ROC May 2016 - AnemoneRosie and Michellehihi

AnemoneRosie

Ok my dear, I did your reading, and it was lots of fun!
Since I used a deck without any keywords and without a LWB, I did an intuitive reading. That is, I trusted the very first impression I had when seeing the cards, the first word that came to mind. And I REALLY like this kind of reading, I think I discovered something tonight, a new way of seeing the cards!

Anyways, this introduction is quite long, longer than my reading actually! Because intuition has the advantage to talk instantaneously.
So, here is your reading.
Deck: Waterhouse oracle by seven stars.
Music listened while reading: Bach motets.

What a beautiful deck!
I'm glad that you've discovered this way of reading, too. It's really wonderful, and so freeing. It's a great way to really own the reading and personalize it. I'm honoured that you tried it for me. As you'll see, it's unfailingly accurate.

Card 1: Who should you give some love today
We see a young lady wrapping her long hair around a soldier in armour who is bending towards her, as if to say goodbye. He is going to war, in order to protect his country against invaders.
Intuitively, I saw that someone you care about is presently doing something to protect you, or to assure your wellbeing. I am not seeing particularly a lover. I see someone who really deeply cares for you and is read to put himself/herself at risk in order for you to be well.
This is the person you should give love in the near future. Do you see who it could be?

My partner is doing a really great job protecting me, and he also assures my well-being. I am not surprised that you don't see a lover as our relationship is complicated in a variety of ways. I know that he really cares deeply and he sometimes sacrifices himself for my sake. I try to show him love but no matter how much I try I fear that it isn't enough.

Card 2: How should I give love?
We see a woman sitting by a fountain in a park. What stroke me is that she is half naked which is not a good way to dress in public. Immediately I thought that she is so vulnerable!
So this tells me that the way to love this person is to show your vulnerability. Do not act like a proud and strong girl who doesn't need anyone! To the contrary, show the intimate and weak side of you, the part of you who needs to be protected ( isn't this the perfect follow-up card of the first card?).

Well, I certainly do that. I don't really have much of a choice. I'm working towards being less proud and strong as the cards are correct - it does get in the way. It's difficult to show weakness and vulnerability, and I don't like that I need protection from anyone. But, since I do, I know that he's the most well-suited for it. Learning how to do this is definitely a process and one that I'm not very good at right now.

Card 3: will this person give you love back?
On that card we see a woman receiving a cup of a hot beverage from a soldier. I knew that the beverage is hot by the way she is taking the cup. I felt that this woman really needed a hot drink at that time. She is freezing cold -look at her face, she is so pale!-
The soldier on this card is the soldier from the first card, in other words, it is the person who was there for you. And yes, this person will definitely give you back love! I feel like you might have a mild sickness these days, and that person will help you cope with it.

This is your reading. I really enjoyed reading for you and I am looking forward for your feedback. Here is a photo of your spread!

You're right that I am ill. I struggle with accepting it which is why I struggle with understanding that he's able to accept it (let alone help me with it). He helps me cope with it, and he shores me up (just as the hot drink shores up the woman who is so cold).

This reading is spot-on. Way to go!
I'm glad that you've enjoyed reading this way as it seems to have worked out quite well for you :)

Michellehihi

Thank you for the feedback! I am so happy and I repeat that I so much like intuitive readings!
As for my feedback on your reading, let me rest on it a little. As you pointed out, it was a little shock to realise that the love you saw in the cards was the love I did not think about! This reminds me of a funny thing when I first touched a tarot deck. I decided to journal on each major arcana even before looking at the definitions. I knew nothing about tarot. It was a nice surprise to discover that I got most of the meanings right.... Except one. There were no titles on the cards, just number. Arcana 3, I had no idea what it meant. For the sake of me, as much as I looked, described the card, tried to find which archetype it corresponded, I didn't have a clue. I was like " ok, it's the wife of the guy on the other card....what the hell is she doing outside in a garden? , etc"
Until I read the definition of the Empress, archetype of the mother. I cried so much....my relationship with my mother was always difficult because of her mental illness. She was never there for me because she stayed many years in a psychiatric hospital. I realised I could never recognize the archetype of Mother because I don't know what it is to have a mother....and it made me doubt my own maternal competence...

