Recommended Palmistry Books

Cicero

Hello all!

I am in desperate search of a list of recommended books on palmistry. I have been practicing the art for, gosh over ten years now but I am in serious need of continuing education. I had one book when I first learned that is no longer in my possession and I can't even remember the name of anymore. It was amazing and from there I was off reading palms.

I'm actually in the process of turning 'pro' in my local area and I have no reliable references for those weird palms that may come up, or really a good book to maintain my skills.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

tarotlova

I have only one book but found it really informative The Book of Palmistry by Sasha Fenton & Malcom Wright :)

danieljuk

I was looking through the forums because I am sure I once saw a thread of recommended learning books but can't find it currently :(

however Cheiro's books are absolute classics! you can often find pdf's and ebooks for rights free on the internet or the books are cheap in second hand book shops. His book "palmistry for all" is a classic and he wrote others.

I am not sure of other books to recommend apart from that but AT has a study guide from years ago that might help you here

minotaur

Understand what the mounts mean. These meanings are astrologically based. The mounts are the batteries. You can have too much or too little or balanced. Nothing is good or bad by itself. It depends on context and what the rest of the hand is.

Now look at the lines. Where do they start and where do they end? What do they do on the way? Think of the lines as rivers of energy from the mounts. The lines are what is going on in their heart and soul.

Look at the fingers. This is energy going out to the world. How do the mounts and fingers shape this energy?

Read both hands. Left hand is the cards life dealt them. Right is what they have done with those cards. Reverse for lefties. The ambidextrous mix inner and outer worlds. Go with the hand they write with as the hand for the outer world.

Again see the above comment about good and bad. If you understand where the meanings come from you will be reading from your heart. This allows you to paint beautiful pictures their heart can understand and nothing will ever stump you.

For expansion of this approach see the book Palm Reading Plain and Simple by Dean Montalbano.

Also look at www.modernhandreadingforum.com

Cicero

Thanks so much for the tip off minotaur. It will be great to have a dedicated community to learn from.

Cherio is defiantly on my list and I was pleased to see it in public domain. Next on the list is Benham, apparently his was published around the same time as Cherio so I look forward to reading both, which are in public domain.

I can'tell exactly explain why but for what ever reason, I have been resistant to look for another book on the topic as I've read two more and they were just awful. Not to mention all the books on cold readings, which are plain annoying. Even more so annoying is being accused of cold reading.

Smiling

Thanks so much for the tip off minotaur. It will be great to have a dedicated community to learn from.

Cherio is defiantly on my list and I was pleased to see it in public domain. Next on the list is Benham, apparently his was published around the same time as Cherio so I look forward to reading both, which are in public domain.

I can'tell exactly explain why but for what ever reason, I have been resistant to look for another book on the topic as I've read two more and they were just awful. Not to mention all the books on cold readings, which are plain annoying. Even more so annoying is being accused of cold reading.

I really like Benham's book (even with the gender and racial stereotypes to keep an eye out for!) There's a lot there to work with to create a good foundation for understanding the fundamentals of palmistry, and how to work in line variations.

You may be doing this already, but I find that another great resource would be keeping track of the readings you do to analyze patterns that way.