Response from an Ex SO

Ruby Jewel

I am making some long-needed changes in my life with regards to a couple of relationships. Perhaps it is connected with the eclipse in Pisces last March which was on my 0-degree Pisces ascendent and captured my 26-degree Aquarius Mars in the 12th house. Anyway, I have done a reading on an email I sent to my ex SO I have been in an on-and-off relationship with over the past 17 years with whom I have stayed in constant contact but have refused to see since he left me rather abruptly a couple of years ago. At his request, I made plans to go see him in September, but I just now decided it wasn't a good idea as I really do not want to take a chance of us getting back together for a third time around. In fact, I want to quit the clinging altogether and go our separate ways. Here are the cards I drew regarding how the email will go with him. I'm 74 yo Aries and he is 70 yo Leo.

22 Path
36 Cross
31 Sun
24 Heart
30 Lily

As I see it, this is a painful choice to be made (Path & Cross). Sun, Heart and Lily I really do not understand what they are saying other than there is a lot of love and joy between two people who have grown old together. It's true, but for some reason we can't seem to make it work. I know he will take it like the old Green Beret survivor that he is.

Rachx

Ah Ruby, I am just a "Lennie learner" but maybe it says follow the experiential wisdom (lily) of your heart. Maybe it's your journey (path) with a cross to bear and the success that comes from bearing it leads to success(sun), love, (heart) peace and wisdom for yourself rather than as a couple x
Do you read the central card as focus or read from left to right?

Ruby Jewel

Ah Ruby, I am just a "Lennie learner" but maybe it says follow the experiential wisdom (lily) of your heart. Maybe it's your journey (path) with a cross to bear and the success that comes from bearing it leads to success(sun), love, (heart) peace and wisdom for yourself rather than as a couple x
Do you read the central card as focus or read from left to right?

Hey you....great way to see this. I like it. Following separate paths leads to happiness and love....yes, that actually resonates with the way I'm seeing my life right now. It is very challenging taking an unknown road at this stage of life, but all I know is that life is for the living and the brave...it is the way I have always lived it, cutting through all the barnacles and letting life come to me with its own creative energy. When I try to control it, looking for security or material rewards, the spontaneity withers and dies. The only reason I have backtracked is for sentimental reasons. I can now see that these cards are saying just what you saw in it.... that going back is not the answer, one must get on the other side of the Cross in order to find Sun, Heart and Lily. I feel this is speaking of my karmic path so it is very exciting actually. The tarot has been telling me this for a long time. Not to worry, it is all good. These cards never cease to blow my mind. You, Rachx, are a natural reader. Thanks.

Btw, I tend to see the center card as the high point that divides the reading into two phases of a situation sort of like "if this, then that." It seems to work that way for me with the 5 cards, which is the spread I prefer.

Barleywine

Your spread brought a fascinating image to mind. When we moved to our area in 1980, there was an individual in the nearby city who at every Easter would dress himself in a robe, shoulder a very large and heavy-looking wooden cross, and drag it on his back up a mile-long hill on the major state road out of town. It must have been some kind of religious penance, but it struck me as rather extreme self-mortification. Path + Cross gave me the same kind of vision: a difficult choice that at the same time feels like some kind of perverse destiny. Fortunately, Cross + Sun turns that into "destined success" and a sense of relief. Sun + Heart + Lily in this scenario makes me think of the maturation of self-love that makes such an ascent out of dependence possible.

Ruby Jewel

Your spread brought a fascinating image to mind. When we moved to our area in 1980, there was an individual in the nearby city who at every Easter would dress himself in a robe, shoulder a very large and heavy-looking wooden cross, and drag it on his back up a mile-long hill on the major state road out of town. It must have been some kind of religious penance, but it struck me as rather extreme self-mortification. Path + Cross gave me the same kind of vision: a difficult choice that at the same time feels like some kind of perverse destiny. Fortunately, Cross + Sun turns that into "destined success" and a sense of relief. Sun + Heart + Lily in this scenario makes me think of the maturation of self-love that makes such an ascent out of dependence possible.

Yes, it is a very painful choice Barleywine, inasmuch as it is a 17-year investment with a 3 year and now a 2 year break. I feel this time I must make the right choice and break free from a situation that will never work....we are both strong, free, and independent spirits....but our goals are not the same, nor are our perspectives on many important issues.....very counterproductive. I love home, garden and animals...he wants to travel to "sugar beaches" around the world and as soon as he gets any money, he takes off, but I had too much of being uprooted as a child and I need a home base, no matter how meagre it is. I have always wished him happy travels and accepted him back again, but this time has been different. I think these cards are saying we are both going to find a great deal of joy, love, and happiness on separate paths. I feel you have found the right answer, Barleywine...it is time to let go of this situation and move on down the path and follow my heart hard as it is. I have carried the Cross much too long. As always, thank you very much for your comments.

snowmoon

22 Path
36 Cross
31 Sun
24 Heart
30 Lily

hi,

i would read it as you make a final decision of happiness for an old love.

the love seems get dry... pain...it might be difficult times...

Ruby Jewel

22 Path
36 Cross
31 Sun
24 Heart
30 Lily

hi,

i would read it as you make a final decision of happiness for an old love.

the love seems get dry... pain...it might be difficult times...

Hi Snowmoon, thanks for your thoughts here. I shall try to keep an open mind for sure.