Sabian Symbols Study Group: Sagittarius 11 - #251

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: SAGITTARIUS
Degree: 11
Number: 251

Symbol: IN THE LEFT SECTION OF AN ARCHAIC TEMPLE, A LAMP BURNS IN A CONTAINER SHAPED LIKE A HUMAN BODY.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 250.jpg
    250.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 339

MCsea

FIRE life light warmth direction...

Sabian Symbol: The lamp of physical enlightenment at the left temple
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Reconciliation
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Adductor muscles
Crystal Element: Alabaster (Onyx Marble)
Expression: Alabaster is a common name for a calcite-rich, ornamental stone. Alabaster promotes understanding, calmness and enlightenment.
Message: Spiritual thinking and meditation leading to physical growth and ascension.
Sun Focus: Spiritually motivated, you understand and respect all points of view and see they all have a place in the Divine.
Affirmation: The Divine within me honours the Divine in you.

MCsea

Oh I just got this in an e-mail today, and I can see how it fits into this symbol - I had not really thought about Mandalas here but it fits - for me anyway

Mandalas have been used for centuries as birth, meditation and manifestation tools. They are also utilised within the great religions and spiritualities of the planet.

In Tibetan Buddhism, the utopian heavenly place of ‘shambhala’ described as being made of eight regions arranged in a mandala of an eight-petalled lotus, each region being surrounded by a ring of snow-clad mountains.

In Judaism, the mandala is acknowledged as a form of light set in the centre of a circle that illuminates the body and creates enlightenment. The Star of David symbol, adopted by Judaism in the Middle Ages, is a common motif found in mandalas.

In the Christian religions, the evidence of mandala energy is obvious in the forms of the Celtic cross, the use of the halo, the rosary and labyrinthine journeys such as the ancient one found on the floor of Chartres Cathedral, in France. I have walked the replica of this labyrinth at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco and experienced it as a mandala of immense power, a circle within circles, clear and strong.

In Islam, sacred art is dominated by geometric shapes with segments of the circles. Buddhist writer, David Fontana, speaks of visiting great mosques in which the entire building becomes a mandala as the dome of the roof represents the arch of the heavens and turns the worshipper's attention towards Allah.
all from
Lucy
www.lucybaker.net