Reading with Minors only - Gypsy spread (with pictures!)

Padma

This can be done two ways - this is the first way, for maximum information:

-Remove all the Majors from the deck, and place to one side. Shuffle and cut the Minors.

-take the Minors out three at a time, and pull out the highest value card in the trio. (you need to decide if the Ace is higher than the rest, or not, before beginning!) Place the high value card aside, and discard the other two off to the side. Keep doing this till you have 21 cards.

-If you get a pair, (i.e. 2 Sevens) keep the pair and discard the third card.

-If you get a trio (i.e. 3 Aces or three Fours) keep all three.

-Now that you have 21 cards, make a horseshoe shape with them, (in the order they were drawn) or a semi-circle. Read every third card for info about the querent, what is going on in general for them. Once you have done this, pair the cards, two at a time, by drawing one from each side (the mirror mates of each) of the circle. Build upwards with the pairs, until you have what looks like a wheat sheaf, with the odd card out on the top.

-Read all the pairs, using both cards in the pair to sum up information. The crowning card is like the final outcome card, if you will.

After you have done this, gather up and shuffle the 21 cards, while focusing on a wish. Cut the cards in two, put them back together, then lay them out into the following piles, one card at a time (so you repeat the action of laying each card into each pile three times) In the end, each pack or fan should have 3 cards in it:

Pack or fan #1: This is you.

Pack or fan#2: This is what surrounds you.

Pack or fan #3: This is what you expect.

Pack or fan #4: This is what you don't expect.

Pack or fan #5: This is a great surprise.

Pack or fan #6: This is what is sure to come true.

Pack or fan #7: This is the state of the wish (if it will come true or not).

-The second way to do this spread is to only do the last part, shuffling the whole deck of cards and laying them into packs, till you have three cards in each pack, for a total of seven packs. You can do that with or without the majors, up to you!

I have attached pics of all the processes, hope it helps. Sorry, they are a bit blurry!

(for the curious, my cat's name is Sky, my green ring is made of Seraphinite, and the deck I used was the Buckland Romani :) )

Attachments

• step 1 (640x640).jpg
    step 1 (640x640).jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 325
  • step two (640x640).jpg
    step two (640x640).jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 325
  • step 3.jpg
    step 3.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 284
  • step four.jpg
    step four.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 282
  • step 5 (640x640).jpg
    step 5 (640x640).jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 316

WindStarsBhakti

nice! i just wish i could get myself that deck!

starlightexp

This is fascinating.. I think I may have to give it a try

Padma

nice! i just wish i could get myself that deck!

I believe you can still purchase the second edition from the printing company that makes it...however, the spread can be done with any deck!

This is fascinating.. I think I may have to give it a try

Oh, do! It is easy to do, and you won't believe all the information that comes up! :) At one point when I did read pro, it was the only spread I used. So useful! :D

tigerkandy

This is an interesting spread. I think I might use it to help me with understanding the various types of situations the tarot can describe. I like how it incorporates your expectations and a surprise.

beccas

Just one queestion... you say to keep pairs, but what if the pairs are lower than the highest card? Eg. two 3's and an 8 come up. Still keep the pairs?

Thanks! Looking forward to giving it a go.
Bx

Padma

Just one queestion... you say to keep pairs, but what if the pairs are lower than the highest card? Eg. two 3's and an 8 come up. Still keep the pairs?

Thanks! Looking forward to giving it a go.
Bx

Hi beccas! Keep the pair, discard the high card :) I hope you enjoy using the spread!