Really, -really- silly question :)

Cillygirl14

Can anyone tell me the layout of the Celtic Cross spread? Just the normal, standard Celtic Cross? Only it wasn't given on the booklet with my deck, and when I've used the spread in the past I haven't written it down.

Thanks heaps!!!

Cel

Luned

you could argue that there's no such thing as a "normal standard" Celtic Cross, there's umpteen variations on the theme, so it's hardly a silly question! But clearly you don't have enough decks and books yet if you can't lay your hands on several of the variations - come over to the dark side!

Try http://www.learntarot.com/ccross.htm for a fairly comprehensive discussion of the Celtic Cross. It's a really great site for beginners to spend time exploring.

Luned

Jimilyn

Luned suggested a great place to learn about one of the variations of the Celtic Cross spread.

I have seen several versions in books, with decks, and at sites online. What was suggested to me was to look at them and decide on one I'd like to use rather than flipping around from variation to variation. However, I haven't done many Celtic Cross spreads yet. I began learning tarot last summer and because of a new teaching assignment (spending looooooots of time at school) haven't taken the time to get really comfy with the CC. I have been doing mostly 3 card spreads. However, when I have done the Celtic Cross, it's been the one that you can find at the site Luned recommended.

Jimilyn