ROC April - Girl Archer and AnemoneRosie

Fortuna

Girl Archer and AnemoneRosie's Thread

Schedule:
April 17 (Sunday): Complete readings
April 24 (Sunday): Complete feedbacks

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This April, let's look at how we can be the best of ourselves. We will be exploring this using Glass Owl's "Caring For My Soul Spread".

Caring For My Soul Spread by Glass Owl

2-1-3

In my current situation:
1. What brings out the best in me?
2. What brings out the worst in me?
3. What will help me be the "best me" I can be?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Important Notes:
1. If you would like to do a different spread, please keep it to 3-5 cards, and clear this with your partner beforehand.
2. Readers have final choice of the oracle deck used, but can allow sitter to choose.
3. For partners doing the Intuitive Option: After the oracle reading, please provide your intuitive impressions within the write-up or after in its own section.
4. Please stay in communication with your partner, and PM when you have posted your reading, feedback, or if you are experiencing scheduling issues. Please do not wait until the last minute to post readings and feedbacks.
5. Have fun and let's ROC!

--

Please PM Fortuna for questions or issues.

AnemoneRosie

Hi Girl Archer,
Nice to be paired with you :)

Please feel free to take a look at my profile and to see if there are any particular oracles that you'd like for me to use for your reading?
Also, do you have a focus?

Looking forward to this exchange!

Girl Archer

Hi Girl Archer,
Nice to be paired with you :)

Please feel free to take a look at my profile and to see if there are any particular oracles that you'd like for me to use for your reading?
Also, do you have a focus?

Looking forward to this exchange!

Hi AnemoneRosie,

Likewise :) My focus is my personal empowerment/personal happiness, which is kind of general I guess. But I would like to empower myself to take better decisions and make better choices in every area of my life, be it health, relationships or career. As for oracle deck preference, I leave that to you. Anything except the Camelot, Arthur Rackham and the Doreen Virtue decks.

If your focus is love, I will use the Romance Angels deck. However if it is something else/general, I will use the Crazy Sexy Love Messages deck. Do let me know your preference :)

AnemoneRosie

Oh, my focus isn't love. That's one area of my life that's absolutely set securely in its ways.
Is it possible for my focus to be self-care? Or is that too challenging? If it's too challenging then my focus is along the lines of adjusting, or beginnings and endings. I'm moving at the beginning of May and having it go smoothly is important to me but that doesn't fit in with the spread as well.
I hope this makes sense. It's 3am for me and I can't sleep.

Girl Archer

Oh, my focus isn't love. That's one area of my life that's absolutely set securely in its ways.
Is it possible for my focus to be self-care? Or is that too challenging? If it's too challenging then my focus is along the lines of adjusting, or beginnings and endings. I'm moving at the beginning of May and having it go smoothly is important to me but that doesn't fit in with the spread as well.
I hope this makes sense. It's 3am for me and I can't sleep.

I think I will keep it general, with maybe a hint of an emphasis on self-care. Does that sound good to you?

AnemoneRosie

Yes! That's perfect. Thanks so much for making sense of my rambling for me :)
As for you/your reading, it's going to be either Earthbound or Earth Magic. I'm not sure yet.

Girl Archer

Yes! That's perfect. Thanks so much for making sense of my rambling for me :)
As for you/your reading, it's going to be either Earthbound or Earth Magic. I'm not sure yet.

Perfect, I was kind of torn between the two as well :) So glad you chose either of the two.

AnemoneRosie

Reading for Girl Archer

Deck: Earthbound Oracle
Spread: Caring For My Soul Spread by Glass Owl
Focus: Personal empowerment/personal happiness
Layout: 2-1-3

Draw for the current situation:
1. What brings out the best in me? ~ Sleep
2. What brings out the worst in me? ~ Fire
3. What will help me be the "best me" I can be? ~ Protect
Bonus Jumper card: Illuminate

The cards indicate that you're well-served to really focus on your own self-care. It seems that right now you're focusing so much on achievement and on the interests that spark your passion that your own self is being sacrificed in the process. The position of Illuminate hints that perhaps this is a significant revelation for you.

While sleep brings out the best in you (and in all of us) that's not all that matters for your personal empowerment and happiness. In actual fact sleep is only a part of the equation. What matters here is the general routine of the way that you nurture yourself - not only your physical body, although that's certainly a large part of it, but also your spiritual and emotional selves. Without recharging all aspects of yourself you get run down. When that occurs the mere effort that it takes to keep going regardless drags you down into the mire and muck. Then it becomes too difficult to function.

