ROC April - WolfSwan and Tanga

Fortuna

WolfSwan and Tanga's Thread

Schedule:
April 17 (Sunday): Complete readings
April 24 (Sunday): Complete feedbacks

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This April, let's look at how we can be the best of ourselves. We will be exploring this using Glass Owl's "Caring For My Soul Spread".

Caring For My Soul Spread by Glass Owl

2-1-3

In my current situation:
1. What brings out the best in me?
2. What brings out the worst in me?
3. What will help me be the "best me" I can be?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Important Notes:
1. If you would like to do a different spread, please keep it to 3-5 cards, and clear this with your partner beforehand.
2. Readers have final choice of the oracle deck used, but can allow sitter to choose.
3. For partners doing the Intuitive Option: After the oracle reading, please provide your intuitive impressions within the write-up or after in its own section.
4. Please stay in communication with your partner, and PM when you have posted your reading, feedback, or if you are experiencing scheduling issues. Please do not wait until the last minute to post readings and feedbacks.
5. Have fun and let's ROC!

--

Please PM Fortuna for questions or issues.

WolfSwan

Hey Tanga - ermehgerd!!! Those cards are beautiful! Major envy right now :D I will add that to my wish list! You'll have to tell me how you find working with them :)

Did you have a particular request for the Oracles, all mine are listed...I was thinking of using the Oracle of the Dragonfae as I've found them to be very on point, but if you have a request let me know!

Tanga

Hey Tanga - ermehgerd!!! Those cards are beautiful! Major envy right now :D I will add that to my wish list! You'll have to tell me how you find working with them :)

Did you have a particular request for the Oracles, all mine are listed...I was thinking of using the Oracle of the Dragonfae as I've found them to be very on point, but if you have a request let me know!

Yes - I fell in love with Waterhouse's paintings of sorceresses and Goddesses.
So - I HAD to have this deck.

:) You say yours are all listed - but Dragonfae isn't...

Which Goddess oracle do you have? If it's Marashinsky and Janto - I'd like that one.
(as I have a copy and so can see for myself - if you see what mean).

WolfSwan

Yes - I fell in love with Waterhouse's paintings of sorceresses and Goddesses.
So - I HAD to have this deck.

:) You say yours are all listed - but Dragonfae isn't...

Which Goddess oracle do you have? If it's Marashinsky and Janto - I'd like that one.
(as I have a copy and so can see for myself - if you see what mean).

Yup that's the one I have. Happy to use that then!

WolfSwan

Durga - Boundaries

I think challenges bring out the best in you. When you're faced with problems, you are able to rise to the challenge and persevere in the face of trying odds. You can draw the line cleanly and know your boundaries. Setting these boundaries does bring out the best parts of you. You are able to function better with the people around you when you clearly draw the line between what you can and cannot accomplish. What you are wiling and not willing to do. You like having defined lines within which to operate and you like when other people are clear with you too.

I have a feeling you're someone who sometimes struggles with saying no to people and who is just now learning the importance of self-nurturing. What I'm getting is that you're learning who you are and beginning to own that. As part of this lesson you are learning to draw the line on what you are willing to do for others and how much you can give. I feel like you've recently learned that you cannot give from an empty cup and that filing your cup is part of the self-love process.

Pele - Awakening

I would read this as things being static really brings out the worst in you. You're not a fan of routine and you're someone who is always looking for opportunities to grow. I would say that perhaps you get frustrated when the people around you don't embrace the opportunity to grow and rise to the challenge as you do. You may have some frustrations with people who are reluctant to embrace change and their own awakening, seeing it as a beautiful chance to expand yourself, you cannot understand their fears.

You like being involved in things and seeing life as it truly is. Illusions and deceit, or more ignorance, annoy you. You would rather face things as they are and grow through it. You love the opportunity to create the life you desire. The worst in you comes out when you're told things are as they are, as you see every challenge as an opportunity to change and create the life you desire. You would rather work to change things that don't please you rather than accept things are the way they are because they've always been that way.

Oya - Change

The best thing you can do to bring out the best in yourself is focus on changing your reality - not the reality of others. Don't take on other people's problems. It's time to embrace changing the life you lead and raising your vibrations to the level of your Inner Being. This card asks that you review what works and what doesn't in your life. Are you heading in the direction you desired? Throw out anything that no longer serves you - whether it's people, patterns, beliefs or things - and make room to let in change.

Allow yourself to flow with the changes coming into your life and don't cling to the past or how things were. It's only by allowing that you can progress towards where you wish to be. Doing the meditation that's suggested in the book can help you embrace this change and flow with it much easier (I won't write it out since you've advised that you've got the book yourself).

