Fortuna

Kat Moon and RiverRunsDeep's Thread

--

Schedule:
March 24 (Thursday): Complete readings
March 31 (Thursday): Complete feedbacks

--

March's Suggested Spread:

We all have anxieties, and there are times when they can get the best of us. March's spread is by RealRamona, and she crafted it to gain clarification on how to improve our reaction to things during anxiety. Please follow this link to view the original post for more details on this spread.

For ROC March 2016, we will modify the spread slightly by using the questions as a proactive exercise for handling anxiety when it affects us.

Helping With Anxiety Spread by RealRamona

xxx 1 xxxx 2 xxxx 3 xxx

1) What can I do more of - what thoughts or actions could I amplify to help myself?
2) What could I do less of - what isn't helping me or is making things worse?
3) What could I try out - what new element could I add to my handling of the situation?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Important Notes:
1. If you would like to do a different spread, please keep it to 3-5 cards, and clear this with your partner beforehand.
2. Readers have final choice of the oracle deck used, but can allow sitter to choose.
3. For partners doing the Intuitive Option: After the oracle reading, please provide your intuitive impressions within the write-up or after in its own section.
4. Please stay in communication with your partner, and PM when you have posted your reading, feedback, or if you are experiencing scheduling issues. Please do not wait until the last minute to post readings and feedbacks.
5. Have fun and let's ROC!

--

Please PM Fortuna for questions or issues.

Kat Moon

Hi! I am excited to exchange with you. Please let me know the area of life/question that you are wanting me to read on :)

RiverRunsDeep

Hi, Kat Moon. I am excited to exchange with you as well! No focus for me, a general reading about how to handle stress would be fine. After all, I tend to stress out about everything in all areas of life. :D

How about yourself? Is there an area of your life you'd like me to focus on? Also, I was thinking of using my Vintage Wisdom oracle for your reading. I think it is calming and relatively stress-free! If you'd like to choose a different oracle, please take a look at my profile. Looking forward to our readings! :)

Kat Moon

Hi, Kat Moon. I am excited to exchange with you as well! No focus for me, a general reading about how to handle stress would be fine. After all, I tend to stress out about everything in all areas of life. :D

How about yourself? Is there an area of your life you'd like me to focus on? Also, I was thinking of using my Vintage Wisdom oracle for your reading. I think it is calming and relatively stress-free! If you'd like to choose a different oracle, please take a look at my profile. Looking forward to our readings! :)

I would LOVE you to use that deck, as I am thinking about getting it :)

A general would be great. Stress is attacking me from all sides :)

Thanks so much :)

Kat Moon

Hi!!! Okay I used my Wisdom of the Oracle deck. It is very lovely and kind. So since we are dealing with stress (which stressed me out in and of itself lol) I thought that it would be a nice deck to use.

Card 1 ~ What to Do More Of ~
A Leg Up
It is time to get some outside help. There is no reason that you have to do everything alone. While you like being the person that people bring stuff to do (cause you know they all know and respect that you are someone to get things done), you don't have to. Learn to delegate. Even small aspects of your to do list, will bring a huge help to you. Plus once you start with baby steps, of handing out jobs, then it will be easier to hand out big parts. Also, now would be a good time to seek out a mentor (in your field) if you are working; or even another more experienced person. Some one that you can talk to about your stresses, and the load that you carry. This person might be able to help guide you to find a better way to manage everything that you are doing.

Card 2 ~ Do Less of This ~
Yang
You are a creative person, you like the energy of starting something new. The ability to create something with your hands. To learn something new, and conquer it. This is a great quality to have. But with all this creative, passionate, firey energy; you tend to burn yourself. You may add to much to your already filled plate, to experience that rush of energy. Try to keep the new ventures to a minimum at this time. There is no need to be adding more to your plate then you need to.

Card 3 ~ Something New To Try ~
By The Book
This one made me smile, because it is so the card that I would have drawn for myself in this place. Right now is the time to do things the way that has been done before. While this seems like a downer for your "Yang" energy (since you like creating new ways to do things) it will help streamline your day. By doing things the way that you are suppose to the first time, it will make them go faster. When things get checked off the to do list faster, you get more done, when you are able to get more done, your stress is lifted. So while this seems kinda like an obvious thing to try, it is just a nice reminder that if you do things the right way the first time; then it will ease your stress a little.

Overall ~
This spread seems like a pretty good road map for you to help with the stress and anxiety of life. You are needing to delegate more. There is no reason for you to do everything. While it is wonderful to be the creative person that you are, try keeping that in check. This will help prevent you from adding more to your plate and thus more stress. And then do things the way that you were taught to do them. (The yang card and the by the book cards have a similar tone in this reading so it is reinforcing the same thought) This should help you with the stress that you are feeling at this moment.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this.