Anyway, to make the long story short, I am amazed that your cards told me something that I had forgotten to look at...

I will look at the spread and come back to you with more feedback.

AnemoneRosie

I find that this deck is particularly eerie in its accuracy. I find that it tends to startle people. I hope that you're not too perturbed by it.
Thanks for sharing your story about going through the cards with me. It's a good one.

Michellehihi

Thank you again. This is my feedback. As you suggested, I put the cards on my desk and let them breathe their message.
Deck: Earthbound Oracle
Spread: Love Today Spread by WitchyLioness
Draw:
1. Who? Sol
2. How? Bond
3. Return? Obfuscate
Theme card: Release

The theme of this reading is that of needing release. This means letting go of the negative messages that you've been taught and finding other, newer, messages that are better able to resonate with you. Lilies have become potent symbols of death but the white is the colour of purity and of rebirth. Releasing the old messages will allow for you to create the space that you need for the new messages. These new messages are what will sustain you going forward. You need the space there so that you can have a place for your own self-worth. Ultimately your goal is to find ways to love yourself and the lily can become the centre of where that love can go.
It is so interesting that you drew a theme card.
I immediately smelled the scent of lily while looking at this card. So to add to your interpretation, I would say that it is an encouragement to release my own self, my benevolence around me.

As the sun sol is representative of all life on earth; without sol life as we know it cannot be sustained here. On a smaller scale you're being asked to be the centre of your own life. The cards know that it's impossible to have any other sort of love unless we first love ourselves. They wonder: do you know how to do this? They would like for you to know that until you can love yourself that you will not be able to accept the kind of love from others that you really need. So while you've not listed it as a type of love the oracle suggests that self-love is the most important for you right now. You must learn to become the centre of your own universe - not in a selfish way but so that your love can radiate outward from you to others without draining you dry. If you look closely at this card there are flames within the image. These flames are reminiscent of the phoenix who, like the lily above, encourages you to burn that which no longer serves you and to experience rebirth as someone more wholly complete upon their life's path.
It's so interesting that your intuition saw self love in this card!
I am reaching a point in life when I can think of me first. My children are now both adult ( well, the younger one is still wild but he's 18 so). So I have to let all my anxiety and suffering of single mother, and let the real woman fire up. Or said differently, I have to make a bonfire! Ha! Bonfire! It leads us to the next card!

You can give your love through the common bond of shared experience; this is why it's so important for you to find self-acceptance before you can pass it along. Unless you can believe it for yourself, about yourself, you will struggle with sharing it with others. You can work to create the bond just the same and as you strength for those around you you may find that their love for you strengthens your own. Love is a mutually beneficial relationship - just as oaks need squirrels to make new oaks, squirrels need oaks for food and shelter. Love for yourself and love for those around you and your chosen community are indeed one and the same thing as they create that mutually reinforcing circle.
Yes! Now that the seeds I planted in life (my children) are safe and protected, I can created new bond with chosen people: my choir, my running group, my dear friends.
And also this card tells me to remember the bond I have with my own family. In fact the card tells me that we will always be rotating one around the other, just like the vines around the oak seed.
Without having a secure source of love within yourself you will struggle with accepting the love of others. Sometimes this struggle may show itself as needing too much from others and sometimes it may show itself as believing others to be incapable of loving you. In the first instance that's because you're trying to get others to fill your reserves while in the second it's because you cannot imagine that your reserves deserve to be so filled. This tension can also play itself out so that you get stuck with both situations where you need the love but feel that you cannot have it. That can be a miserable place to be and you don't deserve such challenges. When you can love yourself this tension will be released.

You had asked "ask the cards what kind of love do I really need from now on, friendship love, family love, intimate love, soulmate love, universal spiritual love?" It seems that, of all of the types of love that you've listed here, you omitted one very important one. You've neglected to list yourself as an option worthy of love. The cards focused on that as without the secure base, you risk burning out trying to find love in a well that could run dry.

I'd be interested (as you have the same deck) to see what you see in the images when you go back and look at them. Perhaps there are personal symbols for you in the subtleties that my camera doesn't catch.
I am not sure I understand how you interpretes the last card, obfuscate. I could give you my own interpretation but if you don't mind to reformulate how you see this last card?
Thank you!