I hope this has been useful!

Tanga

Dammit! Just posted a whole feedback and lost it!
Trying again now, but it will be shorter...

Durga - Boundaries

I think challenges bring out the best in you. When you're faced with problems, you are able to rise to the challenge and persevere in the face of trying odds. You can draw the line cleanly and know your boundaries. Setting these boundaries does bring out the best parts of you. You are able to function better with the people around you when you clearly draw the line between what you can and cannot accomplish. What you are wiling and not willing to do. You like having defined lines within which to operate and you like when other people are clear with you too.

I have a feeling you're someone who sometimes struggles with saying no to people and who is just now learning the importance of self-nurturing. What I'm getting is that you're learning who you are and beginning to own that. As part of this lesson you are learning to draw the line on what you are willing to do for others and how much you can give. I feel like you've recently learned that you cannot give from an empty cup and that filing your cup is part of the self-love process. )

I don't think of challenges in this way as I find them stressful and impactful on my health.
Plus I have some chronic health challenges which I'd rather not have.
And - boundaries are really important for me because I need to have things clear cut - in order to then manage my health. So for example - my diary is a lot more structured and planned in advance, than lots of other people have theirs.

I have learned the importance of self-nurturing, (I'm a therapist - most therapists at some point have that "physician, health thyself!" thing to grapple with. :joke:).
But sometimes the 'no' thing is still an issue (and mostly within my therapeutic practice or in relation to it. e.g. X want's to come at Y time. Do I say yes, compromising my original diary plan? - or say no and risk losing the business? I'm self employed you see. :) ).
Recently I've have several requests to take on admin posts that I've declined and now annoyingly, find I feel uncomfortable in these social situations. Ho Hum.

Interestingly - I use the image of Durga in a favourite self-protection ritual.
And she's in the position of "walking ahead of me to clear my path and keep my boundaries" - so that resonates quite nicely. :joke:

Pele - Awakening

I would read this as things being static really brings out the worst in you. You're not a fan of routine and you're someone who is always looking for opportunities to grow. I would say that perhaps you get frustrated when the people around you don't embrace the opportunity to grow and rise to the challenge as you do. You may have some frustrations with people who are reluctant to embrace change and their own awakening, seeing it as a beautiful chance to expand yourself, you cannot understand their fears.

You like being involved in things and seeing life as it truly is. Illusions and deceit, or more ignorance, annoy you. You would rather face things as they are and grow through it. You love the opportunity to create the life you desire. The worst in you comes out when you're told things are as they are, as you see every challenge as an opportunity to change and create the life you desire. You would rather work to change things that don't please you rather than accept things are the way they are because they've always been that way.)

I like routine in the boundaries sense - but yes I do like to keep engaged in new things that encourage growth on all levels (physical, mental and spiritual) and - find it weird that others are not up for the same. :)
I particularly don't like it if as a result of "self-illusion and ignorace" stuff falls on me because other parties are unable to see that I may have a different outlook or idea about life.
I have short patience for this and don't do that "suffering fools gladly" thing in this respect.

Pele's meditation here (that I read in the companion book) was a nice nod in my direction to my thoughts this morning - of returning to my favoured morning rituals. :)
I've been ill with a chest infection for a while - and haven't been doing them.

Oya - Change

The best thing you can do to bring out the best in yourself is focus on changing your reality - not the reality of others. Don't take on other people's problems. It's time to embrace changing the life you lead and raising your vibrations to the level of your Inner Being. This card asks that you review what works and what doesn't in your life. Are you heading in the direction you desired? Throw out anything that no longer serves you - whether it's people, patterns, beliefs or things - and make room to let in change.

Allow yourself to flow with the changes coming into your life and don't cling to the past or how things were. It's only by allowing that you can progress towards where you wish to be.

I'm busy doing just that.

Thankyou WolfSwan!

:heart:

Tanga

ROC April2016 Reading for WolfSwan

Deck used: JW Waterhouse Oracle, by Seven Stars (cards are at the bottom)

1) What brings out the best in me?
Psyche opening the Golden Box 1905

Psyche, on her journey of discovery has dared to look closely at her relationship an grown from her trials.
- Understanding her growing edge (or boundaries) better.
- Listening and “going with the flow” or rhythm.
- and learning to see the bigger picture.
And now she looks in the forbidden box, to beautify herself for her partner…

These are the qualities that are aware of and draw from to bring out the best in you. Keeping an open mind to possibility, with genuine curiosity for finding your own truth and that of others. Choosing to do things that inspire, and seeking out creative ventures for yourself.
(the myth of Psyche: http://www.peace.ca/mythofpsyche.htm)

2) What brings out the worst in me?
A Naiad 1893.