RiverRunsDeep

Thank you for my reading! It really makes a lot of sense for me. I'm going to post complete feedback for you tomorrow night. And I'm going to work on your reading tonight, so I will have that posted for you tomorrow night as well. :)

RiverRunsDeep

Your feedback!

Hi!!! Okay I used my Wisdom of the Oracle deck. It is very lovely and kind. So since we are dealing with stress (which stressed me out in and of itself lol) I thought that it would be a nice deck to use.

Thank you for introducing me to this deck. I googled the images and, wow, the cards are so dreamy and beautiful!

Also, your interpretations of the cards connected most strongly with what is going on with my work/career, so my feedback will focus on that.

Card 1 ~ What to Do More Of ~
A Leg Up
It is time to get some outside help. There is no reason that you have to do everything alone. While you like being the person that people bring stuff to do (cause you know they all know and respect that you are someone to get things done), you don't have to. Learn to delegate. Even small aspects of your to do list, will bring a huge help to you. Plus once you start with baby steps, of handing out jobs, then it will be easier to hand out big parts. Also, now would be a good time to seek out a mentor (in your field) if you are working; or even another more experienced person. Some one that you can talk to about your stresses, and the load that you carry. This person might be able to help guide you to find a better way to manage everything that you are doing.

This is the third or fourth time I have gotten the "you don't have to do everything alone" message from the cards. Apparently, the universe is quite determined to whack me over the head until I get it! I own and run a small business by myself which I absolutely love, but it can also be so stressful. I have dithered about looking for a business partner or hiring an employee or two, but the idea of delegating and getting outside help is even more stressful to me than doing everything alone! The solution I can live with would be to "do less of" certain things, which brings me to the second card.

Also, you are right about the mentor. I have a friend who runs a business like mine, but she has much more experience than I do. She is an awesome sounding board when I need advice or when I just want to whine. :D

Card 2 ~ Do Less of This ~
Yang
You are a creative person, you like the energy of starting something new. The ability to create something with your hands. To learn something new, and conquer it. This is a great quality to have. But with all this creative, passionate, firey energy; you tend to burn yourself. You may add to much to your already filled plate, to experience that rush of energy. Try to keep the new ventures to a minimum at this time. There is no need to be adding more to your plate then you need to.

Oooh yes, that is me! I love brainstorming and coming up with new ideas and plans, especially at work. Fun, fun, fun! Problem is, then I feel obligated to make all of those plans a reality and it ends up feeling like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I have recently been doing as this card suggests, taking a serious look at my "things to do" list, keeping only the reasonably doable items and weeding out the rest.

Card 3 ~ Something New To Try ~
By The Book
This one made me smile, because it is so the card that I would have drawn for myself in this place. Right now is the time to do things the way that has been done before. While this seems like a downer for your "Yang" energy (since you like creating new ways to do things) it will help streamline your day. By doing things the way that you are suppose to the first time, it will make them go faster. When things get checked off the to do list faster, you get more done, when you are able to get more done, your stress is lifted. So while this seems kinda like an obvious thing to try, it is just a nice reminder that if you do things the right way the first time; then it will ease your stress a little.

Such a perfect card for this position! If I am supposed to dedicate less time to new ventures, it only makes sense that I should keep doing things "by the book". I like the phrase you used about "streamlining my day". I do have an abbreviated checklist of tasks that keeps my business running smoothly and covers all the basics. A downer, indeed, and kind of boring. Yet, when I am feeling overwhelmed, I admit it is best for me to go back to my basic checklist and focus on that. Sometimes, boring is good!

Thanks for the reading, Kat Moon. I enjoyed reading your interpretations, and the messages were spot-on for me. :thumbsup:

RiverRunsDeep

Here is your reading, Kat Moon! The "How To Help With Anxiety" spread, using the Vintage Wisdom Oracle.

What Can I Do More Of?

Union: In this image, the woman's closed eyes and the lovely lotus blossoming at her crown symbolize an inward focus, an interior communion and connection with spirituality. What could help you most in dealing with your anxiety is a shift in focus away from the chaotic outer world and towards reconnecting with whatever helps you find stillness and fulfillment in life. This could mean prayer or meditation. It could also mean sifting through your favorite oracle cards.

Of course, fulfillment can also be found in union with other people. So maybe a night out on the town (or a relaxing night at home!) with friends who understand you is the perfect remedy for your stress.

What Could I Do Less Of?

