Second hand witch equipment?

earthair

As I browsed the tarot goodies on eBay this morning I came across a whole lot of wands, crystals, decks, books etc being sold from the estate of a witch. I was very tempted by a few of the crystals and wands but something held me back...wondering what they've been used for.

So my question is...would you buy pre loved magical equipment?

Apollonia

As I browsed the tarot goodies on eBay this morning I came across a whole lot of wands, crystals, decks, books etc being sold from the estate of a witch. I was very tempted by a few of the crystals and wands but something held me back...wondering what they've been used for.

I would, but I would use my pendulum and go over each item I purchased, asking whether it needed to be cleared and clearing the ones that did.

Tanga

Yes! I would - and I have. (I see where you're coming from - and I MUST RESIST - trying to find out what you bumped into :joke: ).
If I felt they needed "re-programming" in some way - then I'd do that, alla Apollonia.
It's nicer ofcourse - if you know who the owner was - as with some of my equipment.

This suddenly reminds me of the character "Bob" - in the the Harry Dresden files (Fantasy novels about
a modern wizard in Chicago, written by Jim Butcher). Bob - is an amoral elemental spirit encyclopedia, housed in a skull. His personality changes depending on whomever owns his skull - so he's good if owned by a good guy,
and bad if owned by a bad one. :D

Morwenna

I agree. There's something rather comforting to know that something keeps on even after the original user is gone. It is better if you knew the person, of course, but there are a lot of magical people out there who have no biological heirs; so what's wrong with having spiritual heirs, even if they are unknown at the time? I'd like to think that my stuff would go to someone who appreciates it, not just tossed out.

ncharge

I have bought items from a witch estate off ebay. I assumed it was just a gimmick, but in fact the athame had power. It also had the witch's spirit hanging around. I cleansed the spirit away and the power remained. She was a rude, mean woman. If she had been more of a teacher, I would have been overjoyed to work with her.