thing. The people claiming your deck stinks stink :8.

Since most people already expressed their feelings about this (which I totally share) I simply can't add anything else then its your deck and like everything it really doesn't matter what people think. It only matters what you think and feel. After all; they aren't the ones who'll be doing the readings aren't they ?

So you really have nothing to worry about. As long you like the cards and they work for you all is good. And I can speak with some experience (not about people dissing my cards but having a "non regular" deck).

sarahenglish

I'll be checking that deck out at Barnes & Noble tomorrow! I think it looks great! I like the use of color, can't wait to see what the pictures actually look like!

MystiqueMoonlight

I wonder how many of these people who told you your deck "stinks" actually understand the cards or read them like a comic strip in the Sunday paper.

Hey if they work for you then that's it. I've not seen these either, but that doesn't really matter.

We'd love to hear the results you have gotten from a reading with them. Keep us posted.

Blessed be

Menmay

Your mom gave you that deck right, and that right away gives it a wonderful feel to it! Sure everyone is intiltled to their opinion but if you love them ..then scew those who say anything diffiernt!! Remember people that put you down are really only envey what you have.
Menmay