Release: Interesting to see this card show up in this position! I often think of "release" as what one "should" do for anxiety, but the message here is that not all methods of letting go are necessarily beneficial. When you are under stress, perhaps you unintentionally release it in the form of irritability or become short-tempered. Or maybe you deal with stress by overindulging in things that seem so enjoyable at the moment....a little too much chocolate or one glass of wine too many! This card is letting you know that, even though these methods temporarily let off steam, they are not helping you to deal with your anxiety in the long run.

What Could I Try Out?

Reflection: It is amazing to see the similarities between this and the "Union" card. Here, we have another woman with her eyes closed in quiet contemplation. While the "Union" figure had a lotus over her crown, this woman is surrounded by purple violets to represent the crown chakra (according to the companion book).

Stress can often make you feel hurried, rushed, and prone to speeding things up, but this card is asking you to slow down. Rather than taking action just for the sake of doing something, you might consider taking a deep breath and spending some time with your thoughts. Withdrawing into your own inner world gives you time to learn more about yourself, what is at the core of your anxiety, and which methods have helped (or not) to deal with it in the past. This card invites you to regain clarity and serenity through inner focus.

I hope my reading was helpful to you, Kat Moon! I look forward to finding out which parts resonated for you, and which parts didn't.

Pics of your cards are attached. I highly recommend the Vintage Wisdom oracle. It is gorgeous, a delight to read with, and, if you enjoy vintage/Victorian themes, it is a must! (Not to enable, of course. :D)

Attachments

• IMG_1466.jpg
    IMG_1466.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1467.jpg
    IMG_1467.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1468.jpg
    IMG_1468.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 72

Kat Moon

Here is your reading, Kat Moon! The "How To Help With Anxiety" spread, using the Vintage Wisdom Oracle.

What Can I Do More Of?

Union: In this image, the woman's closed eyes and the lovely lotus blossoming at her crown symbolize an inward focus, an interior communion and connection with spirituality. What could help you most in dealing with your anxiety is a shift in focus away from the chaotic outer world and towards reconnecting with whatever helps you find stillness and fulfillment in life. This could mean prayer or meditation. It could also mean sifting through your favorite oracle cards.

~~~This was a great idea. Turning back into my spirituality and practice always helps me feel connected to the universe. Not just the drama in my own life. Meditation is something that I want to do every day and yet struggle to. I will work more on this

Of course, fulfillment can also be found in union with other people. So maybe a night out on the town (or a relaxing night at home!) with friends who understand you is the perfect remedy for your stress.

~~~ I actually just got back from Vegas, for some much needed time away. It was a great remedy :)

What Could I Do Less Of?

Release: Interesting to see this card show up in this position! I often think of "release" as what one "should" do for anxiety, but the message here is that not all methods of letting go are necessarily beneficial. When you are under stress, perhaps you unintentionally release it in the form of irritability or become short-tempered. Or maybe you deal with stress by overindulging in things that seem so enjoyable at the moment....a little too much chocolate or one glass of wine too many! This card is letting you know that, even though these methods temporarily let off steam, they are not helping you to deal with your anxiety in the long run.

~~~ HAHAHA yup had one glass of wine to many while out of town. And I do tend to lean this way. To over indulge when I am stressed. This is good advice not to.

What Could I Try Out?

Reflection: It is amazing to see the similarities between this and the "Union" card. Here, we have another woman with her eyes closed in quiet contemplation. While the "Union" figure had a lotus over her crown, this woman is surrounded by purple violets to represent the crown chakra (according to the companion book).

Stress can often make you feel hurried, rushed, and prone to speeding things up, but this card is asking you to slow down. Rather than taking action just for the sake of doing something, you might consider taking a deep breath and spending some time with your thoughts. Withdrawing into your own inner world gives you time to learn more about yourself, what is at the core of your anxiety, and which methods have helped (or not) to deal with it in the past. This card invites you to regain clarity and serenity through inner focus.

~~~ Again I think that this is pointing to the importance that spirituality and meditation are going to play in my ability to deal with stress. Going back to the idea of being alone to think, not just out to be out. Calming myself, before dealing with the stress of what is going on around me.

I hope my reading was helpful to you, Kat Moon! I look forward to finding out which parts resonated for you, and which parts didn't.

Pics of your cards are attached. I highly recommend the Vintage Wisdom oracle. It is gorgeous, a delight to read with, and, if you enjoy vintage/Victorian themes, it is a must! (Not to enable, of course. :D)

What pretty cards! Thank you for including the pictures. This really hit home. I have been feeling like I need to spend more time meditating, to include it in my daily life. But have been lazy and not found the time. This was a great reminder that I need to focus inward, and on myself, before dealing with everything around me.

Great read! Thank you so much for doing this for me.