Reiki questions

GeminiLady

Hi gang,

I've scheduled my Reiki I class for Nov 4 and I am really looking forward to it. I was hoping someone could answer something for me.....

Aside from the ability to channel healing energies to people/things...what are some of the other benefits of learning Reiki?

I'm being told that my body is in such serious need of a cleansing that I will not be able to use the healing techniques effectively for some time. (specifically that I will continue to see a lack of energy for healing) She's saying that it's due to some medication that I was on and my tendency to think chocolate replacing fruit and vegetables is a good thing..(I know..I know....)

I spoke to my friend because she does readings herself (she's quite good) and I wanted to get some clarification because my (Witches Tarot) cards were telling me that the Reiki benefits would be wonderful for me, but that I will not be using it in the way I am expecting to. It's mainly emphasizing spiritual growth and telling me to STUDY STUDY STUDY

Interesting to me because I feel such a strong pull in the area of Reiki and have recently taken an interest in learning about the Kabbalah..I feel like someone is literally pulling me by the hand...It's something that I just have to do. From what I am reading, it's not surprising that I would be interested in both of these things, there seems to be some common threads here.

Anyways, back to my question :) what I am asking is --does this make sense? Could an illness or "unhealthy" eating habits, etc prevent me from using this wonderful thing to help others? I'm taking the class even if this is true, but I would really appreciate the feedback.

Love and Light,
Gem

jade

reiki attunements create a cleansing in your body, mind and spirit. so to say that you won't be able to use it......well, i have no idea where someone would get that idea from.

i have my students do a 21 day cleansing cycle after an attunement. perhaps you can do this yourself after yours.

for 21 days (after your attunement) and 7 days before you cannot drink alcohol, take recreational drugs, and try to be as vegetarian as possible. (you try to live your reiki principles 'harm no living thing')

during these 21 days you reiki one chakra a day for 10-15 minutes (minimum).....a good time is at night before you go to sleep. you start with your base chakra (red) and work your way up your body, then you do it again and then again. so each chakra will be cleansed 3 times when you are done.

often people have flu like symptoms during the time after an attunement because it cleans out sooo much stuff.

enjoy your reiki. it not only allows you to channel healing energy, but it assists you in healing on all levels - physical, spiritual, mental, emotional, and sub-conscious levels. it assists with intuition - expect a big growth spurt......to say the least, you life will not look the same in a year!

i also suggest that you continue reikiing yourself every night before you go to sleep.......an excellent habit to get in to and remember.......your ability to channel grows the more you use it......so channel channel channel.

blessed be.
jade
reiki master/teacher

jade

oh...and by the way...........CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

love and light,
jade

GeminiLady

Thanks Jade!

Well..now...this has been a good lesson for me. What you said makes a lot of sense. I was also reading the Reiki II thread and saw where blue made a statement about it not being the person who is doing the healing, but used like a conducter.....

I rephrased my question to my cards to indicate that I realize the healing power will not be "by" me but "through" me...and wouldn't you know it, but my outcome now changes!

yes, I will still go through a period of cleansing..and yep, still badly needed..but it seems that the key was right in front of me. Keep an eye on my ego and don't forget this comes from a much higher power...ok, I feel silly now... :p

Love and Light, and feeling silly...LOL,
Gem

blue

Gem;

I agree with everything that Jade has told you. Why anyone would tell you that you would be unable to use Reiki is beyond me. (Like you were the most screwed up person in the world, and like it would matter if it were true). I sincerely hope that this didn?t come from your teacher, if so you may want to be on the look out for another and eventually make the change when the right one comes along.

There are people that I have had my doubts about when it came to requests for level 2 and 3 attunements but I can?t see discouraging anyone from getting a level 1 Reiki attunement. Reiki always brings positive changes in one?s life. It?s true that some people chose to never actively use Reiki but that doesn?t mean that it doesn?t bring promote growth and healing.

I wouldn?t worry myself unnecessarily if I were you. It?s true that you should study and learn as much about Reiki as you can but, at it most basic, Reiki is not an intellectual exercise. It?s very intuitive so trust yourself.

I know what you mean by feeling like you were being led by the hand to get involved in Reiki. The same thing happened to me and I am (or was) a very unlikely candidate for becoming a healer. I?m sure that you will do just fine, simply trust your inner guidance. Reiki produces healing in every life regardless of the situations.

Dee 04

This is probably a time in your life where you are very much in need of REIKI - I mean you will always need and use it but it all starts with self healing! It seems like you are aware of what your body needs and you are taking REIKI to take care of this. Sounds like you'll be a great practitioner one day! :) Good Luck.

GeminiLady

What I really think was happening is that I was asking the wrong question. --I asked if I would be able to heal people instead of will people be able to be healed through me. I was taking the credit, and because of that it threw everything off.

I need to remember that this will not come from me, as cool as it is ;) I will never heal anyone on my own, only with the help of a power much higher than me. In that way it makes sense. Ha! my first spiritual lesson... :)

Once I rephrased the question, it all came together. I spoke to my reader friend and she gave me a "well, DUH" answer...lol..and my cards basically the same.

Love and Light,
Gem

jade

blue,

may i take this opportunity to say that i love hearing what you have to say.

love and light,
jade

Dee 04

I agree. Blue has and continue to be very insightful and helpful. Especially wher REIKI is concerned. Thanks BLUE!!!

blue

Jade, Dee;

Thank you both for your kind words.

In spite of the steel plate in my head, I do occasionally have my moments of insight...and as an added bonus I can pick up short wave radio!