AnemoneRosie

Without having a secure source of love within yourself you will struggle with accepting the love of others. Sometimes this struggle may show itself as needing too much from others and sometimes it may show itself as believing others to be incapable of loving you. In the first instance that's because you're trying to get others to fill your reserves while in the second it's because you cannot imagine that your reserves deserve to be so filled. This tension can also play itself out so that you get stuck with both situations where you need the love but feel that you cannot have it. That can be a miserable place to be and you don't deserve such challenges. When you can love yourself this tension will be released.

I am not sure I understand how you interpretes the last card, obfuscate. I could give you my own interpretation but if you don't mind to reformulate how you see this last card?
Thank you!

So, what this card is saying is that the love from others is, to a certain extent, inaccessible to you until you can love yourself. For example, someone can tell you "I love you" and you can take that to be a compliment, but you aren't fully feeling it deeply resonating in your bones the way others without a history of trauma would. Consequently sometimes you struggle with understanding that you're as cared for as you are.
There are two reasons for this. The first reason is because you're looking for love from other people when it truth it needs to come from you. The second reason is because you struggle with understanding that you are, in fact, so deserving of this love. The more that you can love yourself the more that you will also be able to accept it from others.

Does that help?

Michellehihi

So, what this card is saying is that the love from others is, to a certain extent, inaccessible to you until you can love yourself. For example, someone can tell you "I love you" and you can take that to be a compliment, but you aren't fully feeling it deeply resonating in your bones the way others without a history of trauma would. Consequently sometimes you struggle with understanding that you're as cared for as you are.
There are two reasons for this. The first reason is because you're looking for love from other people when it truth it needs to come from you. The second reason is because you struggle with understanding that you are, in fact, so deserving of this love. The more that you can love yourself the more that you will also be able to accept it from others.

Does that help?
I do understand what you write, but the image on the card is a closed eye with blown candles on it. So I was wondering what triggered you to read this in the image...do you understand my question? Because what you wrote, that is very clear!

AnemoneRosie

Yes, I understand your question now!

Essentially, it comes down to a couple of factors: one is that there is an image very similar to the "obfuscate" card - except that the candles are lit. It might be titled "awakening" but I can't remember right this second.

Another factor is that this word means that something must be clouding the clarity that you'd otherwise have. So, in the context of the Lily, the card positions, and the rest of the reading, what could be clouding your clarity? Given that the card positions are based on what's stopping others from receiving your love, and that this reading was sort of the opposite of that (becoming how can you give your love or how can you love yourself?), and something is clouding that from happening - than the answer must be within as well.

Does that help to clarify what happened?

Michellehihi

Yes, I understand your question now!

Essentially, it comes down to a couple of factors: one is that there is an image very similar to the "obfuscate" card - except that the candles are lit. It might be titled "awakening" but I can't remember right this second.

Another factor is that this word means that something must be clouding the clarity that you'd otherwise have. So, in the context of the Lily, the card positions, and the rest of the reading, what could be clouding your clarity? Given that the card positions are based on what's stopping others from receiving your love, and that this reading was sort of the opposite of that (becoming how can you give your love or how can you love yourself?), and something is clouding that from happening - than the answer must be within as well.

Does that help to clarify what happened?
Oh I understand. Thank you. I think this card in the context then is really linked to the first card: although the sun is there shining for me, I cannot see it because my eyes are closed. It is a real contrast, on the first card the sun is on fire, on the third card there is no more fire.

Your reading is suddenly totally clear! It is good that I slept on it and let is sink inside my mind.
Thank you.
This last card is so sad all of a sudden. Like I am not letting myself be loved. Oh, it's like a dark cloud is just on top of my head. Or a strong wind blew out my candles.

AnemoneRosie

You got it right with the sun shining brightly - but it's so bright that you had to close your eyes.
It's not sad in that you're not consciously creating this situation. It's just something that happens, particularly when we have rocky upbringings. The good news is that you can light the candles and you can put up a shield between you and the sun so that you can open your eyes.

Or, without the metaphor, you can learn to love yourself, which will allow for you to feel all of the love (the sun) that others are reflecting at you. Right now it's so much that it (like the bright sun) feels intolerable because it's too intense and it's not a feeling that you're accustomed to as you didn't have it earlier in your life. You can learn to tolerate it, and to encourage it. It's a basic human need.