Queen of Pents rx and the fool as personality?

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi everyone,

I did a reading for a friend about a guy she is dating and he showed up as the queen of pents rx. My first thought was money issues, not grounded or stable. When I clarified, the fool came up. Could this mean very foolish with money, or just someone who is fancy free and not stable in the sense that he is not wanting a relationship.

Thoughts?

I know many people don't factor in genders, but does it matter that the queen showed up and not a king or a knight?

Thoughts?

headincloud

How did you address the question exactly? did you specifically ask for his personality or is this just his card, just curious.

CaliforniaVirgo

How did you address the question exactly? did you specifically ask for his personality or is this just his card, just curious.

Good question. Now that I think of it, the card just represents him. Although "him" could be many different aspects of himself, no? perhaps I need to be clearer next time.

obeygravity

The first thing that comes to mind when I see this combo is careless. The Queen of Pentacles is usually very selfless, very nurturing. She functions under the expectation of providing for her projects and her people in order to watch them grow. Make her reversed (and ill-dignified with the fool) and you get someone who likely doesn't like having to deal with responsibility or will do whatever it takes to get out of dealing with their responsibilities. They want to not care, they want to not feel pressured to nurture and grow something. They just want to be able to do whatever they want, happily willing to let other people take over for them.

CaliforniaVirgo

The first thing that comes to mind when I see this combo is careless. The Queen of Pentacles is usually very selfless, very nurturing. She functions under the expectation of providing for her projects and her people in order to watch them grow. Make her reversed (and ill-dignified with the fool) and you get someone who likely doesn't like having to deal with responsibility or will do whatever it takes to get out of dealing with their responsibilities. They want to not care, they want to not feel pressured to nurture and grow something. They just want to be able to do whatever they want, happily willing to let other people take over for them.

Thank you for this. I also feel this is what this combo is saying. I never saw it as them not wanting to care, but with the fool I can see how that could be so.

headincloud

I don't know but gut feeling is the queen rx is how he's seeing her and the fool is a new start as in moving on, does the female fit the character at all?

CaliforniaVirgo

I don't know but gut feeling is the queen rx is how he's seeing her and the fool is a new start as in moving on, does the female fit the character at all?

Well I always thought that clarifiers were just that; repeating the message in a clearer way, not giving a brand new message. So the two things these cards have in common is probably lack of stability/carelessness/not concerned with money/ etc.

He doesn't really know her. He was a potential guy should was going to date. I don't know if I see her as the queen of pents rx anyway. Yes, in the past she was awful with money and not stable...she still isn't very stable emotionally, but has a solid job...

SunChariot

Hi everyone,

I did a reading for a friend about a guy she is dating and he showed up as the queen of pents rx. My first thought was money issues, not grounded or stable. When I clarified, the fool came up. Could this mean very foolish with money, or just someone who is fancy free and not stable in the sense that he is not wanting a relationship.

Thoughts?

I know many people don't factor in genders, but does it matter that the queen showed up and not a king or a knight?

Thoughts?

The way I read....

The gender of the card makes no difference at all in any way shape or form. The main figure in the card just always represents the person the question is about, no matter what.

So yes the Queen would have represented that guy, if the question was directly about him. IF the question had been something like what will the friend feel for the guy in the future, then the card would have been about her. Depends on the question of course.

But if he showed up as the Queen of Pents reversed.... and all I can do is give you what it would mean for me. We all have slightly different meanings and ways of doing reversals....but for me it would mean that life and the universe are working with your friend when it comes to achieving her goals of what she would like to have with him. That whatever she wants to create, her life will work with her and alongside her to create it. Luck is going to be on her side.

The Fool as a clarifier to me would say that she can let go of any worry and expect things to work out for the best. Which is a reiteration of the message of the last card saying that her life will work by her side to create the best in the relationship.

Now those are my meanings. There is nothing wrong with seeing something related to being foolish in the Fool if that is your meaning. That is perfectly valid too. If that is your meaning that will be the one that comes up. The cards send us the answers using the meanings they know are ours.

Babs

CaliforniaVirgo

The way I read....

The gender of the card makes no difference at all in any way shape or form. The main figure in the card just always represents the person the question is about, no matter what.

So yes the Queen would have represented that guy, if the question was directly about him. IF the question had been something like what will the friend feel for the guy in the future, then the card would have been about her. Depends on the question of course.

But if he showed up as the Queen of Pents reversed.... and all I can do is give you what it would mean for me. We all have slightly different meanings and ways of doing reversals....but for me it would mean that life and the universe are working with your friend when it comes to achieving her goals of what she would like to have with him. That whatever she wants to create, her life will work with her and alongside her to create it. Luck is going to be on her side.

The Fool as a clarifier to me would say that she can let go of any worry and expect things to work out for the best. Which is a reiteration of the message of the last card saying that her life will work by her side to create the best in the relationship.

Now those are my meanings. There is nothing wrong with seeing something related to being foolish in the Fool if that is your meaning. That is perfectly valid too. If that is your meaning that will be the one that comes up. The cards send us the answers using the meanings they know are ours.

Babs

Hi and thank you!

I agree. It can be tricky since we each have our own connection with our decks. I was picking up that he is unstable, especially with money, and perhaps a live in the moment kind of guy. It seems so far I was correct as he bailed on their date last minute, with a lame excuse, and has not tried to re-schedule

SunChariot

Hi and thank you!

I agree. It can be tricky since we each have our own connection with our decks. I was picking up that he is unstable, especially with money, and perhaps a live in the moment kind of guy. It seems so far I was correct as he bailed on their date last minute, with a lame excuse, and has not tried to re-schedule

I say if that's what you were picking up, go with it. Then that is the answer. Always follow your intuition in Tarot, is what I always say. :grin:

Babs