Question about the NEED to do a reading

cj

Hi all,

This morning I had a driving need to do a reading. It was the weirdest thing. I took out my cards, they were cold, so I shuffled and shuffled and then a few fell out. I picked up the fallen cards and layed them out. They gave me advise about a situation I have been avoiding for some time.

Is there a name for this desire, need?

This happens to me when dealing with others, but not usually for myself.

cj

MeeWah

cj: I see that as the inner prompting that precipitates all actions on one's part before a deed. Some things are done by so automatically they preclude any conscious decision--especially if they are part of one's daily life. When one is moved to do a reading for self, it is guidance at work in which case it is wise to heed it as a message forthcoming or available.

Kiama

I often get this: I'll be doing soething totally non-Tarot related and suddenly I'll have this burning desire to do a reading... And I usually find that the cards tell me something that I have been wondering about for a while, but which I haven't thought to ask them about it already!

It's a strange thing. In the words of Othello:

"Twas strange, 'twas passing strange.
Twas pitiful, 'twas wondrous pitiful.'

(I'm gradually being brainwashed by my English teacher...)

Kiama

deso

Isn't that an amazing connection to the divine (whatever else you want to call it)? I too have had this experience many times. Sometimes I get it also when to meditate - with a big revelation in its wake. I just love the Higher Self and the Universe and all Wondrous Beings and all sentient beings!!!! Continued Love and peace to you, cj.

Mystick Dragon

I do that all the time. It's strange, I'll be thinking something different, then, BOOM my deck is out and a reading erupting. I've so fondly called either "Reading-syndrome" or "Tarot-syndrome"

--Dragon

Sam

maybe it's OCD