To be clear, the cards aren't saying that your passion brings out the worst in you. Instead, the cards encourage you to think critically. Ask yourself for illumination on the theme of "what's draining me?" as it seems that you're burning so brightly that you're burning yourself out. Rather than trying to be the most brightly burning flame, consider that it's okay to be the glowing embers. They burn hotter because they don't burn themselves out with their brilliance.

You can best achieve your optimal self by being fiercely protective of your needs. It's okay to honour who you are and that you have needs in order to keep yourself going. The more that you're able to accept taking the time to look after yourself the more easily others around you will be able to adapt themselves to what it takes to be supportive of you. It's only in protecting yourself that others can hep to protect you, too.

I hope that this reading has helped to illuminate where you might be struggling right now.

Attachments

• ROC April.jpg
    ROC April.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 58

Girl Archer

Deck: Earthbound Oracle
Spread: Caring For My Soul Spread by Glass Owl
Focus: Personal empowerment/personal happiness
Layout: 2-1-3

Draw for the current situation:
1. What brings out the best in me? ~ Sleep
2. What brings out the worst in me? ~ Fire
3. What will help me be the "best me" I can be? ~ Protect
Bonus Jumper card: Illuminate

The cards indicate that you're well-served to really focus on your own self-care. It seems that right now you're focusing so much on achievement and on the interests that spark your passion that your own self is being sacrificed in the process. The position of Illuminate hints that perhaps this is a significant revelation for you.

This is so insanely accurate, I am truly impressed. It is true that I have been focusing a lot on my ambition, but that is only because I was complacent when I should have been more driven and goal oriented. Trying to make up for it. I do end up staying awake a lot of nights thinking about my next job, getting where I want to be... so the sleep thing is a literal issue, which I will address in the next para.

While sleep brings out the best in you (and in all of us) that's not all that matters for your personal empowerment and happiness. In actual fact sleep is only a part of the equation. What matters here is the general routine of the way that you nurture yourself - not only your physical body, although that's certainly a large part of it, but also your spiritual and emotional selves. Without recharging all aspects of yourself you get run down. When that occurs the mere effort that it takes to keep going regardless drags you down into the mire and muck. Then it becomes too difficult to function.

All through the day, I constantly try to tire myself out so that I fall asleep quickly. My mind is generally always buzzing with ideas, so I generally find it tough to lie down and get proper REM sleep. You are on point with the advice about not just sleep, but also taking care of my physical, spiritual and emotional self. Incidentally it is something that I have been looking to work on.

To be clear, the cards aren't saying that your passion brings out the worst in you. Instead, the cards encourage you to think critically. Ask yourself for illumination on the theme of "what's draining me?" as it seems that you're burning so brightly that you're burning yourself out. Rather than trying to be the most brightly burning flame, consider that it's okay to be the glowing embers. They burn hotter because they don't burn themselves out with their brilliance.

I know what you mean. I wouldn't say I am burning hotly or brightly but I am putting in my best to be able to do so. Perhaps this message is asking me to take it slow, and go at a relaxed pace, one that is healthy for me.

You can best achieve your optimal self by being fiercely protective of your needs. It's okay to honour who you are and that you have needs in order to keep yourself going. The more that you're able to accept taking the time to look after yourself the more easily others around you will be able to adapt themselves to what it takes to be supportive of you. It's only in protecting yourself that others can hep to protect you, too.

I hope that this reading has helped to illuminate where you might be struggling right now.

Right again! I do need to recognize that it is not selfish to put myself before others, and I need to be fiercely protective of my needs. This resonated so deeply and the cards are so beautiful, thank you for including images. I will do your reading tomorrow as it is past midnight and I am starting to feel a tad sleepy. So better go sleep before I become restless and wander about the house :) Thank you for the amazing reading AnemoneRosie :heart:

Girl Archer

I was wondering last night (of course cuz when else would I?) if Fire could stand for temper. I can be pretty short fused and temperamental, and end up saying stuff I regret later. I have been lucky thus far not to alienate people with my words, because I use my words just as well to make up with them :) However, I was reminded of this because at times when I get really mad, I can honestly feel it manifesting physically in the form of aches and pains, or hand spasms.

I am working on reigning it in though. The urge to get physical is always there though, mainly because I studied a decade of martial arts and my first reaction is almost always to get physical. However, I have now calmed down to the point that I no longer punch walls or anything. If I get super mad, I take it out on a big, fluffy pillow.