Spell against harmful people

Tor

I don't define anything. I have no need for that. I am a grown-up with capable thoughts and emotions behind it.

You all seem to define magick though, which I think is the scariest part...

I am so peaceful and kind that I have no problem casting this spell.

I have no fear of it either.

And I'm not afraid of taking responsibility for my actions.

It's still just a volunteer thing to do, but please don't spread your definitions of magick like they are the only truth.

And maybe... if you are afraid of magick and it's power, you might considering not doing it - for your own good emotions?

And if you say it's all about respect and not fear, then in my opinion if you can't treat magick with disrespect, then you should stay away from it...

Carla

all harmful people will stew in
their own juices until they learn
to do only good deeds and send
out only positive energies.

No one does only good deeds and sends out only positive energies. Don't kid yourself. This spell just strikes me as immature.

Tor

Thank God it's immature!

That shows the whole essence of my faith - a childlike approach :)

Sulis

I read the opening post of this thread last night just before logging off when it had no replies and was going to respond then but didn't really have the energy but my first thought was 'nooooooo' for the reasons stated by Debra and Lillie above...

You're asking people to bind people they don't know....

No, no, no, no ,no.

I can understand that you thought that this was coming from a place of caring when you wrote it but magic is not to be played with like this. It should be thought out, carefully and directed, carefully.

NO.

Anna

I don't define anything. I have no need for that. I am a grown-up with capable thoughts and emotions behind it.

You all seem to define magick though, which I think is the scariest part...

I am so peaceful and kind that I have no problem casting this spell.

I have no fear of it either.

And I'm not afraid of taking responsibility for my actions.

It's still just a volunteer thing to do, but please don't spread your definitions of magick like they are the only truth.

And maybe... if you are afraid of magick and it's power, you might considering not doing it - for your own good emotions?

And if you say it's all about respect and not fear, then in my opinion if you can't treat magick with disrespect, then you should stay away from it...

I understand that you intentions are to make the world a more peaceful, kinder place. Given all that is happening in the world, all that seems so wrong and evil, it is totally understandable to think that if we all just work together to put our energies out there, perhaps we can fight back and stop it all. I do see where you are coming from.

But I see faults in the working that you've put forward, and I think that this is what everyone is reacting so strongly to. It was certainly my reaction.

This working could go wrong because it is not specific. If I kill a spider, for example, am I a harmful person? Am I going to be bound from ever killing another one? Are armies of spiders going to come at me in the night to revenge the death? I know it's a silly example, I'm just using it to try and explain what I mean.I think it's really important to be specific about who and what you consider harmful, or else it could hit people you don't mean it to hit.

Bindings are powerful. I know because I use them, and they are not to be used lightly or without considerable forethought.

If it were my working, rather than a mass binding I would send a blessing to mankind. I might aim to open their eyes to the damage they doing to themselves and the planet, in the hope that they might choose to change their behaviour.

NikkiB

I think the intention behind this post is of the best intentions. We would all like to see less people in the world hurting others. It is easy to do something with the best intentions but not see far reaching consequences.

I don't think for a second it is possible for this spell to work en masse - far to scattered in a number of ways.

I also agree with the other posters here that this is not something I would do. We each can make the choice to send out loving energies. understanding and compassion. This is the way I would rather do it. The law of attraction - you will reap what you sow all works for me in my head.

We must each walk our own path, its the way we learn and develop - karma... is our judge and lesson

BUT I do understand where the poster is coming from and think it was meant well and kindly

Le Fanu

Oh the endless human desire to control other people!

Milfoil

Playing Devil's advocate here!!!

What is prayer, in the wider sense, such as praying for world peace etc if not a rather wide and vague spell intention? Yet we see this offered every day. How or why is it acceptable to pray for 'good' things on a broad, global basis yet not this? Does it merely come down to what could cause what we perceive to be harm?

Terms such as good and bad, harmful, truthful etc are very subjective. One only has to watch a courtroom in action for a day to see how harm and truth are often dependant upon the person experiencing them.

Although the sentiments behind the request may be altruistic, the wording is so subjective that, for me, it means the whole spell carries no weight and is rather like asking for every star to be given an extra twinkle!

Le Fanu

Also playing devil's advocate...

It's just that "harmful" (tossed around like this) invariably means other people doing what you don't want them to...

(A tardy and untrustworthy employee whose supervisor blocked their promotion would be considered a "harmful" influence by the employee. That kind of thing... People often think that anything which stops their life turning out as they want it to must be "harmful".)

Sulis

And 'binding' even though it's use is too broad here to be effective is a very serious business and not to be taken lightly. Binding is not prayer, nothing like it.