Pointing Every Action and Personality to Natal Chart and ignoring Social Cues ATM

Darth MI

Since its filled with vulgar language and is quite an aggressive post, I will just link the thread as I created it in another site.

http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/221941.html

I even admit I made such a thread just for the purpose of trolling several astrology communities but sadly most sites except for the one above deleted it. My primary intent wasn't even to troll but to send a message to the astrology as well as a commentary to the "if this than that" black and white rigid mentality found in the astrology community (though because of the stupidities of so many online astrology communities I made it a trolling thread).

I should also clarify I am not a Muslim but in actuality I'm actually atheist (albeit one who believes religion is essential for mankind).

Still as you seen in my post above, I notice a tendency for the astrology community to point every action to the chart regardless of the irl circumstnaces that led to it. A common one is to suddenly point out someone's Mercury is causing him to be rude and blunt (particularly if its in Aries, Capricorn, or Scorpio).............

Ignoring that you just called the person a N&GG* ! In one astrology site, there was discussion about a black guy going to jail after assaulting a white person as seen on the local news. One person was commenting how the black convict's Mercury in Scorpio was what led to the fight because it caused him to spur back insults to the white man's comments and eventually the white man started escalating it to racial slurs. In addition users began pointing it was his Mars in Aries and his Aries dominated chart that caused hin to beat the white man up.

Uuuuh N***** is a serious racist slur! Any one who's American should know just how evil this word is to black people and to call a black person hurts as much as actually hitting him. I don't care if he is a Cancer, he has a Pisces dominant chart, his Mars is in Taurus, blah blah blah blah blah. Very few black people would simply let the N word comment slide out with no consequences.

As for the Mercury in Scorpio and the retaliatory comments, the black guy is a freaking convict who was just released from jail! Any one who actually read anything about prison rape and life behind bars and the associated violence would know that someone in prison is expected to be tough enough not to let someone get away with an insult. Actually the black guy show restraint initially when he merely strike back with words. In prison, they wouldn't even bother with retaliatory insults, they would simply just punch you right away and knock your teeth out. So the black's responding to verbal insults by the white had nothing to do with Mercury in Scorpio at all but had to do with the black guy living behind bars for 3 years and adopting the "prison gang" mentality.

Since there is so many examples, I'm just going to post one more incident.

The Muslim rant in the link above was inspired after I seen a Methodist poster get banned because he bluntly called the poster idiots. Rather than actually understanding the Methodist guy was sending aggressive comments because they repeatedly mocked Christianity as a fraud religion in the site. they started pointing out its the "negatives of his Mercury in Aries" and the Methodist guy got so angry he continued responding with vulgar language.

Come on negative of his "Mercury in Aries"? The guy is not only religious but he stated previously he was a on his way to becoming a pastor in his local chapel! I am pretty sure other people with more mellow Mercury placements such as Mercury in Pisces or Mercury in Taurus would have been just as pissed and likely respond with aggression as someone with a Mercury in Aries or Scorpio. Religion is an incredibly sensitive topic, on the same scale as the Black guy getting into a fight N word incident.

it seems as though most people in the astrology community are replacing their common sense and social cues and interaction by natal readings! Why I won't deny correlating certain personality types and temperament and even actions tot he chart can be interesting ad a fun experience, let's draw a fine line and remember that certain social actions will enrage someone to hit you regardless of what their charts say. So you're saying all the violence against flagburners are done by people who are Aries/Capricorn hybrid? Ignoring the flag is a sacred symbol of utmost importance, one that symbolizes your society and country and its only proper anyone who is a somebody would get pissed and/or shocked?

For Christ sake common sense guys! That guy at the grocery show hit you because you insulted his mom as a whore not because he was Scorpio dominant with a Scorpio Mars and he was displaying the legendary Scorpio vindictiveness....... I'm Aquarius dominant and I would hit a guy to if he implied my mom was a slut!

Its like so many in the astrology community was never taught basic social cues!

PrincessPaulina

You seem really intent on instigating and provoking people to get your point across!
So where is your Mercury, hmmm?

These types of forums are created mainly for asking questions.
If you really want to vent or "educate" the Astrology community, why don't you just start your own Blog, that would be much more appropriate as a platform for your ideas....

Minderwiz

I agree

I've given a lot of latitude to these posts but I'm sure the tone puts members off responding. Also creating several parallel threads making essentially the same point is not going to help matters either.

There are some valid questions in them but they are mostly lost in the rhetoric. There is, for example, a valid case for considering Hitler's chart to look for indications (or lack thereof) for the excesses associated with him but that requires a serious approach, not a confrontational one. It's also a topic that's been done to death already.