This naiad looks on covetously at Hylas who is asleep (in the complete painting -
the card shows only half of it here).

My 1st impression is to be wary of falling into the trap of comparing yourself to others, such that you end up sabotaging or belittle-ing yourself… “I can’t do as much as X or be as good as Y… so I guess I’m not good enough”… etc.

Another thought possibly - is to be aware of following your heart without recourse to practical matters. So in a simple example, buying something without budgeting and then having a financial problem…
This could cover other areas as well - including knowing your physical and emotional boundaries too. Giving more than you have the energetic resources to sustian yourself with… (a bit of that “saying No - look after yourself).
(the story of Hylas and the Nymphs:http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Hylas.html)

3) What will help me be the best me I can be?
Circe, the sorceress 1911.

Circe sits at her table deep in thought. There’s a grimoire and an overturned potion on the table. Her magickal strengths are illusion, shape transformation and necromancy.
(Circe, the sorceress:http://www.johnwilliamwaterhouse.com/pictures/circe-sorceress-1911/)

**This is the most difficult card for me…

I’m thinking, practice gratitude for all you have (so examining what you do have and appreciating it) and also allowing yourself self-acknowledgement. Think of all you have done/worked at, to be who you are. And all that you’ve survived.
Pat yourself on the back, and remember “you are a light meant to shine".
?

:) :)

Hope it’s interesting.

Thanks for sitting!

Attachments

• ROCApril'16.jpg
    ROCApril'16.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 74

WolfSwan

Deck used: JW Waterhouse Oracle, by Seven Stars (cards are at the bottom)

1) What brings out the best in me?
Psyche opening the Golden Box 1905

Psyche, on her journey of discovery has dared to look closely at her relationship an grown from her trials.
- Understanding her growing edge (or boundaries) better.
- Listening and “going with the flow” or rhythm.
- and learning to see the bigger picture.
And now she looks in the forbidden box, to beautify herself for her partner…

These are the qualities that are aware of and draw from to bring out the best in you. Keeping an open mind to possibility, with genuine curiosity for finding your own truth and that of others. Choosing to do things that inspire, and seeking out creative ventures for yourself.
(the myth of Psyche: http://www.peace.ca/mythofpsyche.htm)

Gorgeous pictures in every card :) I have definitely learned my boundaries better and also a lot of lessons about going with the flow. I certainly have been learning to trust in the bigger picture. These are certainly skills and attributes that are mine. I love keeping an open mind and do have a genuine curiosity about myself and others. Creative ventures are inspiring for me and when I'm involved in something, it truly brings out the best in me.

2) What brings out the worst in me?
A Naiad 1893.

This naiad looks on covetously at Hylas who is asleep (in the complete painting -
the card shows only half of it here).

My 1st impression is to be wary of falling into the trap of comparing yourself to others, such that you end up sabotaging or belittle-ing yourself… “I can’t do as much as X or be as good as Y… so I guess I’m not good enough”… etc.

Another thought possibly - is to be aware of following your heart without recourse to practical matters. So in a simple example, buying something without budgeting and then having a financial problem…
This could cover other areas as well - including knowing your physical and emotional boundaries too. Giving more than you have the energetic resources to sustian yourself with… (a bit of that “saying No - look after yourself).
(the story of Hylas and the Nymphs:http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Hylas.html)

Yes, I have in the past compared myself to others, so that is something I've worked on. And again, with boundaries, that is also something that I've been working on improving. I did tend to have trouble saying no though I'm getting better at it now! I am looking after myself much better and drawing lines where I need to. So definitely, I think when I don't take care of myself, the worst of me comes out.

3) What will help me be the best me I can be?
Circe, the sorceress 1911.

Circe sits at her table deep in thought. There’s a grimoire and an overturned potion on the table. Her magickal strengths are illusion, shape transformation and necromancy.
(Circe, the sorceress:http://www.johnwilliamwaterhouse.com/pictures/circe-sorceress-1911/)

**This is the most difficult card for me…

I’m thinking, practice gratitude for all you have (so examining what you do have and appreciating it) and also allowing yourself self-acknowledgement. Think of all you have done/worked at, to be who you are. And all that you’ve survived.
Pat yourself on the back, and remember “you are a light meant to shine".
?

:) :)

Hope it’s interesting.

Thanks for sitting!

I do have a gratitude journal and I want to write in it more frequently. I haven't been as diligent as I used to be with it. I do need to look back on exactly how far I've come and pat myself on the back. I think we all need to do more of that, and this is a good reminder for me. I never take time to reward myself for what I've done and just bask in appreciation for a task completed.

Thanks for the reading!