Premonitions

Grizabella

I wasn't sure where this thread should be, so I just picked where I thought it might fit.

I have a book called The Science of Premonitions: How knowing the future can help us avoid danger, maximize opportunities, and create a better life. The author is Dr. Larry Dossey. I really recommend this book, even though I'm not through reading it yet. I know some of his other works and he's very much into the spiritual. He was involved with a wholistic hospital at one time. I don't remember the name of it but I was really impressed with his book Healing Words.

There's another book by him that I have coming in the mail called The Extraordinary Healing Power of Ordinary Things.

This Premonition book, though, also tells how to encourage ourselves to have premonitions. He meditates so I'm thinking that's part of the process.

The advances in this area are really exciting and validating for me and I'm sure for others. Along with Dean Radin PhD and Amit Goswammi having scientifically proven psychic abilities are for real, there are other books being written that are confirming that this ability exists.

celticnoodle

Oh, thank you, Griz! These books sound like great ones that I'd enjoy. I still have Barnes and Noble gift cards I received as Christmas gifts last year with money on them. I may check it out to finish out those cards before THIS Christmas comes in. :D

I am really interested in the Premonitions book as I often have premonitions myself and never know exactly what to do with them when it is for another person. I had some premonitions about a friend of mine for the last few months and I wasn't able to get ahold of her to see how things were going. Not an unsual thing for her--as she owns her own shop and practically lives there as a result. She is not one to talk on the phone and even though she'll read letters sent to her, takes her awhile to respond back. Just because she's so busy. I finally heard from her last week and my premonition turned out to be correct, but a wee bit late to help her. If only we lived close to each other, I would've been able to drive to her store.

I've had this happen numerous times with neighbors, friends and family too of course. Maybe his book will help me to be able to help those I have these premonitions for. I often am unsure if the person will be open to what I *know* about though. Anyway, off to explore those books, as I have 3 already in my shopping cart there! Thanks again, Griz.

Grizabella

You're very welcome! I've skimmed a little bit in the book about premonitions and it does tell how to increase premonitions and how to use them to help others as well as oneself. I'm finishing up some other books before I start this one but

Dean Radin and Amit Goswammi books are also extremely good. Some of Dean's books can be kind of technically "thick" with details on the experiments they've done, but they're very helpful and enlightening and what I like most is learning that psychic abilities are scientifically proven to exist. For such a long time the scientists scoffed at those things and would point out that they'd never been scientifically proven to exist, but now that's all changed. Both authors have PhD's in their fields and interestingly enough, they both teach classes at the University of Oregon.

I'll go through and make a list of the books I have by these other two guys too, and post the names of them later today.

Dr. Larry Dossey is an M.D. and I've read another book by him years ago called Healing Words. He had done experiments on prayer and whether or not it helped with healing. He said that his patients healed more quickly and some healed that he thought would have no chance. He said that he'd experimented using a full range of spiritual beliefs and even those who considered themselves not at all spiritually keen like agnostics and others. The people prayed for really did respond more positively and quickly. This study was done without the patients being told they were being prayed for and the patients themselves were also of a wide range of spiritual beliefs and included patients with no spiritual beliefs or practices. Very, very interesting.

Dr. Dossey also worked at a medical center geared toward healing methods like music. The hospital (or healing center) was built so that patients could hear music played throughout the hospital and so that there were many other things present that he found helped with healing.

celticnoodle

You're very welcome! I've skimmed a little bit in the book about premonitions and it does tell how to increase premonitions and how to use them to help others as well as oneself. I'm finishing up some other books before I start this one but

Dean Radin and Amit Goswammi books are also extremely good. Some of Dean's books can be kind of technically "thick" with details on the experiments they've done, but they're very helpful and enlightening and what I like most is learning that psychic abilities are scientifically proven to exist. For such a long time the scientists scoffed at those things and would point out that they'd never been scientifically proven to exist, but now that's all changed. Both authors have PhD's in their fields and interestingly enough, they both teach classes at the University of Oregon.

I'll go through and make a list of the books I have by these other two guys too, and post the names of them later today.

Dr. Larry Dossey is an M.D. and I've read another book by him years ago called Healing Words. He had done experiments on prayer and whether or not it helped with healing. He said that his patients healed more quickly and some healed that he thought would have no chance. He said that he'd experimented using a full range of spiritual beliefs and even those who considered themselves not at all spiritually keen like agnostics and others. The people prayed for really did respond more positively and quickly. This study was done without the patients being told they were being prayed for and the patients themselves were also of a wide range of spiritual beliefs and included patients with no spiritual beliefs or practices. Very, very interesting.

Dr. Dossey also worked at a medical center geared toward healing methods like music. The hospital (or healing center) was built so that patients could hear music played throughout the hospital and so that there were many other things present that he found helped with healing.

That would be lovely, Griz, thank you! I happen to KNOW that there are such things as psychic abilities, (as I have them and grew up in a family who had these abilities). I didn't always appreciate the abilities when I was younger and didn't quite understand how to use them, but I do appreciate them now and try to always use them wisely.

As for prayers, well I also know that they work too! I am BIG on prayers and sending good energies as well. I not only know they work, but am living proof myself that they do work too, as I've had many a miracle in my own life, and sure its due to prayers being said for me.

I also believe that music and even colors can work wonders in healing. Having soft comforting colors around you when you're ill - I know is more effective in the healing practice. It seems that professionals are becoming more and more aware and welcoming of using such practices in the treatment of health. I lucked out that my last doctor, (who recently moved, sadly), was more then willing to support me in trying natural cures as long as I ran them by her first due to the medications I am on and take regularly. Sadly, I have to start over w/a new doctor and hoping that I'll have the same support.