Serensychromarilynomancy!

Mycroft

This is an idea that's been bubbling around in my head for quite a while now, and I think that this may be the right time to finally unleash it and see what happens. Basically what I'm trying to do is unify three powerful mystical forces into one piece of Team Divination,

39_chitty_chitty_bang_bang_blu_ray.jpg

To wit, I am hoping that we can succeed in having;

1. Serendipity
2. Synchronicity
3. Spirit Communication

all allied and joined together in a group exercise the aim of which is to deduce a message from someone in the great beyond. The way it works is like this; I have selected (or rather the individual selected herself) a departed person who will hopefully be able to 'channel' a message to us through fortunate happenstances in the week ahead. Those of you who are particularly quick on the uptake may already have worked out who this lady is, and it is of course the 'Candle In The Wind' herself, Marilyn Monroe...

marilyn_monroe.jpg

So, this is the methodology, it is exactly 00:01am GMT Saturday 9 January 2016 as I am posting this, and in exactly one week from now at 00:01am GMT Saturday 16 January 2016, I will say 'no more submissions' - but between then and now I would like everyone to post any and all synchronicities or serendipitous events that happen to them which are Marilyn Monroe related. I genuinely feel that Marilyn has a message for all of us, if only we can work out what it is!

Feel free to ask questions about anything that isn't clear, and I'll respond with an answer that will confuse the issue even more.

Starri Knytes

hmmm
There was an unusual number of fb posts containing Marilyn yesterday. Was that a preamble to the Senesychromarilynomancy post!?!
Screenshot_2016-01-08-17-19-08-1_zpsvv5ktnie.png

A call from the diva herself?!?

Mycroft

A call from the diva herself?!?
On three separate occasions yesterday I did Google image searches for things that were entirely unrelated to each other and about as far away from glamorous divas as you can reasonably get. Yet on all three occasions a picture of MM came up in the second row! At this point I decided that the lady was becoming distinctly impatient with me Starri.

Arif

This is an idea that's been bubbling around in my head for quite a while now, and I think that this may be the right time to finally unleash it and see what happens. Basically what I'm trying to do is unify three powerful mystical forces into one piece of Team Divination,

39_chitty_chitty_bang_bang_blu_ray.jpg

To wit, I am hoping that we can succeed in having;

1. Serendipity
2. Synchronicity
3. Spirit Communication

all allied and joined together in a group exercise the aim of which is to deduce a message from someone in the great beyond. The way it works is like this; I have selected (or rather the individual selected herself) a departed person who will hopefully be able to 'channel' a message to us through fortunate happenstances in the week ahead. Those of you who are particularly quick on the uptake may already have worked out who this lady is, and it is of course the 'Candle In The Wind' herself, Marilyn Monroe...

marilyn_monroe.jpg

So, this is the methodology, it is exactly 00:01am GMT Saturday 9 January 2016 as I am posting this, and in exactly one week from now at 00:01am GMT Saturday 16 January 2016, I will say 'no more submissions' - but between then and now I would like everyone to post any and all synchronicities or serendipitous events that happen to them which are Marilyn Monroe related. I genuinely feel that Marilyn has a message for all of us, if only we can work out what it is!

Feel free to ask questions about anything that isn't clear, and I'll respond with an answer that will confuse the issue even more.

ok love the idea I shall tune in and let you know thanks

stone_lotus

OK, cool cool, I am in!

seedcake

Oh wow, few hours before your post Mycroft, I was in the mall, looking for a new, shiny notebook (which I couldn't find, of course). I stopped to look at calendars. All were brown, black etc. But one was different - it was colorful Marilyn Monroe calendar. Only in stock. I'm open for this fun :D

SweetSiren

How did she select herself?

Mycroft

How did she select herself?
On three separate occasions yesterday I did Google image searches for things that were entirely unrelated to each other and about as far away from glamorous divas as you can reasonably get. Yet on all three occasions a picture of MM came up in the second row! At this point I decided that the lady was becoming distinctly impatient with me Starri.
I was musing over the idea of who to select for this exercise, and it just seemed to me that pictures of Marilyn appearing three times consecutively like that were her way of pushing to the front of the queue, so to speak.

Starri Knytes

It's a Marilyn Trifecta
Screenshot_2016-01-09-13-02-39-1_zpsddmvoonf.png

Ironically, while creating this image there was a game playing in the background. The announcer says, "With that, Marilyn takes the lead“. That's too funny.

Now what are we doing here again? Just looking for synchronicities or actually getting a message from the diva herself? Cause if it's a message you're looking for... I can do that ;)

Mycroft

Now what are we doing here again? Just looking for synchronicities or actually getting a message from the diva herself?
What I'm hoping for is that if everyone records any Marilyn synchronicities they have this week, then a general theme might emerge. We can then speculate, in the same way we would do on a recurring theme in our dreams, as to what the underlying message might be. In the Divination- Step Outside of Your Comfort Zone thread both EmpressArwen and I had the theme of 'Wild Horses' in our readings for GotH, and I'm trusting that similar patterns may come through here.